What Movies Have You Recently Watched?

Me and Lori's first date was to the movie, "ACWO". She was appalled by the violence. Walked out and sat on the floor in the lobby and wouldn't let me leave with her :rofl: So I had to watch it. Loved it. :coffee:

cheers
Our first date damn we’re dating ourselves was Star Wars ... and I still am not a movie fan.

~Dee~

i love myself, I think I'm grand.
I go to the movies and hold my hand.
I put my arm around my waist,
And when I'm fresh, I slap my face.
I guess your wife and I would be besties and you and that other guy would be great friends lol

~Dee~

Just finished Buckaroo Banzai. What a cast, and what a hoot. So much fun to hear so many nonsense science-y sounding words to resemble a plot.
John Lithgow, Jeff Goldblum, Clancy Brown, Christopher Lloyd, Ellen Barkin, and All-Time Oh-THAT-Guy Vincent Schiavelli

Just finished Buckaroo Banzai. What a cast, and what a hoot. So much fun to hear so many nonsense science-y sounding words to resemble a plot.
John Lithgow, Jeff Goldblum, Clancy Brown, Christopher Lloyd, Ellen Barkin, and All-Time Oh-THAT-Guy Vincent Schiavelli

That movie is the bomb. So many quotable lines.

One of the few movies where Clancy Brown plays a good guy IIRC.

Saw Thor: Love and Thunder this weekend.

It is a solid summer blockbuster and I enjoyed it. I'd give it around a 4 out of 5. I didn't particularly care for either of the first two Thor films, but I thought Thor Ragnarok was an absolute homerun. So long as you're not expecting it to live up to Ragnarok (which would probably be unfair), I think you'll be pleased.

Wife and I went and saw Top Gun II last week and I thought it was actually pretty good. I also thought it was pretty cool of TC to open the movie to show his appreciation to the fans of Top Gun.

Wife and I went and saw Top Gun II last week and I thought it was actually pretty good. I also thought it was pretty cool of TC to open the movie to show his appreciation to the fans of Top Gun.

My wife and I loved it as well. I had to get talked into going, because I have no use for Cruise, but that is a fun movie. The last half-hour or so is pure adrenaline.

At the behest of one of my friends I just watched Deadpool this morning.

I don't love most Superhero movies. Deadpool was all around fun and wonderful.

At the behest of one of my friends I just watched Deadpool this morning.

I don't love most Superhero movies. Deadpool was all around fun and wonderful.
I attribute that to Ryan Reynolds, he makes that character shine.

I'm going to plug The Gray Man, which is a new release on Netflix.

It's based on a legendary character in the world of international espionage, ex-CIA mercenary Court Gentry, from an excellent series of books by Mark Greaney. I've read several of them and was impressed. Ryan Gosling was very solid in the title role, which requires him to be both a prolific killing machine with no friends or family and yet still be a fine, young man with a big heart. The level of violence and the body count is way up there, and is ridiculous, but the European sets and the action look very good and I found it to be satisfying entertainment with tons of explosions, wrecked buildings and vehicles.

Purists might gripe because of the director's changes or eliminations from the novel, but If you like the spy/action genres you may enjoy it. I just learned that NF has
confirmed that it's now a franchise and a sequel and spin-off have been planned.

It's based on a legendary character in the world of international espionage, ex-CIA mercenary Court Gentry, from an excellent series of books by Mark Greaney. I've read several of them and was impressed. Ryan Gosling was very solid in the title role, which requires him to be both a prolific killing machine with no friends or family and yet still be a fine, young man with a big heart. The level of violence and the body count is way up there, and is ridiculous, but the European sets and the action look very good and I found it to be satisfying entertainment with tons of explosions, wrecked buildings and vehicles.

Purists might gripe because of the director's changes or eliminations from the novel, but If you like the spy/action genres you may enjoy it. I just learned that NF has
confirmed that it's now a franchise and a sequel and spin-off have been planned.
Lived up to every lofty expectation I had for it and then some. Just outstanding.

Nobody does the silent/brooding roles better than Ryan Gosling except maybe Tom Hardy. And damn Gosling must have done some steroids for that role, he was jacked!

Back