What A Great Owner Robert Kraft Turned Out To Be

Since when has it been a good thing for an employee to skip over the boss and head straight to the owner repeatedly to get his way?
Kraft's mistake was not putting a stop to it the very first time it happened.

Since when has it been a good thing for an employee to skip over the boss and head straight to the owner repeatedly to get his way?
Kraft's mistake was not putting a stop to it the very first time it happened.
agreed.
it was definitely positioned as a negative when bledsoe did it.

He again came up trumps for the NFL in the recent broadcast deal. He was the guy who got the deal done with Amazon.

Shortly after Kraft bought into the NFL in 1994, commissioner Paul Tagliabue put him on the Broadcast Committee. He has also served on the Management Council Executive Committee and the league’s Finance Committee, and in 2011, during a contentious negotiation for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, Kraft dealt with the death of his wife Myra while being a major part of the CBA talks. When talks culminated in a new deal, players negotiator Jeff Saturday said of Kraft: “Without him, this deal does not get done. He is a man who helped save football.” And last week, similarly, commissioner Roger Goodell credited Kraft for his work in a new and different area of media—streaming. The negotiations for the combo TV/cable/streaming package that finally got done last week began last June, and Kraft spent more time on this project than on any of his previous NFL labor or TV ventures. “TV, and meda, is an ever-changing world,” he said.

With everything he's done for the league, I can imagine it especially stung when they all turned on him and the Patriots over DG. He tried to do what he believed was the right thing in not creating a stink but saw how that backfired and didn't work. All credit to him for not being petty and telling the NFL to go f**k off with future negotiations. Clearly, Kraft and family and the team benefits from any new deal of course, but he didn't have to be the one putting in the yard hards.

Meddling with the JimmyG trade.
Not supporting TB more in deflategate--> standing up to Goodell and the other owners.
Acting as a go-between for BB and Brady.
He's a schmuck at times, yes. Putin stole his ring...and Babooshka never demanded it back. He tries hard at being relevant with his cheesy sneakers.

He did hire the GOAT though...his greatest accomplishment in his life, other than marrying into his wife's cardboard empire.

agreed.
it was definitely positioned as a negative when bledsoe did it.
Back then Krafty Bob had a notoriously well known flight of back stairs to his office. A serious error from which he appears to have learned.

Cheers

In an interview with Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, Patriots owner Robert Kraft was vocal about his appreciation for Brady and happy to see the 21-year veteran finding success in Tampa Bay.

“Well, I was really happy for him,” Kraft said. “He’s a great guy and he gave us 20 wonderful years, and he made the choice to do what he wanted to do. Look, I wasn’t that happy to see him leave, but we gave him that opportunity to do it. And I want to say if we’re not going to win, and someone’s got to do it, I’m happy for him. He deserves it.”

What was BB wrong about?

Not wanting TB12's business partner to have an office in Gillette?
Not wanting TB12's business partner to give Patriots players contradicting advice on working out?

What was it exactly that BB was wrong about that made it ok for TB12 to go running to Kraft crying boohoo?

That's your opinion.
BB cared about the "other crap". Contradicting the trainers is a big deal. TB12 acted like an entitled child to get his guy an office in Gillette. Sometimes TB12 is wrong too.

Who said anything about to last line?

Jesus Christ, I shouldn’t have read your post after putting you on ignore.
No reason to read such garbage.

Literally no one said that winning post Patriots was a bad thing for Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has BK been perfect in some things he's either done or not done as an owner - no.
But as a very long time Patriots fan I am grateful for the day that he took over the Patriots organization.
Perhaps people forget that the NE Patriots were the laughing stock, not only of the NFL, but all of sports.

Back