We're on to Tampa Bay: Game Thread - Buccaneers @ Patriots - Sun. Oct 3rd 8:20 PM (NBC)

This was posted on PatsFans but wanted to discuss here as well. This was a horrific play by Van Noy. The 3rd down & 6 early in the 4th quarter that Brady scrambled for. You can see that Van Noy was in perfect position to tackle Brady about 3-5 yards short of the line to gain, had a good angle on him, and basically just had to wrap-up Brady and bring him to the ground, with Godchaux right there as well to finish the deal. But he tries to knock Brady's head off instead of the wrap up and actually takes Godchaux out of the play.

And then on top - it looks like Brady was short of the line to gain so a challenge there and Bucs may be looking at 4th and 1.

I think I've finally figured you out.

You're a true believer in Brady and are therefore compelled by those beliefs to praise his name whenever and wherever possible in order to spread the good word.

In Buddhism, the devoted spin prayer wheels upon which are printed OM MANI PADME HUM -- a common mantra (prayer). According to tradition:

“those who set up the place for worship, use the knowledge to propagate the dharma to common people, should there be any man or woman who are illiterate and unable to read the sutra, they should then set up the prayer wheel to facilitate those illiterate to chant the sutra, and the effect is the same as reading the sutra”[2]

So, the Bohdisattva, or devoted student following in the path of Buddha, feel that they are helping others attain enlightenment and merit (good karma) while purifying negatives (bad karma) and this website has always been about karma.

You're a Bradysattva and in you're own somewhat creepy, repetitive way all your posts here (and probably elsewhere) are like spinning prayer wheels to the universe to bring enlightenment to all the poor souls who are ignorant (virtually all of us). I don't know why I haven't seen it until now.

You can't help yourself. To you, Brady is the living embodiment of Buddha so you have to do it. Kind of like this person:

prayer.jpg

You're a true believer in Brady and are therefore compelled by those beliefs to praise his name whenever and wherever possible in order to spread the good word.

In Buddhism, the devoted spin prayer wheels upon which are printed OM MANI PADME HUM -- a common mantra (prayer). According to tradition:

“those who set up the place for worship, use the knowledge to propagate the dharma to common people, should there be any man or woman who are illiterate and unable to read the sutra, they should then set up the prayer wheel to facilitate those illiterate to chant the sutra, and the effect is the same as reading the sutra”[2]

So, the Bohdisattva, or devoted student following in the path of Buddha, feel that they are helping others attain enlightenment and merit (good karma) while purifying negatives (bad karma) and this website has always been about karma.

You're a Bradysattva and in you're own somewhat creepy, repetitive way all your posts here (and probably elsewhere) are like spinning prayer wheels to the universe to bring enlightenment to all the poor souls who are ignorant (virtually all of us). I don't know why I haven't seen it until now.

You can't help yourself. To you, Brady is the living embodiment of Buddha so you have to do it. Kind of like this person:

View attachment 7177
:love-heart:

Oh, bullshit.

Of course it sums up your thoughts since it's from 'EEI. You both think in the here-and-now and you both have strong negative tendencies.
Neither of you can think a year into the future which is what BB always has to do.
Most of us see the future and we like the way it's going.
The close wins will come in time. We have a lot of new players that have to be assimilated and coached up. It's coming together.
We can see the improvement.
Some expect Jones to be Tom Brady, but here's the thing, Tom Brady wasn't anything his rookie year. That's what people are forgetting, people also forget that the first 4 years Brady was a starter, mot of his passes were high percentage short and mid range passes. Mac is as accurate as they come, he has completed 70-75% of his passes in 2 or 3 games this season. TB12 is gone, he's not coming back and I agree with you. The future is here and the direction it's heading in is promising, even if some can't see past their blinders.

The Pats spent $160 mil this off-season in guaranteed money to be competitive this season. Many on the predictions thread had the team at 11 or 12 wins. Now you want to move the goal posts and say we should be looking at the future? Bill didn't build this team this year for next years results. He built it to win this year and we have had 2 games now at home in which we should have won if not for mistakes that cost us both games.
Who predicted 1 or 12 wins? I and many thought we'd scrape a winning season, which we can still do. This is a long term rebuild with a young QB, it will take time. Which we have. Coaching a team that wins 6 SBs, Multiple Division and Conference wins gives you that time, Bill has earned that right.

The Pats spent $160 mil this off-season in guaranteed money to be competitive this season. Many on the predictions thread had the team at 11 or 12 wins. Now you want to move the goal posts and say we should be looking at the future? Bill didn't build this team this year for next years results. He built it to win this year and we have had 2 games now at home in which we should have won if not for mistakes that cost us both games.

Says the one who always moves the goal posts.

Clown Reaction GIF by Sarah Squirm

There you go thinking of the here and now again!

"Bill didn't build this team this year for next years results."
You really don't understand team building at all.

"He built it to win this year"
Bullshit again! That's a myopic pov even for you. You really think BB thought he'd win a SB this year with a rookie QB??
BB has 1 goal in mind and that's to build this team to compete year in and year out for the SB. Yes, he wants to win games along the way but he, more than anyone, knows how long it takes to coach up the players to get to that point. From my pov, he's already way ahead of schedule as evidenced from "we have had 2 games now at home in which we should have won if not for mistakes that cost us both games". One of those games was against your SB Champs Tampa Bay Buccaneers in which our QB of the future outplayed your darling QB of the past. Think about that for a minute and maybe you will understand.

Looking into the future isn't a new thing for me or for most of us here for that matter. No one here expected us to compete for a SB this year. But we see the future and we like what he's building here. We're happy with what we're seeing. Once those mistakes are corrected we'll be winning those games. We see that, too.

If you want immediate gratification stay over at Patsfans and enjoy your rotten miserable life with the rest of them.

Who predicted 1 or 12 wins? I and many thought we'd scrape a winning season, which we can still do. This is a long term rebuild with a young QB, it will take time. Which we have. Coaching a team that wins 6 SBs, Multiple Division and Conference wins gives you that time, Bill has earned that right.
I thought they could 9 or 10 games. I still think they could, but that depends on how the OL develops. If they continue on this trajectory, we will be lucky to see 8 wins.

View attachment 7177
I have used the word groupie. Kind of reminds me of Tim Tebow fans, it didn't matter if he succeeds of fails, he is treated as a God by those fans. BB gave Tim a chance and I was moderating another board at the time. The new registration hit the roof, And their post were very similar to Mazz. When Tim got cut, all those new posters disappeared.

Now Tom certainly has more accomplishments than Tim ever had. But the groupie mentality seems to be the same. It's not TIm's or Tom's fault, it just is what it is.

"He built it to win this year"
Bullshit again! That's a myopic pov even for you. You really think BB thought he'd win a SB this year with a rookie QB??
BB has 1 goal in mind and that's to build this team to compete year in and year out for the SB. Yes, he wants to win games along the way but he, more than anyone, knows how long it takes to coach up the players to get to that point. From my pov, he's already way ahead of schedule as evidenced from "we have had 2 games now at home in which we should have won if not for mistakes that cost us both games". One of those games was against your SB Champs Tampa Bay Buccaneers in which our QB of the future outplayed your darling QB of the past. Think about that for a minute and maybe you will understand.

Looking into the future isn't a new thing for me or for most of us here for that matter. No one here expected us to compete for a SB this year. But we see the future and we like what he's building here. We're happy with what we're seeing. Once those mistakes are corrected we'll be winning those games. We see that, too.
No. He did not build it to win the SB this year. He did built it to be a playoff contender. You don't spend $160 mil and draft a QB at 15 and not expect a playoff birth. I don't think Bill is at all pleased with a 1-3 start and 0-3 at home given these first four games (save for Tampa) were our easiest part of the schedule. And as you said, we should have won that Tampa game.

I do think there are a lot of new pieces but I have to ask you did you expect our Oline to look like this? Did you expect our run defense to be this bad? I ask this because these were supposed to be the strengths of our team and both of them are costing us these games and may end up getting Mac injured. Did you foresee all these turnovers and penalties? I sure didn't. That's just undisciplined playing and that stems from coaching. I think our assistant coaches are highly suspect.

The other thing that concerns me is I am not sure how we climb out of 26th in points scored if Mac is not going to throw the ball more than 15 yards. It makes it insanely easy for defenses to cheat up if they don't have to defend the deep ball. IMO, that is where our issues are coming from with regards to scoring points. I am not sure why he is not attempting more deep shots at this point. Tampa was the perfect team to do that against given all the injuries in their secondary and we never even tried them. That has to change at some point or else we will continue to score under 20 points a game except when we play the Jete.

So I hope this means the doghouse is full since Bolden clearly missed the block that got Mac nearly killed. Does that mean we get to see Stevenson soon?

No. He did not build it to win the SB this year. He did built it to be a playoff contender. You don't spend $160 mil and draft a QB at 15 and not expect a playoff birth. I don't think Bill is at all pleased with a 1-3 start and 0-3 at home given these first four games (save for Tampa) were our easiest part of the schedule. And as you said, we should have won that Tampa game.

I do think there are a lot of new pieces but I have to ask you did you expect our Oline to look like this? Did you expect our run defense to be this bad? I ask this because these were supposed to be the strengths of our team and both of them are costing us these games and may end up getting Mac injured. Did you foresee all these turnovers and penalties? I sure didn't. That's just undisciplined playing and that stems from coaching. I think our assistant coaches are highly suspect.

The other thing that concerns me is I am not sure how we climb out of 26th in points scored if Mac is not going to throw the ball more than 15 yards. It makes it insanely easy for defenses to cheat up if they don't have to defend the deep ball. IMO, that is where our issues are coming from with regards to scoring points. I am not sure why he is not attempting more deep shots at this point. Tampa was the perfect team to do that against given all the injuries in their secondary and we never even tried them. That has to change at some point or else we will continue to score under 20 points a game except when we play the Jete.
31/40 for 275 and 2 TD’s.

Bitch while you can 'cause it is OBVIOUSLY getting better to us.

Now to you Buc’s fans, that game had to be disconcerting.

Holy shit, coming off of a terrible Bucs loss, walking into a game against a team with a RAW and rookie quarterback, on a field that your quarterback has owned for two decades, to a stupendously large national TV audience, in adverse weather conditions you should have expected to win walking away.

Yet, you got lucky. A fumble and/or an extra coat of paint on the uprights are the only reason the Bucs were able to slink out of Foxborough with a W.

The last two weeks have proven that last year was probably a mirage. As stated before, the Bucs were least impacted by injuries and Covid and without it they might not make the playoffs never mind the Super Bowl.

Now your vaunted general manager down there is starting Richard (I’ll have a triple vodka on the rocks) Sherman at cornerbackback.1633446701806.jpeg

Last edited:

In order to BUILD a team, you need a foundation to build on. Mac Jones is that foundation, now the offense is assembled around him. With all the new faces offensively, being a "potential" playoff team may be a goal, but I think BB has focused more on the team being competitive this season.

So I hope this means the doghouse is full since Bolden clearly missed the block that got Mac nearly killed. Does that mean we get to see Stevenson soon?

White was on a delayed blitz. Bolden was already blocking someone else. He did the right thing and released when he saw White come but Mac was already looking downfield and did not see him. I don't think it is anyone's fault. Just a great play by Tampa.

White was on a delayed blitz. Bolden was already blocking someone else. He did the right thing and released when he saw White come but Mac was already looking downfield and did not see him. I don't think it is anyone's fault. Just a great play by Tampa.

Who did he block? He whiffed on a chip and then went to the flat. It was third and long and Bucs were bringing constant pressure. I bet you White doesn't do that. Your Buccaneer glasses are a little hazy.

Who did he block? He whiffed on a chip and then went to the flat. It was third and long and Bucs were bringing constant pressure. I bet you White doesn't do that. Your Buccaneer glasses are a little hazy.
It looks like he was going to chip on Barrett but releases to the flat when he sees White bull rush up the middle. He is open in the flat but Mac is looking downfield. I don't see it as anyone's fault. Just a great play call by Tampa and execution by White.

It looks like he was going to chip on Barrett but releases to the flat when he sees White bull rush up the middle.He is open in the flat but Mac is looking downfield. I don't see it as anyone's fault. Just a great play call by Tampa and execution by White.

And that is what we call a missed assignment. Good try, though.

Back