Which playoff teams from 2016 will NOT make it back to post-season in 2017

I have them at 8-8 and 9-7 respectively. :shrug:

Philly - new coaches and new schemes could be worrisome.
Atl - Mattie Ryan's inconsistency is worrisome.

They could surprise me. We'll see.

They had ZERO offense last year and look to have even less this year. They lost 2 starters to FA and lost Vance Walker for the season to a knee injury.

History is not kind to teams that win strictly by virtue of defense. I'm seeing the Donkeys defense being good enough to carry them to 8-8, which won't be enough.
The offense will remain a question, I can't argue that. But they lost 2 of their least important defensive starters and Vance Walker was a back up last season, so hardly a critical component.

History isn't kind or unkind to teams that win primarily on defense. There are not many teams that are built around defense, and there aren't many teams that repeat as champions. One isn't because of the other. The 86 Bears lost in the divisional round after losing their starting QB late in the season and the 01 Ravens also lost in the divisional round after losing their starting RB who fueled their ball control offense. Both teams were 2 wins short of repeating, like so many other defending champions who were built around offense. If the Broncos don't repeat it will be because most teams don't, not because "history wasn't kind".

I thought Ryan Kerrigan and JJ Watt would be the best defensive players from that draft. I thought RK would be borderline great. Definitely fell short but hes a very good player. I thought Watt would be the 2nd best right behind him but not as good.

I really like Breeland as well. He can play. They definitely have the most complete team. Really wish the Pats drafted Jones. Thought he was a great fit here.

Realized after I posted this that I had forgotten all about Breeland. The 'Skins secondary could easily be one of the best in the league.

The problem Kerrigan had early on was Orakpo was the key. Kerrigan outplayed him significantly.

Oakland is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Good chance to win the division imo.
Jax will be good, too.
But Philly and Atl, I don't see it.

Not sure how you can say that. Most voices I hear say they will win the West.

Good points on the Skins. They are the best team out of the mediocrity that is the East. But if Romo plays and is healthy, a big IF, then the Cowboys take the East. I don't think the Redskins will be good enough to steal a WC.

oops...

What ever happened to Brandon Cox, Jeff Tuel and Bret Meyer

Rich Hribar ‏<s>@</s>LordReebs <small class="time"> 4m4 minutes ago </small> Not that it's a tell all, but Siemian's collegiate portfolio is one of the most grotesque things I've ever looked at

CrCXoHeVYAUjUG1.jpg

Realized after I posted this that I had forgotten all about Breeland. The 'Skins secondary could easily be one of the best in the league.

The problem Kerrigan had early on was Orakpo was the key. Kerrigan outplayed him significantly.

Im worries about Norman tbh. I like Breeland a lot. Him and Slay had very good under the radar years in 15 for corners. They have Toler and Kendall Fuller as depth. Hall at FS.

I think they are the favorite in the east right now. The Giants seemingly made moves that made sense but have looked awful. Phila has looked good in the p/s but Bradford could tear an ACL during warm ups.

Im worries about Norman tbh. I like Breeland a lot. Him and Slay had very good under the radar years in 15 for corners. They have Toler and Kendall Fuller as depth. Hall at FS.

I think they are the favorite in the east right now. The Giants seemingly made moves that made sense but have looked awful. Phila has looked good in the p/s but Bradford could tear an ACL during warm ups.

My only issue with Norman is that he's like Sherman in the regard that he's a zone guy. You can't move him around the field like you could do with Revis when he could still play. Granted, he takes away half the field...but I prefer guys that can play on either side and can be used in multiple matchups and looks.

Back