Why Peyton Winning Doesn't Really Bother Me

I already explained backbreaking turnovers. You must have missed it, so again: NO pick 6s or deadly turnovers that led to immediate field position and momentum given the situation. Which one of the 2 in SB 50 was backbreaking? Even the one he had in the AFCCG wasn't entirely a killer. Not basing it on strict numbers and performance and never did. I'm going by eye ball test. Looked to me as if he did enough to win and not cost his team the game, as he has been known to do in the past. Made plays when he had to, and didn't force anything Manningesque forcing into coverage etc...

Since we're playing the what if game, had Lynch gotten 1 more carry, we'd be talking about those 2 INTs Brady threw in last year's SB. They could have been costly had it not been for the D to get the O the ball back with 10+ min left. It's really not an opinion, I mean they were down 10 and punted to begin the 4th Quarter. It didn't look good. All Sealatte had to do was make a couple of 1st downs, but I digress. I don't think Manning hurt the Broncos and he didn't choke, as he's been prone to do in past SBs and playoffs, which was my main point. I was waiting for it in the Pittsburgh game and it didn't happen. I was waiting for it in the Patriots game and it didn't happen. Had he done that in the SB against Carolina, it would have been the blowout everyone predicted.

You're missing my points and I'm not comparing Brady's SB to Mannings. I'm just saying that people would point to those mistakes in last year's SB had they lost. Glad to see you ignored what I said about SB 36 though. I take nothing away from any SB winning team. To go all the way back to the OP given this long thread, it really doesn't bother me that Peyton Manning won.

Brady had 4 td's and 300 yards passing...sorry this comparison is silly, and how the hell do you know what Lynch would have done if he got the ball. Lets put it this way, Brady has never played as bad, or been as much of a non factor as Manning was this year in any superbowl, even the ones he lost. Flat out, it only hurt Denver when Manning dropped back to pass.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Not comparing, was just saying. Already acknowledged the Broncos D numerous times too.

Manning didn't do anything to cost them the game. Read post above

He barely even threw the ball, they did not let him cost them the game and even with the limited things he did he still had two turnovers. He was not out there like Brady was with no run game and a defense shutting the other team out and throwing 50 times to win, if he was, you could forgive the two turnovers, but flat out, Manning was the only reason Carolina even had a chance in that game.

I already explained backbreaking turnovers. You must have missed it, so again: NO pick 6s or deadly turnovers that led to immediate field position and momentum given the situation. Which one of the 2 in SB 50 was backbreaking? Even the one he had in the AFCCG wasn't entirely a killer. Not basing it on strict numbers and performance and never did. I'm going by eye ball test. Looked to me as if he did enough to win and not cost his team the game, as he has been known to do in the past. Made plays when he had to, and didn't force anything Manningesque forcing into coverage etc...

Since we're playing the what if game, had Lynch gotten 1 more carry, we'd be talking about those 2 INTs Brady threw in last year's SB. They could have been costly had it not been for the D to get the O the ball back with 10+ min left. It's really not an opinion, I mean they were down 10 and punted to begin the 4th Quarter. It didn't look good. All Sealatte had to do was make a couple of 1st downs, but I digress. I don't think Manning hurt the Broncos and he didn't choke, as he's been prone to do in past SBs and playoffs, which was my main point. I was waiting for it in the Pittsburgh game and it didn't happen. I was waiting for it in the Patriots game and it didn't happen. Had he done that in the SB against Carolina, it would have been the blowout everyone predicted.

You're missing my points and I'm not comparing Brady's SB to Mannings. I'm just saying that people would point to those mistakes in last year's SB had they lost. Glad to see you ignored what I said about SB 36 though. I take nothing away from any SB winning team. To go all the way back to the OP given this long thread, it really doesn't bother me that Peyton Manning won.

Brady was clutch...Manning wasn't clutch at all.

Brady had 4 td's and 300 yards passing...sorry this comparison is silly, and how the hell do you know what Lynch would have done if he got the ball. Lets put it this way, Brady has never played as bad, or been as much of a non factor as Manning was this year in any superbowl, even the ones he lost. Flat out, it only hurt Denver when Manning dropped back to pass.

I didn't play the what if scenario. Thankfully we'll never know

I didn't compare the 2 performances, I was just saying we'd be talking about those 2 INTs. Glad it's not an issue. My main point stands: Manning did nothing to hurt the Broncos in the SB or the entire playoffs and I explained it very clearly

Call me silly all you want, you're missing my point

I didn't play the what if scenario. Thankfully we'll never know

I didn't compare the 2 performances, I was just saying we'd be talking about those 2 INTs. Glad it's not an issue. My main point stands: Manning did nothing to hurt the Broncos in the SB or the entire playoffs and I explained it very clearly

Call me silly all you want, you're missing my point

Peyton did hurt the bronco's in the superbowl, but their D and Carolina playing like crap made it not matter. He had two turnovers and did little to nothing on offense, that is not hurting them?

He barely even threw the ball, they did not let him cost them the game and even with the limited things he did he still had two turnovers. He was not out there like Brady was with no run game and a defense shutting the other team out and throwing 50 times to win, if he was, you could forgive the two turnovers, but flat out, Manning was the only reason Carolina even had a chance in that game.

Now you're getting my point

The Broncos didn't let him cost them the game. I was waiting for that pick 6 in all 3 games and it never happened.

I wasn't comparing Brady SB XLIX, just making a point. The Patriots put the game in Brady's hands, the Broncos just asked Manning not to "cost them the game."

You guys are totally missing what I'm saying

The Broncos didn't let him cost them the game. I was waiting for that pick 6 in all 3 games and it never happened.

I wasn't comparing Brady SB XLIX, just making a point. The Patriots put the game in Brady's hands, the Broncos just asked Manning not to "cost them the game."

I am not bashing you, I'm just saying, Brady had a ton more on his shoulders to do in the superbowl, Manning was little more than a guy to at least take the snap. He was never asked to carry them at all in anyway and still turned the ball over twice. Carolina if they were even remotely decent could have won that game. Hell manning gave them more chances with 3 and outs and turnovers than they needed. Had he been asked to carry Denver? You would have saw those back breaking things you talked about. In fact I think Carolina's only td came off a peyton turnover.

So your judging stick for ManninHGH not hurting his team is because he did not throw a pick six? Wow. Not throwing a pick six is not the definition of being a game manager. Peyton* was putrid in the Super Bowl. They won in spite of him. Even he would tell you that.

It grates on me that this bad version of Manning outplayed TB so much in the AFC Championship game, and TB missed a wide open Gronk being covered by a third string safety on the two point conversion, instead throwing it to his third read, who was blanket-ed, that was no more than a prayer, and was picked. If I am going to throw a prayer, it is to a 6:06 all pro covered by a third string safety. There is no doubt in my mind we win that game if it goes to OT. That was the third straight Manning win over us in an AFC Championship game, and does not look good to anyone's legacy. Ordinary fans look at those kind of things, and that game did not need to happen. I guarantee you TB is laying awake at night thinking of that final play. How did he miss Gronk?

It grates on me that this bad version of Manning outplayed TB so much in the AFC Championship game, and TB missed a wide open Gronk being covered by a third string safety on the two point conversion, instead throwing it to his third read, who was blanket-ed, that was no more than a prayer, and was picked. If I am going to throw a prayer, it is to a 6:06 all pro covered by a third string safety. There is no doubt in my mind we win that game if it goes to OT. That was the third straight Manning win over us in an AFC Championship game, and does not look good to anyone's legacy. Ordinary fans look at those kind of things, and that game did not need to happen. I guarantee you TB is laying awake at night thinking of that final play. How did he miss Gronk?

Us? Manning outplayed Brady? What if Manning was hit 23 times in the game, then what happens? Why are you saying Us? You are a bronco fan? Your post was weird, its like you have a different account and logged into the wrong one.

So your judging stick for ManninHGH not hurting his team is because he did not throw a pick six? Wow. Not throwing a pick six is not the definition of being a game manager. Peyton* was putrid in the Super Bowl. They won in spite of him. Even he would tell you that.

I know they won because of their D. Already stated that numerous times. And Manning did tell us that, he said he was just along for the ride.

My point, yet again, is that Manning's entire playoff career has been predicated on 1 and dones and costly mistakes in big games and in bad situations. That's what I said. He may have been putrid, but he didn't make those mistakes that we've come to love around here and Manning face etc. All that matters is that they won at the end of the day.

His playoff run in 2006 was bad too. He got carried by AV in the divisional game in Baltimore as they needed 5 FGs and their D woke up in the post season: most notably Bob Sanders. That was 10 years ago, and even by his standards had a bad SB against the Bears. Yet they still won.

It's funny how when the Patriots won that way is was a detriment. When Manning wins that way he's the GOAT.

I'm the type of fan that always gives credit to the teams that win the SB. It fascinates me, even the ones where the Patriots lost.

If the Patriots won the SB the way the Broncos just did 2 weeks ago, I'd take that every year.

I know they won because of their D. Already stated that numerous times. And Manning did tell us that, he said he was just along for the ride.

My point, yet again, is that Manning's entire playoff career has been predicated on 1 and dones and costly mistakes in big games and in bad situations. That's what I said. He may have been putrid, but he didn't make those mistakes that we've come to love around here and Manning face etc. All that matters is that they won at the end of the day.

His playoff run in 2006 was bad too. He got carried by AV in the divisional game in Baltimore as they needed 5 FGs and their D woke up in the post season: most notably Bob Sanders. That was 10 years ago, and even by his standards had a bad SB against the Bears. Yet they still won.

It's funny how when the Patriots won that way is was a detriment. When Manning wins that way he's the GOAT.

I'm the type of fan that always gives credit to the teams that win the SB. It fascinates me, even the ones where the Patriots lost.

If the Patriots won the SB the way the Broncos just did 2 weeks ago, I'd take that every year.

I think people are giving credit to Denver, but I think we can all see the biggest reason they won. I have to be honest, not since 2000 have I seen a D carry an offense that much. Lowest amount of yards for a winning team in superbowl history and Peyton still had two turnovers. Its unreal. I guess the question is, what a defense would have to be for peyton to play like he usually does and still win, we just saw it, almost flawless.

Manning was about as bad as he usually is in the playoffs but his D was so ridiculously ahead of Carolina's offense that Denver won anyway.

He got lucky to have a D like that because he was doomed if the game came down to him making plays.

Manning was about as bad as he usually is in the playoffs but his D was so ridiculously ahead of Carolina's offense that Denver won anyway.

He got lucky to have a D like that because he was doomed if the game came down to him making plays.

Actually he was worse, I mean he sucked

BUT

He knew he was toast and wisely played a minimal role in the game doing what his coach told him. To hand off the ball and not make stupid decisions.

Was he good? No not at all but he was Trent Dilfer Good, Brad Johnson good and the TEAM won the game instead of Peyton losing it.

Actually he was worse, I mean he sucked

BUT

He knew he was toast and wisely played a minimal role in the game doing what his coach told him. To hand off the ball and not make stupid decisions.

Was he good? No not at all but he was Trent Dilfer Good, Brad Johnson good and the TEAM won the game instead of Peyton losing it.

I have been thinking about this some lately, and I am starting to believe Peyton* does come back and play for the LA Rams for $20 mil a year or whatever obnoxious number they will throw at him so he will put fans in the seats in a market the NFL desperately wants to be successful. After listening to him shill for pizza and beer this guy is ALL about the money and HIS brand and was most likely lying when he said he would stop playing when he sucked. The money will be there for the taking and Peyton ALWAYS takes the easy cash. The only thing maybe giving him pause is the HGH allegation but I am sure he knows the NFL will sweep it away.

I have been thinking about this some lately, and I am starting to believe Peyton* does come back and play for the LA Rams for $20 mil a year or whatever obnoxious number they will throw at him so he will put fans in the seats in a market the NFL desperately wants to be successful. After listening to him shill for pizza and beer this guy is ALL about the money and HIS brand and was most likely lying when he said he would stop playing when he sucked. The money will be there for the taking and Peyton ALWAYS takes the easy cash. The only thing maybe giving him pause is the HGH allegation but I am sure he knows the NFL will sweep it away.

and if somebody offered you 20mil you would turn it down lol.

Peyton has many mouths to feed:

Doyel
Kravitz
Kacsmar
NFLN
ESPN
UT
Jim Nantz
Mike Ditka
Keyshawn Johnson
Ari Fleischer
Phil Simms
probably Charlie Sly

Am I forgetting anyone?

and if somebody offered you 20mil you would turn it down lol.
depends what she looked like to be honest.... I am a man of morals

truth is Manning is done, we all saw it and I think I read he has made more money than any player in the history of the NFL, PLUS all his endorsements.

I figure sometimes legacy over money needs to take over. IF a team like Denver wanted him back, a defense led team looking for a game manager, maybe. But a pisspoor team like St Louis is not worth the risk of more damage. yes they have a RB but they are not a game manager away.

depends what she looked like to be honest.... I am a man of morals

truth is Manning is done, we all saw it and I think I read he has made more money than any player in the history of the NFL, PLUS all his endorsements.

I figure sometimes legacy over money needs to take over. IF a team like Denver wanted him back, a defense led team looking for a game manager, maybe. But a pisspoor team like St Louis is not worth the risk of more damage. yes they have a RB but they are not a game manager away.

so what if he is done, if somebody offers 20mil he is going to take it...this is the game he grew up playing, its his lifes work if somebody wants to pay him money to continue to do it then good for him. seriously why would he give 2 seconds worrying about legacy, you would do it and so will he if given the chance...

Back