What Movies Have You Recently Watched?

Me and Lori's first date was to the movie, "ACWO". She was appalled by the violence. Walked out and sat on the floor in the lobby and wouldn't let me leave with her :rofl: So I had to watch it. Loved it. :coffee:

cheers
Nah... she probably just snuck into another theater to watch the end of the SECOND-most poular film from 1971. :coffee:

Me and Lori's first date was to the movie, "ACWO". She was appalled by the violence. Walked out and sat on the floor in the lobby and wouldn't let me leave with her :rofl: So I had to watch it. Loved it. :coffee:

cheers

What a a choice for a first date. I usually save that one for the third which these days seems to be sex date. Lmao

Did you have your eyes pried open like the young man. Lol

What a a choice for a first date. I usually save that one for the third which these days seems to be sex date. Lmao

Did you have your eyes pried open like the young man. Lol
Is it weird that most of my first dates are hookups? I have had a few relationships that they made me wait way until numerous dates in too. They were mostly when I was younger though.

Is it weird that most of my first dates are hookups? I have had a few relationships that they made me wait way until numerous dates in too. They were mostly when I was younger though.

No, not so weird these days. I just tend to fly even slower than 3 dates.

Hell, I've waited 30 years for one of my absolute loves that may finally be mine. 🥰

Just finished watching “Five Came Back” on Netflix

it’s the story of Frank Capra, John Houston, John Ford, et al, in WWII.

amazing documentary.

not necessarily a movie, but this seemed as good a place as any to post it.

Just watched "A Most Violent Year".

Don't let the name fool ya it is full of radiant light and brilliance that is reserved for humanity alone.

Whatever you do, under no circumstance should you even consider paying with your own money to see the absolute piece of shit that is "Morbius." It is a 1 hour and 45 minute waste of time.

Just watched All the Old Knives; it's one of those movies that suffers from obvious twistitis, and characters acting illogically just to drive the plot, but receives a reluctant thumbs-up for solid performances and at least not being a superhero movie (wife drags me to them on the regular).

Did you go to a Red Lobster before the movie?
A classic.
How about another old classic... "Did she smell like a Cheeseburger" ? :)
(hope I am remembering that one correct..... believe that is a real oldie)

Re-watched the brilliant and underrated Joe vs The Volcano last night, showed a cluster of the Little Wanderers. Most people hate it - I see art. The ratings on IMDB are almost all 8/9/10 and 1/2/3. Very few in the middle.

Re-watched the brilliant and underrated Joe vs The Volcano last night
Such an underrated film. Watched it with my teenage boys this past year and it still holds up.

Another recent re-watch for me was "Glengarry Glen Ross."

I just re-watched Debbie does Dallas and I’m starting to like the 80s beaver again. I was so used to bald beaver taking over in the 90s and beyond, however it’s nice to go retro once in a while and enjoy watching the fur coat getting coated. It’s almost like a new layer of underwear underneath an actual pair of underwear. It leaves a little bit for your imagination.

Everything Everywhere All at Once

I don't want to overhype this because I know having expectations too high can kill the experience. I'll just say it has it all, action, drama, comedy, sci-fi, fantasy, romance, and I'm probably leaving something out. I don't even want to say what it's about, I knew nothing about it going in which I think made the ride even more enjoyable.

Everything Everywhere All at Once

I don't want to overhype this because I know having expectations too high can kill the experience. I'll just say it has it all, action, drama, comedy, sci-fi, fantasy, romance, and I'm probably leaving something out. I don't even want to say what it's about, I knew nothing about it going in which I think made the ride even more enjoyable.
I watched this yesterday as well and it was excellent.

The Batman, Thumbs down, a disappointing and surprisingly boring film with surprisingly little understanding of what makes the character interesting to begin with.

The Batman, Thumbs down, a disappointing and surprisingly boring film with surprisingly little understanding of what makes the character interesting to begin with.
Generally I agree - I'll take my superhero films as superhero films, and my noir films as noir films, thanks. However, I'll take the side effect of Nirvana suddenly being popular with Gen Z. Here's hoping it spreads to other solid music.

Back