We're on to Tampa Bay: Game Thread - Buccaneers @ Patriots - Sun. Oct 3rd 8:20 PM (NBC)

Rap reports Sherman is starting. Wow.
I smell a hamstring pull coming up.

Ok, Mac and Josh, pick on his ass early and often!

N'Keal Harry was activated and will be available to play.

Maybe he'll be seeking revenge for how Brady treated him as a rookie

Even if Patriots wide receiver N'Keal Harry plays tonight, I doubt he'll be much of a factor since he hasn't done much in his NFL career so far.

N'Keal Harry was activated and will be available to play.

Maybe he'll be seeking revenge for how Brady treated him as a rookie

If that's the case, then Jakobi Meyers should run over to their sideline at some point and punch Brady right in his cleft chin.

There were plenty of rookies or new guys that Brady flipped out at over the years here, but to my mind nobody caught
more grief than Meyers. Granted, he was especially raw and made a lot of mistakes, but he took his public tongue-lashings from
the GOAT and persevered to become a good player. In one particular game, I thought that I'd never seen a player scream at one of his
teammates quite like that. He went up one side of him and down the other and might've kicked him off the field on the spot if he could have.

The camera showed Meyers sitting on the bench after one of those hissy-fits and Jakobi looked like he was near tears.

I mean.......what are you going to say when you're a nobody rookie UDFA and the best player ever screams at you like that? Not a damn
thing you can say, but you can file it away for future use.

I'd stop short of predicting it will happen, but I'd love to see Meyers have a great night.

If that's the case, then Jakobi Meyers should run over to their sideline at some point and punch Brady right in his cleft chin.

There were plenty of rookies or new guys that Brady flipped out at over the years here, but to my mind nobody caught
more grief than Meyers. Granted, he was especially raw and made a lot of mistakes, but he took his public tongue-lashings from
the GOAT and persevered to become a good player. In one particular game, I thought that I'd never seen a player scream at one of his
teammates quite like that. He went up one side of him and down the other and might've kicked him off the field on the spot if he could have.

The camera showed Meyers sitting on the bench after one of those hissy-fits and Jakobi looked like he was near tears.

I mean.......what are you going to say when you're a nobody rookie UDFA and the best player ever screams at you like that? Not a damn

I'd stop short of predicting it will happen, but I'd love to see Meyers have a great night.
Meyer’s said in an interview before he was basically playing scared due to the intimidation of playing with Brady. Jules was the one telling him he had great talent. Tom is just poor at working with these new guys. He has zero patience.

“That’s honestly something Jules would talk to me about when I first got here,” Meyers said. “He would always tell me he saw the talent that I had, he saw that I could make plays, but he would just feel like there were times where he didn’t see the confidence in me to go out there and perform to the best of my ability, which he saw. So here, Year 3, I feel like I’m a lot more confident, I understand the playbook a lot better, I know my teammates a lot better, and I just feel like I can do a lot more to help this team.”

Jules was bigging up Meyers a few weeks back saying he’s proud of him.

“When Jakobi first got (to New England), you saw that he had an ability,” Edelman said. “He had a shiftiness. He was a natural great route-runner, great with the ball in his hands. A lot of what he had to work on was the mental part of the game, the confidence. And to see him right now gaining confidence and becoming the player he is — blocking well, going out there doing the dirty things that you have to do, as guys in that spot have had to do for years in this offense — I’m super proud of him.”
Watching from afar in his new role as an “Inside the NFL” analyst, Edelman is proud of his protégé.

“I’m so happy for him, and I hope he continues to keep on finding his groove,” Edelman said. “That’s what I would always tell him: Don’t do it like me, don’t do it like Wes, don’t do it like Troy. You’re going to learn from things, but put it in your way. He’s certainly doing that, and I continue to look forward to watching him develop, because he’s got a lot more to go.”

Last edited:
I think Edelman would make a great receivers coach. And probably a great HC as well. He's a great communicator, has a competitive fore in him and you can only imagine being a young receiver getting coached by a legend like that. And he would be a tough coach as well, he'd run them ragged and make any player better.

i'm not. it makes me want to 🤮. and if they do ANYTHING when he breaks that stupid yardage record it will piss me off.
i'm watching pregame on nfln right now, and they were showing tb's postgame after he had his halfassed hissy fit of a shitshow performance against tenn in the wc loss in 19. they asked him about his future and he smirked/smiled all smugly when answering some platitude. since that loss disgusted me so much, i didn't look for any postgame on it. so i had never seen that. so much for a competitor who hates to lose...he was "on to cincinnati". what a revolting response...all the way around. there is no justifying it, especially comparing it to his responses to losses at other times. he clearly showed he didn't give a single fuck. 😡 but, i'm patriots fan.

i'm not. it makes me want to 🤮. and if they do ANYTHING when he breaks that stupid yardage record it will piss me off.
i'm watching pregame on nfln right now, and they were showing tb's postgame after he had his halfassed hissy fit of a shitshow performance against tenn in the wc loss in 19. they asked him about his future and he smirked/smiled all smugly when answering some platitude. since that loss disgusted me so much, i didn't look for any postgame on it. so i had never seen that. so much for a competitor who hates to lose...he was "on to cincinnati". what a revolting response...all the way around. there is no justifying it, especially comparing it to his responses to losses at other times. he clearly showed he didn't give a single fuck. 😡 but, i'm patriots fan.
You are certainly entitled to your feelings but Brady helped bring 6 chips and is the greatest player in NFL history. We were blessed to have him for two decades. Tonight to me is more about saying thank you as we never got the chance when he left in FA.

Pats already said they will pause the game when he breaks the record but no ceremony ala Brees. Thank goodness. Brady would not want that anyways.

I get correcting your guys, being demanding, barking here and there etc. all good. but this is gross. part of leadership is being emotionally intelligent and tailoring your communication style to what works best for each person. clearly, tb didn't give a fuck about that. he might have destroyed this kid's confidence had he stayed, denying the pats a nice wr who keeps getting better. i kind of saw him getting more this way as his career went on. one reason i'm glad steve smith never came to the pats. that wouldn't have worked, dressing him down like that.

Back