We're On To The AFC Championship Game MEGA thread

:LOL: The best part about this is that he is such an eager pup that I would believe it if this was said to be an actual text exchange between the two.

gif of Jules after his TD pass. :D I also saw one the other day where it looks like he is doing the arm warm up thing like the kid in the Cam Newton commercial. ROFL It was awesome. I googled but couldn't find it again. :sulk:

YPGp8qR.gif

Too bad Gazelle didn't text that Julian can both throw and catch the f'n' ball :D

I hope BB comes up with creative pressure on luck. Colts Running games don't scare anyone . I hope they use ayres & collins to get after Luck. He was not even touched last week.

Walt Anderson has been announced as the AFC CG ref

Awesome. He reffed the incredible playoff comeback game the Colts had vs. the Chiefs last season. That was the one where the Colts were down 28 pts. in the 3rd quarter, came back and won it. :thumb:

The best thing about that pass was it was from # 11 to # 80 and pre-Brady Patriots fans can appreciate the irony.

Since I almost always post some reason to respect/fear the opponents this week should be no exception.

The Colts have improved more than we have since our last meeting.

They've discovered a serviceable running back who doesn't go down on first contact.

They've worked Nicks and Moncrief into the WR rotation.

They've got Dwayne Allen back at TE to pair with Fleener. Note that Fleener gave us fits last time, but Allen is a better player. Both of them should be targeted frequently if Luck is reluctant to test our corners and either is a poor matchup for Chung.

Their Oline protected great last week and is coming along.

They've got Arthur Jones back and he played a hell of lot better last week than his little brother.

They have Cribbs running back kicks.

The biggest difference to me is Luck's steady development-- meaning he still makes the occasional bad read, but in every game he does something that scares the hell out of me. That hardly anybody can do. The best of the best can do. One of these days he's going to play great against us for 60 minutes and nobody should be overly sure he doesn't choose this weekend to start.

Do I respect the Colts even after we've dope-slapped them regularly to this point?

You're damn right I do.

Interesting game planning by Andy Benoit who says the Pats should blitz Luck throughout the game with Hightower and Collins.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/14/nfl-a...awks-indianapolis-colts-new-england-patriots/

The Patriots, whose four-man pass rush is ineffective, should bring linebackers Jamie Collins and Dont’a Hightower on A-gap blitzes throughout the game. That might leave them susceptible to the check-downs that Luck has been so great at utilizing in these playoffs. If you’re the Patriots defense who would you rather make beat you: Andrew Luck or Dan Herron?
Darrelle Revis shadowed Reggie Wayne in iso-man-coverage last time these teams met. That allowed the Pats to double T.Y. Hilton with Kyle Arrington and a safety. The guess here is this time around, Revis will take Hilton. Arrington, battling a hamstring, has not seen as much action lately and Hilton has become more important to Indy’s offense—in part because the 36-year-old Wayne has become much less of a threat late in the season.
Belichick would be wise to go all-in with Revis and use his safeties as help defenders against the rest of Indy’s receivers. How those ancillary matchups play out will determine the winner on this side of the ball.

Since I almost always post some reason to respect/fear the opponents this week should be no exception. The Colts have improved more than we have since our last meeting. They've discovered a serviceable running back who doesn't go down on first contact. They've worked Nicks and Moncrief into the WR rotation. They've got Dwayne Allen back at TE to pair with Fleener. Note that Fleener gave us fits last time, but Allen is a better player. Both of them should be targeted frequently if Luck is reluctant to test our corners and either is a poor matchup for Chung. Their Oline protected great last week and is coming along. They've got Arthur Jones back and he played a hell of lot better last week than his little brother. They have Cribbs running back kicks. The biggest difference to me is Luck's steady development-- meaning he still makes the occasional bad read, but in every game he does something that scares the hell out of me. That hardly anybody can do. The best of the best can do. One of these days he's going to play great against us for 60 minutes and nobody should be overly sure he doesn't choose this weekend to start. Do I respect the Colts even after we've dope-slapped them regularly to this point? You're damn right I do.
All of this.

They HAVE improved. I do not think that this will be the cakewalk that some media morons (Felger and Mazz) think it will.

Since I almost always post some reason to respect/fear the opponents this week should be no exception.

The Colts have improved more than we have since our last meeting.

They've discovered a serviceable running back who doesn't go down on first contact.

They've worked Nicks and Moncrief into the WR rotation.

They've got Dwayne Allen back at TE to pair with Fleener. Note that Fleener gave us fits last time, but Allen is a better player. Both of them should be targeted frequently if Luck is reluctant to test our corners and either is a poor matchup for Chung.

Their Oline protected great last week and is coming along.

They've got Arthur Jones back and he played a hell of lot better last week than his little brother.

They have Cribbs running back kicks.

The biggest difference to me is Luck's steady development-- meaning he still makes the occasional bad read, but in every game he does something that scares the hell out of me. That hardly anybody can do. The best of the best can do. One of these days he's going to play great against us for 60 minutes and nobody should be overly sure he doesn't choose this weekend to start.

Do I respect the Colts even after we've dope-slapped them regularly to this point?

You're damn right I do.
The only person on the Colts who scares me is Luck (and quite a bit, I might add). He's like Brady in doing the most with the least. If they get him the receivers that Manning routinely had throughout his career, no one will want to play this team.

I really like our chances this weekend, though.

They may have improved, but they also got whacked by a ton in Dallas a few weeks ago. They aren't as good as Baltimore and I do not expect a close game this week like last Saturday.

I do not think that this will be the cakewalk that some media morons (Felger and Mazz) think it will.

Feger and Maz are likely being totally disengenuous. There current position is a kind of ******** I suspect.

If the Pats either lose or struggle, they'll be perfectly positioned to rip Brady. Bellichick, Kraft and all the gang all to threads from now until camp. Hate them. Sometimes, just can't not listen.

Cheers

Just wanted to say Ravens got beat fair and square last week and the better team won. Good luck next week. :party:

Thanks for the classy post. That was a great game, and it wasn't over until the last play.

:toast:

Back