Wildcard Weekend Games

I'd really like to see 1 vs 2 and 1 vs 2 in both AFC and NFC Championships. Hopefully the Chiefs, Falcons, and Cowboys pull it off.

I'm good with either Pats vs Falcons or Cowboys in the SB.

Pats vs Boys would be a ratings monster, possibly the most watched SB ever methinks.

What the Giants did to the Giants defense was even more impressive!

That Giants defense was not on the same planet as 07 and 11. I do wonder though what might have happened had OBJ held on to those passes in the first quarter and the Giants were up 14-0 instead of 6-0.

That Giants defense was not on the same planet as 07 and 11. I do wonder though what might have happened had OBJ held on to those passes in the first quarter and the Giants were up 14-0 instead of 6-0.

07, maybe, but this was better than their 2011 defense, especially the secondary.

Rodgers-Cromartie going out really killed them in that game. That and GB stopped being stupid, and started sending receivers up the seams.

07, maybe, but this was better than their 2011 defense, especially the secondary.

Rodgers-Cromartie going out really killed them in that game. That and GB stopped being stupid, and started sending receivers up the seams.

I was surprised that the Line did not get more pass rush. I mean isn't that where they spent all the money in the off-season? Rodgers had all day back there.

I was surprised that the Line did not get more pass rush. I mean isn't that where they spent all the money in the off-season? Rodgers had all day back there.
Sometimes the rush is contain 1st. try to keep Rogers in the pocket and they did have a few sacks doing this, by bottling him up. He is a risk to run, 360 yards this season (from memory), so you have to watch that too.

They were getting to him early. That defense was just on the field the entire second half, and Giants offense was disgustingly bad. To score 13 points against that sieve defense is inexcusable.

Giants dominated that 1st half. It wasn't even close. They realistically should have been up 14-0, maybe even more. The Hail Mary before the half was kind of a killer, inexcusable to allow that to happen, the push off be damned --- refs never call penalties on Hail Mary

Their idiot diva WR couldn't make catches that he routinely makes, and it seemed Eli went away from him later on in the game. Him and his other WR buddies warming up pregame with no shirt on was kind of lame. I would call it lack of focus and really not professional but whatevs....if they won none of that other stuff probably doesn't get brought up anyway.

Rodgers lost his best WR, and his RB to injury as well. The Giants let them off the hook, it would have been a lot different had the G'men pounced on them when the Packers allowed them to do so. Lambeau would have gotten that Wrigley Field silence and the pressure would have been really big on them.

What did it for me was when the Giants didn't play to the whistle on that Eli (tuck rule like) fumble. You knew the game was over. I really don't even mind the Giants or hate them like some here do, but they got everything they deserved and then some. Just an undisciplined, immature, and unprofessional approach. You would think a veteran QB with multiple SB wins would have a better display of leadership but nope, just the same old happy go lucky goober

Giants dominated that 1st half. It wasn't even close. They realistically should have been up 14-0, maybe even more. The Hail Mary before the half was kind of a killer, inexcusable to allow that to happen, the push off be damned --- refs never call penalties on Hail Mary

Their idiot diva WR couldn't make catches that he routinely makes, and it seemed Eli went away from him later on in the game. Him and his other WR buddies warming up pregame with no shirt on was kind of lame. I would call it lack of focus and really not professional but whatevs....if they won none of that other stuff probably doesn't get brought up anyway.

Rodgers lost his best WR, and his RB to injury as well. The Giants let them off the hook, it would have been a lot different had the G'men pounced on them when the Packers allowed them to do so. Lambeau would have gotten that Wrigley Field silence and the pressure would have been really big on them.

What did it for me was when the Giants didn't play to the whistle on that Eli (tuck rule like) fumble. You knew the game was over. I really don't even mind the Giants or hate them like some here do, but they got everything they deserved and then some. Just an undisciplined, immature, and unprofessional approach. You would think a veteran QB with multiple SB wins would have a better display of leadership but nope, just the same old happy go lucky goober

Trade Odell Beckham this off season and save $14-16M/ with $26-30M guaranteed after next year and get Eli an OL with that money. It would send a clear msg to the rest of the team...and to the Jets.

Trade Odell Beckham this off season and save $14-16M/ with $26-30M guaranteed after next year and get Eli an OL with that money. It would send a clear msg to the rest of the team...and to the Jets.

Eli is going to be 37. You really think he has that much of a window left?

Eli is going to be 37. You really think he has that much of a window left?
Doesn't matter how much time Eli has left. Always better to have a good oline instead of a diva WR.

And it's even betterer if it sends a message to the Jets. :D

Just in case you wished there was a video showing only the sacks from wildcard weekend, here ya go...

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/iqvj7" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe><script async defer src="https://v.embedcdn.com/embed.js"></script></div>

Back