What Is The Last Movie You Saw

I just watched Dumb Money on Netflix. It about the GameStop stock fiasco several years ago.
I started watching it thinking that I would probably stop it and never watch the rest. To my surprise, I enjoyed it very much.

Watched a movie last night that I did not even know existed, "Dragged Across Concrete" from 2018. Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn are are cops who are suspended for excessive violence and consider crossing a line they'd never envisioned before.

I liked it and would recommend it but at 2 hours and 40 minutes, it was a larger commitment than I realized I was signing up for.

saw it last year (Netflix) and liked it also -- very unexpectedly good stuff (y)

Watched "Emily the Criminal" with Aubrey Plaza. Because of who the main character is, I expected it to have more comedic undertones, but nope. Straight crime drama about a debt-ridden woman who gets involved in a credit card scam. Solid intensity throughout the film. Give it maybe a 6 out of 10. It's got kind of a poor man's "Uncut Gems" vibe.

Last two films I watched:

Oppenheimer - Overall, it's among the best movies I've ever seen that I will never re-watch a second time. There is only one scene in the film that I felt was completely unnecessary (I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it yet) but overall, this movie is an A.

Poor Things - Holy hell, this film is BONKERS. It has a kind of Terry Gilliam/Tim Burton-ish vibe (which is a style I enjoy) and the acting was incredible. I didn't realize the Oscars were the following week and once I saw Emma Stone was nominated, I had no doubt that she would win Best Actress (and she did). The film is very funny but the plot really takes shape toward the final quarter of the film and I was surprised that my wife had a slightly different take on it than I did (I won't spoil). At the end of the day, I think this is one you'll either love or you'll hate but even if you come out hating it, the total number of laughs make it worth the investment of a watch. Oh, and there's nudity. There is lots and lots AND LOTS or nudity.

Last two films I watched:

Oppenheimer - Overall, it's among the best movies I've ever seen that I will never re-watch a second time. There is only one scene in the film that I felt was completely unnecessary (I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it yet) but overall, this movie is an A.

Poor Things - Holy hell, this film is BONKERS. It has a kind of Terry Gilliam/Tim Burton-ish vibe (which is a style I enjoy) and the acting was incredible. I didn't realize the Oscars were the following week and once I saw Emma Stone was nominated, I had no doubt that she would win Best Actress (and she did). The film is very funny but the plot really takes shape toward the final quarter of the film and I was surprised that my wife had a slightly different take on it than I did (I won't spoil). At the end of the day, I think this is one you'll either love or you'll hate but even if you come out hating it, the total number of laughs make it worth the investment of a watch. Oh, and there's nudity. There is lots and lots AND LOTS or nudity.
Poor Things looks interesting

I went and saw The Beekeeper a few weeks ago with a couple friends who oddly enough, are beekeepers. It stars Jason Statham so you can about guess what the movie was like. It was entertaining enough though if you enjoy a good body count in a movie. 😂

I went and saw The Beekeeper a few weeks ago with a couple friends who oddly enough, are beekeepers. It stars Jason Statham so you can about guess what the movie was like. It was entertaining enough though if you enjoy a good body count in a movie. 😂
Do you get honey from them? That sounds weird, but…🤣

Watched Damsel on Netflix. My 27 year old daughter recommended.

I didn't fall asleep. But I didn't love it either.

If you are a fan of dragons and evil monarchies, then you might like this.

Been stuck home pretty much and have been watching my library on VUDU. I own 169 full length movies.
Can't believe how old some of them are.

Anyway.....................Watched an older Kevin Costner movie The Criminal. I enjoyed it for the fifth or sixth time as much as I did the first
Then came Dracula Untold. Then I watched a Netflix 8 episode series The Gentlemen. I enjoyed it, jumped the shark just a bit near the end.
Now I'm watching another series, Longmire.

Hopefully, some good new movies come out this week. I'll be doing the bachelor thing for a week while my wife drives with her sister up to Scarborough, Maine and flies back the following week. Then I'll be doing it all over again in April while she, her two sisters and my oldest daughter take a family trip ti Spittle, Ireland. I pray that more good movies are released the last week of April.

Been stuck home pretty much and have been watching my library on VUDU. I own 169 full length movies.

Anyway.....................Watched an older Kevin Costner movie The Criminal. I enjoyed it for the fifth or sixth time as much as I did the first
Then came Dracula Untold. Then I watched a Netflix 8 episode series The Gentlemen. I enjoyed it, jumped the shark just a bit near the end.

Hopefully, some good new movies come out this week. I'll be doing the bachelor thing for a week while my wife drives with her sister up to Scarborough, Maine and flies back the following week. Then I'll be doing it all over again in April while she, her two sisters and my oldest daughter take a family trip ti Spittle, Ireland. I pray that more good movies are released the last week of April.
We watched Longmire and really enjoyed it, we'd watch 2-3 episodes a night and it went by way too quickly.

I didn't know Criminal even existed until I cam across it. Watched only a few minutes but it looks solid and I added it to my list. Dracula Untold is a solid action flick. It's not Francis Ford Coppola and I don't want it to be. I've watched it multiple times and will do so again.

We watched the 3rd installment of Kenneth Branagh's Agatha Christie films, A Haunting in Venice, and I came away disappointed. I really enjoyed his version of Murder on the Orient Express, as well as Death on the Nile (both had terrific ensemble casts), but this one was a dud for me. Bummer because I'd intended to see it in the theater due to it's spooky undertone (glad I didn't now).

For fans of the movie Beetlejuice you'll be happy to hear that there will be a sequel coming out in Sept called Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, I'm stoked to see it as I really liked the first one.

Back