Who is your favorite "grunge" band?

Who is your favorite grunge band?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WisColtFan7

Oh, you didn't know?
Reaction score
The underrated band thread got me to thinking about some of my favorite grunge bands, and if any were actually underrated. Which led me to this question for you all: Who (if any) were some of your favorite bands from the grunge era. I have mine of course, and that's Alice in Chains. Originally they had that distinctive Seattle sound, but you could tell how much they grew both in their songwriting ability and their sound. I also was a big Soundgarden fan as well.

So what say you, 90's music enthusiasts? And BTW, this year marks the 20th Anniversary of "Nevermind", the album that really launched the grunge era.

Hole.

I know. :shrug:

I can't justify it compared to Nirvana's body of work or AIC's impressive stuff, but I just like Hole.

Nirvana was the one that really got me into that kind of music so I gotta go with them.

Nirvana. Loved 'em. I was a young teenager when Nevermind came out, and I distinctly remember riding in the car and listening to the album when going to Babe Ruth practice.

Kurt Cobain

This is a good coffee table book. it's all the scraps he wrote songs, thoughts and rambling shit onto. Guy was whacked. Big time whacked.

I loved the song Jeremy when it came out so I voted for Pearl Jam. That song was edgy and disturbing to me when it came out. I saw them recently on Paladia and their views on things in general didn't really jive with mine. I'll still like their music though.

I think Live probably should have been given a voting button. Lightning Crashes was an amazing song.

Not advocating they're the best (I don't even like them) but Smashing Pumpkins should probably be listed.

I'm going with Alice.

The range of that group was fantastic, from the way Man in the Box just grabs ya right from note 1 to the smooth eery sound of Down in a Hole. But Soundgarden and Nirvana are very close.

Couple of bands come to mind that just had initial smashes IMO then couldn't come close to following it up. As mentioned, Live. Throwing Copper was a great release. Lightning Crashes is one of my favorite songs ever. And Bush's first release 16 Stone is just incredible. An underated if ever there was one.

Not advocating they're the best (I don't even like them) but Smashing Pumpkins should probably be listed.

They deserve a mention for sure. They don't fit the genre perfectly but brushed up against it with purpose.

Live is a good selection, as would have been Collective Soul. I was just going off the top of my head of some of my faves, but no one answer of course is correct.

Except Bush....Bush (the band) sucks monkey balls. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Live is a good selection, as would have been Collective Soul. I was just going off the top of my head of some of my faves, but no one answer of course is correct.

Except Bush....Bush (the band) sucks monkey balls. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

:thwak:

I have to go with Nirvana . I heard a lot of there songs. I do love sound garden Back Hole sun.

Back