Wilfork is Back

Fvckimg mother effing fun fvckimg fantastic!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

If he comes back to a 80% version of himself and stays healthy our D will be deadly... All we need now is one more studd pass rusher and DT depth via draft...
Posted via Mobile Device

From what I understand, it's $3m guaranteed, laden with all sorts of incentives and bonuses of varying degrees; and I think (if I read it right) the last year is an option year.

Basically, you're getting Wilfork for JAG vet money, which works for me. Now if he produces at a 2012 level, you're actually getting what you pay for.

Edit: Sorry. 2 option years. Even better.

I kinda had a feeling he would be with all the silence surrounding this from both sides. Great to hear and hopefully he's able to play at a decent level.

From what I understand, it's $3m guaranteed, laden with all sorts of incentives and bonuses of varying degrees; and I think (if I read it right) the last year is an option year.

Basically, you're getting Wilfork for JAG vet money, which works for me. Now if he produces at a 2012 level, you're actually getting what you pay for.

Many have said that an Achilles injury takes more than a year to recover. Vince may be better in 2015 and 2016 than he will be this next 2014 season.

The new contract is set up so that may occur, I think.

If he meets all incentives and bonuses, he can earn up to 8 mil, still saving about 3.6 mil off the cap. I just can't see him making all of the incentives. Personally, I think he's pretty much done, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Whatever he can contribute is better than nothing.

I fully expect VW to start on PUP. That sure will make incentives tough to come by.

But I can think of a whole lot worse things to have than Vince coming off injury Week 10 and ready to kick ass and take names!

If he meets all incentives and bonuses, he can earn up to 8 mil, still saving about 3.6 mil off the cap. I just can't see him making all of the incentives. Personally, I think he's pretty much done, but I hope he proves me wrong.

This.

I mean, for this money, you at least get a guy who knows the system, is a leader, etc etc; instead of Just Some Guy for pretty much the same money.

Even if he is done as an elite DT (which I think he is as well), he can always fill space, even if he's just a rotational guy.

Great news. Really pleased with this. Didn't like the idea that he'd slink off to Miami or Tampa. He's been a great Patriot and he is part his peak, but still worth having.

Another example of BB using incentives/playing time/roster bonuses to save his team money if a player gets hurt or quits. Moneyball!

I am guessing Big Vince wasn't commanding on the market what he thought he would.

All in all, I think it is a win for both parties. I don't think VW was going to make any more money than that, anyway.

I foresee being a situational nose tackle in his future.

Back