We're on to Houstan: Gamete Thread

They did. It was a very impressive performance.
It’s top 15 defensive gameplans in BBs tenure here and many newer players on D helped execute it to perfection.

We shall see if other coaches have the balls to deploy such a layered scheme vs Brady like that because it worked very well.

They did. It was a very impressive performance.
It’s top 15 defensive gameplans in BBs tenure here and many newer players on D helped execute it to perfection.

We shall see if other coaches have the balls to deploy such a layered scheme vs Brady like that because it worked very well.
Last week was a loss. This team could finish with 4 wins and 3/4ths of this forum would be impressed.

You can guarantee the Texans view this as a get right game and will come out playing hard.
No, I think that rational people realize how close the team is to 4-0 or 3-1 and use their eyeballs during Sept with a lot of new bodies on the team.

Then, they realize who are coach is.

You know, stuff like that. Being rational and understanding the sport, devoid of negative or outright lies as hot takes, don’t interest some people.

Agree 100 percent with Colin here on our WRs/offense. I talked about all offseason about having dynamic play makers. Mac Jones/Pats starts at 5:00 minute mark.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubHh5TCSZGw

Of course you do. Ever since he went to Fox, he was told to bash BB.

When he was at ESPN he was told to counter the BB bashing.

How old are you? Have you ever answered? If you are a teenager and newish to the sport, that’s cool. Totally get you have a lot to learn.

Yet, Mac Jones is setting NFL records and Meyers 2nd in the league in contested catches somehow is bad.

Gotcha.

Agree 100 percent with Colin here on our WRs/offense. I talked about all offseason about having dynamic play makers. Mac Jones/Pats starts at 5:00 minute mark.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubHh5TCSZGw

I disagree about "low ceiling", but, otherwise, I agree. Mac isn't fast, but, he's NFL ready though. The Pats really do need a #1 WR that is fast and can separate from the defender.

And it’s mainly teenagers and 20 somethings who are entitled. It’s why the rest of the league hates out fanbase.

Throw in the immediate need for satisfaction that our society apparently must have, and it’s what we have here.
Well in fairness to those teenagers and twenty somethings, all they know are the Tom Brady led Patriots and the most dominant franchise in NFL history. I don't know if spoiled is the correct word. It's really all they have known their entire lives.

The older folk remember before Bledsoe when a .500 season was something to be enthusiastic about until our hearts were broken the following year..lol

I agree 100%.

Indeed, I found myself getting interested again after Brady left, and we looked likely to pick a QB to launch our new era.

I agree 100%.

Indeed, I found myself getting interested again after Brady left, and we looked likely to pick a QB to launch our new era.
I think it's great fun.

No, I don't like watching them lose these close games, but I feel like you have to temper your expectations when you have a rookie qb, and a team largely built through free agency.

The rookie is better than most of us thought he would be as a rook, and the team will get better as the season goes on.

The future feels bright and I have none of the doom and gloom others are feeling.

Besides which, after the past 20 years, I am so much more relaxed as a fan. So much gravy.

I think it's great fun.

No, I don't like watching them lose these close games, but I feel like you have to temper your expectations when you have a rookie qb, and a team largely built through free agency.

The rookie is better than most of us thought he would be as a rook, and the team will get better as the season goes on.

The future feels bright and I have none of the doom and gloom others are feeling.

Besides which, after the past 20 years, I am so much more relaxed as a fan. So much gravy.
This exactly

~Dee~

I think it's great fun.

This is exactly my point. It’s like 8 out of ten on this forum prefer watching a team sub .500 rather than have the standard be reaching the AFC championship every year.
Next year could easily be worse than this one. Jackson will be overpaid or gone. He’s the equivalent of Ju Ju on defense. The secondary in general will need to be rebuilt. The offensive line that everyone here touted so much this offseason looks like it needs major rebuilding. The tight ends were awful signings, that was obvious from the beginning. Admittedly I was happy with the Nelson signing, but now it’s clear he’s extremely overpaid. I don’t now where y’all expect the improvement to come from next year. Where? It’s going to be the same skill guys with a worse defense.
I want to reiterate. Most of y’all were calling for at least ten wins, and telling me I’m a hater, a non pats fan, and a troll for predicting all of this.
Macs going to be a starter in this league for awhile. BB should get absolutely no credit for that pick. Anyone here would have taken him after he fell that far.
This isn’t 2004. That was almost twenty years ago. It’s time for a new coach.

I think it's great fun.

We had reached, as fans, a point where fans, as we know them rarely go. A point where we KNOW almost as fact, that we will go deep in the playoffs and a point where we hope/expect to go to and win the Super Bowl. And most unheard of, a point where failure to win the title FEELS like failure, In other words, pure insanity. An unbelievable ride that I wouldn't have missed for the world. But the ride is over. And we are all free to go back to being real fans. To be fans rooting for the laundry. Fans wo truly have no idea what will happen but who are also encouraged by much of what we see. Fans who are ready and willing to cheer wildly with every good play.

Go Pats!

This is exactly my point. It’s like 8 out of ten on this forum prefer watching a team sub .500 rather than have the standard be reaching the AFC championship every year.
Next year could easily be worse than this one. Jackson will be overpaid or gone. He’s the equivalent of Ju Ju on defense. The secondary in general will need to be rebuilt. The offensive line that everyone here touted so much this offseason looks like it needs major rebuilding. The tight ends were awful signings, that was obvious from the beginning. Admittedly I was happy with the Nelson signing, but now it’s clear he’s extremely overpaid. I don’t now where y’all expect the improvement to come from next year. Where? It’s going to be the same skill guys with a worse defense.
I want to reiterate. Most of y’all were calling for at least ten wins, and telling me I’m a hater, a non pats fan, and a troll for predicting all of this.
Macs going to be a starter in this league for awhile. BB should get absolutely no credit for that pick. Anyone here would have taken him after he fell that far.
This isn’t 2004. That was almost twenty years ago. It’s time for a new coach.
No, I don't prefer watching a sub .500 team. I would much rather see more championships. But my expectations are realistic given the circumstances. I don't blame you for your feelings and don't think you should be insulted for them.

But I also can't help my optimism given what I've seen. I still think 10 wins is a strong possibility, and I don't think another coach exists that would do any better.

No, I don't prefer watching a sub .500 team. I would much rather see more championships. But my expectations are realistic given the circumstances. I don't blame you for your feelings and don't think you should be insulted for them.

But I also can't help my optimism given what I've seen. I still think 10 wins is a strong possibility, and I don't think another coach exists that would do any better.
To take that last point a step further, I don't think a coach exists who.would do as well. We all know there are regular posters here who so fervently hate the coach that they're at a point where, despite their claims to the contrary, want this team to lose, exult when it loses and yet claim to be fans of the team. I can't imagine a phonier, more disingenuous existence for a supposed fan. Now, in their defense, I'd suspect they were Patriot fans at one time .and still believe they are, but they're not. Once again to repeat for emphasis, you can't root for a team to lose, be pleased when it loses and be a fan of that team. End of story,...y'all...

Back