What are you "too cheap"to buy?

I'm too cheap to buy new yard equipment such as lawn mowers and snowthrowers every couple of years, so my answer is to buy
non-ethanol gas, which cost about 20 bucks a gallon. This is my insurance policy to spend money to save more money down the road. it's
not the only answer to the problem, but I'm sold.

For those that don't know, ethanol in gasoline is tough on small engines because it will clog up your lines and jets. Others may
have their own methods, I tried a lot of them, but all I know is that all my small machines work way better, winterize way better and always start
quickly. Worth it.
I have an almost new (6 hours) 22 HP Husquarvana lawn tractor with a 10 CuYd trailer. $3200 last August at Lowes. I pay a guy to do everything and I'll give it to you for $2000. It should last you at least 12-15 years. We can figure out how to get it from Palm Coast, Fl. to your house if you're interested.

I have an almost new (6 hours) 22 HP Husquarvana lawn tractor with a 10 CuYd trailer. $3200 last August at Lowes. I pay a guy to do everything and I'll give it to you for $2000. It should last you at least 12-15 years. We can figure out how to get it from Palm Coast, Fl. to your house if you're interested.

Great. Now we have a swap meet breaking out. ;)

I have been talking about maybe getting a tractor, but for now I'm hard-headed enough to want to push a mower just for the exercise. And so I don't have to spend
a couple of grand on a tractor. I think I have a few years left before I go big, but thanks. That does sound like a hell of a deal.

I'm with ya Ken. I don't like doing anything around the house, much better things I'd rather be doing, so I make sure I'm in a position to pay someone else to do it.

NFL Sunday Ticket. I've had since forever it seems but I'm out now. Not so much as too cheap as just general principle.

Never felt like I needed Sunday ticket so I never looked into it. I get all the free football I can stand to watch from Thursday night, a full afternoon and night on Sunday and then Monday night. Yes, I'm lucky to be in Patriots land and get to see every game they play for free. I'd have Sunday Ticket more than likely if I lived in enemy territory so I understand why others buy it.

Last edited:
Yeah.

Bought a 96 Caddy Eldorado in 98 for 19 grand, over half the orignal sticker price. Awesome car. Had low credit at the time and got a great loan at almost 20%. What a deal. 😂 Not to mention the wife, a finance wiz was not happy with either the loan or the car considering I went out to buy a new work truck and came home with a useless, stupid, flashy, bourgeois Cadillac. Ooff!!!

That 1 and only marriage lasted a year and a half. Weird, I know. 😂

Bought everything except a home and work van that was 0% interest in cash after that.

So in other words you were young once. ;)

FuQ8yXEWAAARtEm

I don't like spending money on myself. My wife can spend whatever she wants on herself or my daughter. But when she buys something for me, the first thing I say: Was it on sale and how much of a discount.

Not being cheap, but I do not like buying coffee in the chain places like Starbucks etc anymore. It's overpriced muck, theres too much of it and the amount if different creams, milks, flavourings is ridiculous.

I have a great DeLonghi at home and with my Illy beans, it makes coffee just the way I like it, in a proper sized cup.

Not kidding, McDonalds has better coffee than Starbucks, Coffee Bean etc

Not being cheap, but I do not like buying coffee in the chain places like Starbucks etc anymore. It's overpriced muck, theres too much of it and the amount if different creams, milks, flavourings is ridiculous.

I have a great DeLonghi at home and with my Illy beans, it makes coffee just the way I like it, in a proper sized cup.

Not kidding, McDonalds has better coffee than Starbucks, Coffee Bean etc
Ireland and portion control. SMH. I went to dinner in Co. Kerry and ordered a pizza. I ended up eating the whole thing and getting something else to eat before a dessert. People were staring at me.

Also, the pizza had corn on it, which was better than I would have expected.

Anything I can make or do by myself lol.

~Dee~

Never felt like I needed Sunday ticket so I never looked into it. I get all the free football I can stand to watch from Thursday night, a full afternoon and night on Sunday and then Monday night. Yes, I'm lucky to be in Patriots land and get to see every game they play for free. I'd have Sunday Ticket more than likely if I lived in enemy territory so I understand why others buy it.
My brother has YouTube TV in Chatanooga. He installed his on my TV in Palm Coast, FL. I gave him $125 cash and he ordered Sunday Ticket. Florida ain't Patriots land. I get to see all of their games and it automatically DVRs everyone into a Patriots File he created.

He's a Packers fan. His wife was the Packers team travel manager for twelve years. You wouldn't believe the horror shows that teams go through especially for away playoff games. She chartered planes, hotels, buses, restaurants and everything else. She has a 1997 Super Bowl Ring when they beat Parcells and the Patriots. They also had seats in the Owner's box. Great perks.

Anyway. If you live outside the market, Sunday Ticket is the only way to go.

Back