What now for the Celtics...

imapig

Conspiracy theorist.
Reaction score
Looks like Pierce maybe gone and probably Ray allen so this should free up Mega dollars....Can someone tell me why Lebron James doesn't sign here? If I were the owner of the Celtics I would have one hella contract offer and salespitch ready for him and I would also go after Bosch. We need more length and a new sharp shooter...

545_mushroom-cloud-hb.jpg

why would LeBron come here?

to play with an offensively challenged point guard in Rondo, an offensively challenged Center who is hurt in Perk and an Aging KG who is not longer the big ticket but more like a Bus Pass on defense

Rondo is coming along quite nicely. Dropped a 3 very late last night, when nobody else was doing anything. Reports are Garnet will be better another off-season passed surgery(and anyone who's had their knee worked on would agree with this). There's still a decent core in place to lure LeBron or Bosch.

It's not the Knicks.

Rondo is coming along quite nicely. Dropped a 3 very late last night, when nobody else was doing anything. Reports are Garnet will be better another off-season passed surgery(and anyone who's had their knee worked on would agree with this). There's still a decent core in place to lure LeBron or Bosch.

It's not the Knicks.
that three was a prayer, it was the previous 12 minutes of deer in the headlights Offense that hurt the Celtics forcing him to take that shot

I will say if Rondo thinks and doesn't just flow into a shot, he misses

classic overthinker

that three was a prayer, it was the previous 12 minutes of deer in the headlights Offense that hurt the Celtics forcing him to take that shot

I will say if Rondo thinks and doesn't just flow into a shot, he misses

classic overthinker

Maybe.

But at this point I'd say PG is the least of their worries and LeBron/Bosch/FA of choice would be enthused of playing with him and him delivering the ball.

Not to mention the allure of playing with KG.

Rondo had how many triple doubles in these playoffs?
5 in his playoff career not sure of this season but he had one in game 2

but that isn't it, his free throws were 5 for 19 for 0.26% and that means he wasn't driving the lane forcing the lakers bigs to foul him and get into the troulble the Celtics bigs were because 2 1/2 free throws a game doesn't cut it for a non-jumpshooting PG.

He needs to work on both Free throws and developing a consistant 15-17' jumper

5 in his playoff career not sure of this season but he had one in game 2

but that isn't it, his free throws were 5 for 19 for 0.26% and that means he wasn't driving the lane forcing the lakers bigs to foul him and get into the troulble the Celtics bigs were because 2 1/2 free throws a game doesn't cut it for a non-jumpshooting PG.

He needs to work on both Free throws and developing a consistant 15-17' jumper

I agree that he needs to work on it. But he's been phenomenal through most of the series and he's not that old. I don't think Rondo would be a deterrent to anyone wanting to play for the C's.

2010 Playoffs Statistics

<dl id="prastats"><dt>PPG</dt><dd>15.8 </dd><dt>RPG</dt><dd>5.60 </dd><dt>APG</dt><dd>9.3 </dd><dt class="pralast">EFF</dt><dd class="pralast">+ 20.50 </dd></dl>

Bring LeBron and D-Wade in on one year "ring chaser" deals.

Rondo has impressed the hell out of me. I thought he was absolute garbage until this year. I love how hard that dude plays. I don't know if he looks better than he is because of the attention teams have to pay to KG, PP, and RA though...

While I think the C's could bring back a fairly close roster to this year's, and even potentially compete, I think an attempt to do so would be highly detrimental to the long-term future of the franchise. They've got some young pieces to build around (Rondo, Perk).

My heart certainly doesn't want it but my brain is 100% convinced that the best thing for the long-term future of the Boston Celtics would be if Paul Pierce opted out. They could run out the end of the KG era as a possible bubble playoff team. If they're worse than that, so what? They get a good pick. If they're that good or better, they've got a boat load of dough to through at a potential impact FA and could be close to contending again quickly.

3 years, 2 NBA Finals, and 1 banner is a pretty good result from that trade. I don't want to gamble anymore on the future for a very long long shot in 2010-11. It was a good run. Let's enjoy our t-shirts and get back to this point as soon as possible.

Ok Rondo needs to work on his jumper and FT's, but, he is a phenom. Steals, rebounds, assists. He is as good at that as anyone in the league. I cannot really fault rondo for missed shots, when Our "best" shooter is clanking everything in Allan.

Looks like Pierce maybe gone and probably Ray allen so this should free up Mega dollars....Can someone tell me why Lebron James doesn't sign here? If I were the owner of the Celtics I would have one hella contract offer and salespitch ready for him and I would also go after Bosch. We need more length and a new sharp shooter...

Beacuse he is staying in Cleveland.

Beacuse he is staying in Cleveland.
Fvck Cleveland... Heres my thinking if Lebron wins multiple championships he will be a God and will be forever remembered in the GREAT History of the Celtics... If he somehow manages to win ONE in Cleveland he will be remembered as Lebron James who spent his whole career in the Armpit of America... Oh the choices...:coffee:

Celts can't afford Lebron and D-Wade, even if Pierce opted out.

What's Nate Robinson's deal look like? Not a bad kid to have around as the backup.

Back