We're on to Houstan: Gamete Thread

I don't see anyone happy with losing. I see people who understand we are starting over and its not going to be easy. you can bet if we don't improve as the season goes on you will see a change in the posts.

I think anyone who has rooted for this team the last 20 years could be a little spoiled. Its tough for me to see this team 1-3 cause I feel they are better than that but time will tell
I wasnt talking about you or anyone in particular, not a knock more of an observation.... but being a fan for double that and then some... I understand how they can feel that way as well.

~Dee~

Last edited:
I'm just so happy to see a young, raw-to-the-NFL QB who can run a hurry-up offense
as well as Mac has just done for the most part 4 games into his career

gives me game-to-game hope, not dread like last year's every Sunday did

I'm just so happy to see a young, raw-to-the-NFL QB who can run a hurry-up offense
as well as Mac has just done for the most part 4 games into his career

gives me game-to-game hope, not dread like last year's every Sunday did
Even when Brady was here, I wanted to us run the hurry up a bit more. It felt like too many times we were stale, drives stalling way too often, it's like the team couldn't find a rhythm. I would still like to see it run more often, get the rhythm early in the game and keep it going.

I see some as a spoiled fanbase:coffee:

~Dee~
And it’s mainly teenagers and 20 somethings who are entitled. It’s why the rest of the league hates out fanbase.

Throw in the immediate need for satisfaction that our society apparently must have, and it’s what we have here.

I would recommend using the eye test this season and don’t look at the score.

The club could easily be 4-0. There is 1 play in each game that is tied to the 3 losses, so you could technically see that as a lot to sort of improve on. The team is close.

We are 3 points away from 3-1. We are in much better position than the 2001 team at 1-3. Just sayin'. :coffee:
You'll recall that SI ranked that 2001 team 33rd out of 32 teams in the power ranking the week that Bledsoe got hurt. They left #32 empty to make the point of how bad and hopeless they thought that team was.

I think anyone who has rooted for this team the last 20 years could be a little spoiled. Its tough for me to see this team 1-3 cause I feel they are better than that but time will tell
I don't like that we tried to do the rebuild on the fly. I was fine with 2-3 years of selling off the vets and infusing younger talent. The way things have been handled we might be further back right now and get our young Qb killed.

We are 3 points away from 3-1. We are in much better position than the 2001 team at 1-3. Just sayin'. :coffee:
I agree. They need to come out with that same sense of urgency as they showed vs Tampa. That’s the key now alongside playing faster and crisper, obviously.

I don't like that we tried to do the rebuild on the fly. I was fine with 2-3 years of selling off the vets and infusing younger talent. The way things have been handled we might be further back right now and get our young Qb killed.
we are not even half way through the 2nd season yet. And to be honest I wouldn't count last year so we are 4 games into a rebuild

we are not even half way through the 2nd season yet. And to be honest I wouldn't count last year so we are 4 games into a rebuild
I get what you are saying but I am not just looking at our record as the ultimate indicator. We could easily be 3-1. I am more looking at the construction of the team and the mess that is our Oline and Dline that is letting up 122 yards a game. In the big picture, this team is not performing better than last year despite significantly better QB play. That is what is concerning.

It’s not on the fly. This started in 2018 with the 2 1st rd picks. They just happened to win a SB at the front of the 2-3 year build.

Just because you weren’t paying attention doesn’t mean it wasn’t happening. You were probably shocked when BB walked from Brady by not giving him a contract at 25 mil per until “age 45” to appease Brady’s personal whims with Giselle.

And you can throw out 2020 because of the pandemic, too. The greatest teacher ever couldn’t teach.

If you actually paid attention, you can see there is a lot of talent here that just needs to keep playing and growing.

They outplayed all the teams
except for the Saints and they were within a TD in the 4th after all 3 phases underperformed.

I get what you are saying but I am not just looking at our record as the ultimate indicator. We could easily be 3-1. I am more looking at the construction of the team and the mess that is our Oline and Dline that is letting up 122 yards a game. In the big picture, this team is not performing better than last year despite significantly better QB play. That is what is concerning.
They are not “giving up 122 a game”. $100 this is the narrative on 98.5 right now, which is why you are harping on it.

NE has controlled every team’s lead backs and if the strategy is to concede the run like
vs the Jets as they baited Wilson or Brady (yes, they induced the run as predicted), then that stat is irrelevant.

If they gameplan to stop the run, they will.

I am hearing Wynn is not vaxed. If true, he won't be playing Sunday.

Back