Well, that sucked

Not sure what the moral was, but ok.

No moral. Just had to vent a bit. I'm hopeful that the pieces will all come together eventually, but for now, I just tip my hat and call the Pats my daddy. See you on December 6.

No moral. Just had to vent a bit. I'm hopeful that the pieces will all come together eventually, but for now, I just tip my hat and call the Pats my daddy. See you on December 6.

Thanks for being good about the loss man, its refreshing.

I'm hopeful that the pisces will all come together eventually, but for now, I just tip my hat and call the Pats my daddy. See you on December 6.
mackerel.png

Yeah, that's the problem with this team, we have way too many "moral victories". Coulda woulda shouldas against what imo are the 3 best teams in the league right now--Pats,Saints, and Colts. At the end of the day, winning teams like the Pats somehow always find a way to get the only stat that matters which of course is a +1 in the W column. Great game though, can't wait for the rematch!

Yeah, it's technically not over yet. But that's pretty much all she wrote. I wish I could say I was a big believer in moral victories.

When will Fish fans learn that the Pats are far from being the NJ Jets? :huh:

Considering how poorly many of the Patriots played, I'm really surprised they actually won. NE really needs to work on their tackling and the coverage - yes with little safety help, I realize - was dreadful at times. When Miami's receivers outplay your CBs you have about as bad a day as you can have.

One other thing, there were two late playcalls that I thought were thoughtless as well.

1) 3rd and 3 prior to Miami's final "real drive". OK, everyone knows that NE is a passing team, everyone knows NE loves either Welker or Faulk on 3rd and short, everyone knows that NE isn't going to call a pass that could fall inc because Miami was out of timeouts. How about a quick hitch WR screen?! They'll never see that one coming! :rollseyes: That was an obvious, just-run-the-ball shot. It would have actyually surprised Miami and LoMo was plowing over guys.

2) On second down just before the two minute warning, they ran despite there being 2:03 left. No matter what you do, the play is taking you to 2:00 and that's about it. That is when you pass because an inc doesn't hurt you in any way.

Not a lot of imagination on those. I really hope that NE was doing the "let's play it close to the vest because we have a tough slate ahead and we see these guys again in a month" thing because otherwise that was a very disappointing performance.

Yeah, that's the problem with this team, we have way too many "moral victories". Coulda woulda shouldas against what imo are the 3 best teams in the league right now--Pats,Saints, and Colts. At the end of the day, winning teams like the Pats somehow always find a way to get the only stat that matters which of course is a +1 in the W column. Great game though, can't wait for the rematch!

Dolphins aren't that far away from being better. Need some help at WR for sure. Hard to read Henne, but he made some good throws that were dropped today. Boy has an arm, that's for sure.

Considering how poorly many of the Patriots played, I'm really surprised they actually won. NE really needs to work on their tackling and the coverage - yes with little safety help, I realize - was dreadful at times. When Miami's receivers outplay your CBs you have about as bad a day as you can have.

One other thing, there were two late playcalls that I thought were thoughtless as well.

1) 3rd and 3 prior to Miami's final "real drive". OK, everyone knows that NE is a passing team, everyone knows NE loves either Welker or Faulk on 3rd and short, everyone knows that NE isn't going to call a pass that could fall inc because Miami was out of timeouts. How about a quick hitch WR screen?! They'll never see that one coming! :rollseyes: That was an obvious, just-run-the-ball shot. It would have actyually surprised Miami and LoMo was plowing over guys.

2) On second down just before the two minute warning, they ran despite there being 2:03 left. No matter what you do, the play is taking you to 2:00 and that's about it. That is when you pass because an inc doesn't hurt you in any way.

Not a lot of imagination on those. I really hope that NE was doing the "let's play it close to the vest because we have a tough slate ahead and we see these guys again in a month" thing because otherwise that was a very disappointing performance.

I was saying the same thing. Why not take a crack at a screen or short pass so you have a chance at converting on third. Its a small thing but seemed thoughtless at that point in the game.

When will Fish fans learn that the Pats are far from being the NJ Jets? :huh:

Interestingly enough though, the Phins actually have a better record against the Patriots this decade than they do against the Jets. I think we have the best winning % against the Brady Pats but our record against the Jets has been horrible unfortunately, even with the 3 straight wins.

Back