What about trading Mayo to San Fran?

Grumpy_Bottom

Try our thick, creamy milkshakes
Reaction score
Seems like we could get great value for him and unload the bulk of his contract, no? Desperate teams, desperate measures. Would we, in this case, need to wait for him to pass his physical?

What could you get for Mayo on a trade?
Posted via Mobile Device
From a team whose starting middle linebackers just retired for a guy under contract for a couple more years, I'd think at least a 3rd & 4th, maybe a 2nd by itself.

From a team whose starting middle linebackers just retired for a guy under contract for a couple more years, I'd think at least a 3rd & 4th, maybe a 2nd by itself.

I'll burn my week of carryover vacation, rent a UHaul , put him in back with his traction bed, and drive him to CA for a 2nd.

BB, make that trade NOW!

I like Mayo, but, he is always injured it seems...and his best days are behind him. Probably a great leader...
Posted via Mobile Device

Make that trade yesterday.

By the way, there's no chance in hell a team trades a 2nd round pick for Jerod Mayo. You'd be lucky to get anything above a 4th.

I'll burn my week of carryover vacation, rent a UHaul , put him in back with his traction bed, and drive him to CA for a 2nd.
To me, all depends on whether Bowman's knee will ever be right again, but they have to be pretty desperate for a legit MLB

To me, all depends on whether Bowman's knee will ever be right again, but they have to be pretty desperate for a legit MLB

So they risk it and draft 3 of them. Why would you trade for a 31-year-old, 2-down LB with a $10m cap hit coming off a blown out knee?

It would have made sense . If we kept Cassilas & aryes. Both are gone so there way . Mayo not going anywhere. I do hope he still restructures his contract.

It would have made sense . If we kept Cassilas & aryes. Both are gone so there way . Mayo not going anywhere. I do hope he still restructures his contract.

It wouldn't have made sense even if we had resigned those guys.

Mayo would be a big dead money cap hit, we would save practically nothing, we don't need the cap space to sign anyone, we'd get very minimal compensation in return, and we'd just overall be better holding on to him and hoping he returns to form.

It wouldn't have made sense even if we had resigned those guys.

Mayo would be a big dead money cap hit, we would save practically nothing, we don't need the cap space to sign anyone, we'd get very minimal compensation in return, and we'd just overall be better holding on to him and hoping he returns to form.

His dead money is 6 mill. I said make sense. Not that there do it. Right now we have no depht behind Mayo. That's not even a possibility anymore

His dead money is 6 mill. I said make sense. Not that there do it. Right now we have no depht behind Mayo. That's not even a possibility anymore

You don't dpend $10 mil on depth.

You just don't.

You cut the minute he's healthy. Take the $5.6 mil cap hit, and fill it with a young hungry 2 down run stuffer in the 4th for about $425K per.

And still gain about $4 mil in cap space.

If his name was Dip Schitz nobody would care. It's just that its Mayo, they love him, great guy, want him as your neighbor.

But he just doesn't make sense now.

Back