Will Belichick part ways or return to Patriots?

Will Belichick part ways or return to Patriots?

• Belichick will part ways

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Belichick will return

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters
no,but he wasn't poor. and i do believe that company wasn't nearly as profitable as he helped make it.
Yes, he made it more successful. I never said otherwise.

People regularly say that he built his fortune all by himself, which is hilarious. That was my point.

Yes, he made it more successful. I never said otherwise.

People regularly say that he built his fortune all by himself, which is hilarious. That was my point.
got it,i missed where someone said that. i think that dude decending him is merely a skilled mocker.

glazer is pretty accurate.
Patriots 'Shock'? Jay Glazer Reports Coach is Done in New England - BELICHICK BLOG
Welcome to the home of the latest breaking news, juicy rumors and assorted tidbits surrounding Bill Belichick and the potential end of his legendary career coaching the New England Patriots.
RICHIE WHITT59 MINUTES AGO
In this story:
New England Patriots
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
With records of 31 playoff wins and six Super Bowls, 333 overall victories and three Coach of the Year awards over 29 seasons, Bill Belichick is one of the greatest head coaches in the history of the NFL. He also, however, is a 71-year-old enduring the worst year of his legendary career with the 4-12 New England Patriots having their worst season since 1992.

Belichick is on the brink.

Patriots - Bill Belichick Super Bowl trophy
Will he get a "Foxboro Farewell"? Or another chance to restore what was once the league's all-time best dynasty?

The latest breaking news, juicy rumors and assorted tidbits ...

JAN 7: BILL'S DONE, SAYS GLAZER - Unlike too many in the national media, FOX's Jay Glazer does not throw crap against the wall to see if it sticks. And Glazer on Sunday morning is reporting that Belichick is done in New England.

"As far as who's gone ... it's a matter of whether they fire him ... or trade him,'' Glazer said.

On the same panel, Belichick pupil Rob Gronkowski said "I'd be shocked'' by Belchick's departure. But given that Gronk is speaking emotionally while Glazer is a reporter ... the ol' tight end had better prepare to be "shocked.''

JAN. 7 HAY, SNOW ON TAP FOR BELICHICK'S LAST DANCE? - Snow is falling in Gillette Stadium and, according to an NFL insider, the hay is also already in the barn.

As Belichick prepares for what could be his final game in Foxboro this Sunday morning, Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer is reporting that his fate is already sealed.

Writes Breer, "Some within the team feel like the hay has been in the barn for a while with this one, going back to the team’s trip to Germany in early November."

If Breer is correct, Belichick will be fired, Jerod Mayo will be hired as his successor and Sunday's game will the last of the Hall-of-Fame coach's legendary career with the Patriots.

JAN. 6 COMMANDERS, RAIDERS WANT TO INTERVIEW BELICHICK - For now, Bill Belichick is still the coach of the Patriots. And that may be the case after his Monday meeting with owner Robert Kraft.

But, just in case ... the Washington Commanders want in.

Per Dianna Russini of The Athletic, the Commanders (along with the Las Vegas Raiders) are hoping to meet with Belichick - assuming he become available.

The Raiders are already offering up a vacancy to be filled by a new full-time head coach after firing Josh McDaniels, though there is obvious locker room support there for interim boss Antonio Pierce.

But in Washington? The 4-12 Commanders have yet to make their move regarding the incumbent Ron Rivera. It is expected, however, that after Rivera coaches on Sunday against the hated Dallas Cowboys that new owner Josh Harris will put into place a plan to rejuvenate the long-moribund Washington franchise.

JAN. 6 RADICAL RUMOR HAS BELICHICK GOING TO EAGLES - We have to seriously consider the source on this one, because Craig Carton has a history littered with wild, unsourced and ultimately swing-and-miss opinions. The FS1 host's latest zany take has the Patriots firing Belichick and the coach being hired by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Many dominoes would have to fall to make this happen. First and foremost, Kraft's unlikely, outright firing of Belichick. Secondly, entering the final Sunday of the season the 11-5 Eagles still have a shot at the NFC East title and the No. 2 seed in the NFC Playoffs. So they'd have to fire with a coach in the postseason that's only a year removed from almost winning the Super Bowl in Nick Sirianni.

Nonetheless, says Carton: ""If I'm Philly and it doesn't go right, I'll be the first team to try to beat the (Los Angeles) Chargers to the phone and bring Bill Belichick in. They would love him in Philadelphia."

Carton goes on to compare Belichick to none other than Pamela Anderson, so - again - grain of salt.

JAN. 6 BULLYCHECK, TO THE BITTER END - According to a stunning, detailed report by the Boston Herald, Belichick oversaw a dysfunctional organization this season which was not only 4-12 on the field but rife with dissension off of it. Among other things, the head coach apparently wouldn't let new offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien have input into new hirings and offensive line coach Adrian Klemm got crossways with player personnel director Matt Groh. Yikes, indeed.

JAN. 6 BELICHICK FINALE: SICK IN A SNOWSTORM? - Sunday's forecast at Gillette Stadium calls for temperatures in the 30s, 6-8 inches of snow and a 100-percent of tears. The potential Patriots finales for Belichick (and Matthew Slater) should provide for an emotional day in Foxboro. The coach changed formats of his Friday press conference because he's fighting an illness. The 71-year-old is expected to be on the sideline Sunday, come snow or sickness or both.

JAN. 5 NFL NETWORK LABELS ROBERT KRAFT FIRING BILL BELICHICK ‘HIGHLY UNLIKLEY’ - With rumors abound as to whether New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is about to guide his team for the final time on Sunday versus the New York Jets, one NFL insider suggests that the man responsible for guiding them to six super Bowl championships might not be in line to receive his “pink slip” on “Black Monday.”

With Patriots owner Robert Kraft reportedly set to meet with the 71-year-old coach on Monday morning regarding his future with the franchise, NFL Network has submitted the notion that the chances of Belichick being fired are “highly unlikely.”

“As to whether there might be a point where Robert Kraft says: ‘You know what? I’m just going to move on’ and fires Bill Belichick … That seems to be highly, highly unlikely,” said NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport while guesting on NFL Plus’ The Insiders.

The Patriots are about to drop the curtain on their worst season since 1992. They are 4-12 entering Sunday's season finale, one which has been defined by offensive futility, in-fighting within the coaching staff and incessant rumors surrounding Belichick’s future with the club.

Still, Rapoport suggests that alternative outcomes — such as Belichick being retained as head coach, while a new general manager is brought aboard — may be more palatable to Kraft, who has already watched legendary quarterback Tom Brady continue his success with another franchise. In spite of Belichick’s struggles, he is able to pair his impressive resume with helping to craft a defense which leads the NFL in yards-per-game allowed via the run (3.2), while being ranked No. 6 overall.

It should be noted that he was not so quick to dismiss the notion that both Belichick and the Patriots would “mutually part ways” next week — adding the caveat that that Pats would receive no compensation in this scenario.

JAN. 5 JULIAN EDELMAN PREDICTS BELICHICK TO ... COWBOYS? - Ex Patriots Super Bowl MVP Julian Edelman sees a "tough conversation" coming Monday between Belichick and Robert Kraft and a potential new landing spot for the coach. As in, "How 'Bout Them Cowboys?!"

Asked by FS1's Colin Cowherd Friday if Belichick would take the Panthers job, Edelman snapped "no way!"

"But," he continued, "what about Dallas? What if Mike McCarthy gets knocked out of the playoffs early? Bill over there with that Top 10 offensive line and talent ... they'd at least be fundamentally sound. McCarthy gets a lot of penalties and that clock management ... in the game against the Lions the moment just looked too big."

Belichick has been linked to the Cowboys all season, by everyone from former quarterback Scott Zolak to long-time sportswriter Gary Myers.

Edelman said the irony of Belichick's situation in Foxboro is that - after years of building rosters on the cheap and cutting players in their prime - he must sell himself to Kraft even though he would have cut himself by now if he was a player.

"It's an interesting situation," he said. "Bill's notorious for cutting guys a year or two before they're out of their prime. And he's the first one to tell you that this is a production business. I remember going in to negotiate after I'd won Super Bowl MVP and him telling me 'Look, you're 33 years old and coming off an ACL. I can't give you that.' That's the kind of guy he is. So this is going to be a tough conversation."

cont

JAN. 5 RODNEY HARRISON SUGGESTS END FOR BELICHICK - It was just one week ago that Belichick was waxing nostalgic about Rodney Harrison. The coach was essentially stumping for Harrison's inclusion in this year's Hall of Fame class, calling him "One of the best I’ve ever coached. He’d certainly be on my all-time team."

Harrison, however, isn't exactly returning the favor. The Patriots' Hall of Fame safety and two-time Super Bowl champ said Thursday he thinks Belichick should move on from the team.

"Personally, I think it's time for Bill," Harrison told MassLive.com. "I think a new environment would be great for him. I just think it's gotten to the point in time where he's been there so long, he's accomplished everything you could possibly accomplish as a coach and more, and sometimes, it's just time."

JAN. 5 BELICHICK CHANGES FRIDAY SCHEDULE - In an audible that initially raised red flags at One Patriot Place, Belichick changed his Friday media availability from the usual in-person press conference to a virtual video session. But instead of some secret meetings taking place or the Patriots coach wanting to avoid fond farewells on what could be the last Friday presser of his 24-year career in Foxobro, it appears he's simply sick. And courteous.

"Not feeling great," Belichick said to open the video session. "Trying to spare everyone in the first couple rows."

In a season decimated by injuries, now Belichick (illness) might be on the injury report heading into Sunday's season finale against the New York Jets.

JAN. 5 BELICHICK MIRRORING AWKWARD EXIT OF TOM LANDRY? - Like hat, like hoodie? Belichick's last gasps with the Patriots is eerily familiar to that of Hall of Famer Tom Landry's awkward exit from the Dallas Cowboys 35 years ago.

JAN. 5 JETS COACH OFFERS BELICHICK TRIBUTE - Ahead of Sunday's finale at Gillette Stadium, Jets' coach Robert Saleh says he is in "awe" of Belichick and how the Patriots' coach "transcended" the game of football.

JAN. 4 BELICHICK ON NFL'S SECOND-HOTTEST COACHING SEAT - While there is no consensus on what will happen, there is agreement among almost every NFL observer that something must happen. Whether the ultimate action is a firing, trade or even retirement, USA Today grades Belichick's coaching seat with the Patriots as the second-hottest in the NFL entering Sunday's regular-season finale and Monday's scheduled summit with owner Robert Kraft.

Belichick's heat gets a 3.5, behind Ron Rivera's 5 with the Commanders and ahead of Arthur Smith's 2.5 in Atlanta. Writes USA Today:

"There are too many variables here to be confident in any particular outcome. But given the complexities, it seems like a solid bet that if a change is made, it likely will be a mutual parting and more delicate decision than the outright firings seen elsewhere."

JAN. 4 PATRIOTS GM CANDIDATES EMERGING - Coming out of Monday's scheduled summit with Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick could be outright fired. He could be traded. He could remain as head coach of the Patriots. Or ... what if Kraft allows him to stay but convinces Belichick to give up control of player personnel?

Difficult to envision the 71-year-old, stuck-in-his-ways Belichick agreeing to such a setup when other teams will likely give him full control of their operation. But in that arrangement Kraft would need a traditional general manager in Foxboro, and candidates are beginning to surface.

Among the possibilities are Pats director of scouting Eliot Wolf, 49ers assistant GM Adam Peters (who began his career as a New England scout) and former team executives Dave Ziegler, Thomas Dimitroff and Jon Robinson.

According to Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer, another name to consider is Bengals senior personnel exec Trey Brown. He started in the Pats' scouting department under Belichick in 2010 and was the Eagles' director of college scouting for the team that beat New England in Super Bowl LII. Breer reminds that Brown has a "good relationship" with potential Belichick successor Jerod Mayo.

Said Breer during an appearance on NBC Sports Boston, "If you’re looking for a guy with applicable experience who’s done a ton of different things, Trey Brown would be that guy.”

JAN. 4 EX CHARGERS STAR DOESN'T WANT BELICHICK IN L.A. - Since the middle of the season the Patriots' Belichick has been connected to the Los Angeles Chargers. But as his first choice to replace the recently fired Brandon Staley, former Chargers' star Shawn Merriman wants Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh.

And as his last pick? Belichick.

"He's not my pick, for a lot of reasons," the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year in 2005 and sacks leader in 2006 said on OutKick’s "Hot Mic" podcast this week. "We all know how great of a coach Bill Belichick is. But I don't know, in my opinion, if you bring in somebody like Bill Belichick right now, that it's going to guarantee a turnaround, a success. He's going to want to come in and call the shots, bring all his people in. I doubt very seriously if he keeps anybody on that staff. So, you're talking about a big turnover. So, he wouldn't be my first choice. He would probably be my last, to be quite honest."

JAN. 4 BOSTON RADIO HOST MAKES CASE FOR BELICHICK RETURN - Boston talk-show host Tony Massarotti of 98.5 The Sports Hub says Belichick should return to the Patriots because he's ... better than Nathaniel Hackett?

JAN. 4 KRAFT, BELICHICK SET MONDAY MEEETING - Less than 24 hours after Sunday's "Foxboro Farewell" at Gillette Stadium, Bill Belichick may have his New England Patriots' fate decided in a summit with owner Robert Kraft.

According to ESPN, Belichick will meet Monday morning with Kraft and his son - team president Jonathan - at One Patriot Place. Reporter Mike Reiss says though a "final decision hasn't been made," Belichick will have to convince the pair that the reasons for this disastrous season are quickly repairable.

It could be a "Black Monday" for the greatest coach in Patriots' history.

JAN. 4 DINOSAUR EXTINCTION FOR BELICHICK, CARROLL? - After Hall-of-Fame careers featuring a combined 513 wins and seven Super Bowls, legendary coaches Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots and Pete Carroll of the Seattle Seahawks could be fired after Sunday.

JAN. 4 GRONK PICKS BELICHICK SUCCESSOR - While Patriots' legend Rob Gronkowski won't believe Bill Belichick's time with in New England is over until it happens, he is picking a preferred successor just in case.

JAN. 3 RIVAL JETS DETERMINED TO SEND BELICHICK OUT A 'LOSER - The New York Jets enter Sunday's season finale at Gillette Stadium hoping to break a 15-game losing streak to the Patriot and send iconic coach Bill Belichick out on a losing note.

JAN. 2 BELICHICK JOKES ABOUT BREAKING PATRIOTS NEWS ON 'MYFACE' - Just days before what could be his final game as coach of the New England Patriots, Bill Belichick invented a fictional website and joked about his future in Foxboro during a radio interview.

JAN. 2 POTENTIAL BELICHICK SUCCESSOR MAYO RESPONDS TO 'WRONG WAY' RUMORS - Patriots' inside linebackers coach and potential Bill Belichick successor Jerod Mayo shot back at stories claiming he has been "rubbing people the wrong way" this season.

JAN. 2 BELICHICK ON CUSP OF NFL INFAMY - Bill Belichick could make history as the NFL's losingest coach if the Patriots are defeated by the New York Jets on Sunday at Gillette Stadium.

JAN. 1 KRAFT TAKING LESSONS FROM BRADY DEPARTURE IN HANDLING BELICHICK? - Patriots owner Robert Kraft might be taking lessons learned from the ugly departure of Tom Brady in his handling of coach Bill Belichick's status with the franchise.

2023 BELICHICK'S TURBULENT TIMELINE -

*Last offseason Belichick signed a secret contract extension.

*Before Week 1 of the regular season Kraft issued a mandate saying, "I know we play a tough schedule, but I love this team. I expect us to make the playoffs."

*Belichick was almost fired if the Pats lost to the Indianapolis Colts in Germany in Week 10 (They did; He wasn't).

*Belichick is linked by multiple sources to other jobs in 2024, including the Washington Commanders, Los Angeles Chargers and Dallas Cowboys.

*A December report claims Kraft has already his decision to "part ways" with Belichick after the season, rendering him a lame-duck coach.

*A counterpoint report says, on the contrary, no such decision has been made and Belichick might be coaching for his job in the season's final four games.

*NFL insiders and former Patriots alike began casting their informal votes for Belichick's successor, some saying Mike Vrabel is the logical successor while Hall of Famer Ty Law stumps for Mayo.

*Kraft apparently is keen on creating a "bidding war" for his coach, in an attempt to recoup assets via trade rather than an outright firing or mutual divorce.

*Belichick is reportedly telling assistant coaches and staffers that he wants to return to Foxboro in 2024 and beyond.

*FS1's Colin Cowherd said Belichick retaining his job with the Patriots - or getting a new one elsewhere, for that matter - is becoming problematic because the league's younger players and coaches have soured on the 71-year-old legend's style and substance.

*Just after Christmas Belichick apparently began "expressing doubt" to his coaching staff about his future in Foxboro

cont

JAN. 5 RODNEY HARRISON SUGGESTS END FOR BELICHICK - It was just one week ago that Belichick was waxing nostalgic about Rodney Harrison. The coach was essentially stumping for Harrison's inclusion in this year's Hall of Fame class, calling him "One of the best I’ve ever coached. He’d certainly be on my all-time team."

Harrison, however, isn't exactly returning the favor. The Patriots' Hall of Fame safety and two-time Super Bowl champ said Thursday he thinks Belichick should move on from the team.

"Personally, I think it's time for Bill," Harrison told MassLive.com. "I think a new environment would be great for him. I just think it's gotten to the point in time where he's been there so long, he's accomplished everything you could possibly accomplish as a coach and more, and sometimes, it's just time."

JAN. 5 BELICHICK CHANGES FRIDAY SCHEDULE - In an audible that initially raised red flags at One Patriot Place, Belichick changed his Friday media availability from the usual in-person press conference to a virtual video session. But instead of some secret meetings taking place or the Patriots coach wanting to avoid fond farewells on what could be the last Friday presser of his 24-year career in Foxobro, it appears he's simply sick. And courteous.

"Not feeling great," Belichick said to open the video session. "Trying to spare everyone in the first couple rows."

In a season decimated by injuries, now Belichick (illness) might be on the injury report heading into Sunday's season finale against the New York Jets.

JAN. 5 BELICHICK MIRRORING AWKWARD EXIT OF TOM LANDRY? - Like hat, like hoodie? Belichick's last gasps with the Patriots is eerily familiar to that of Hall of Famer Tom Landry's awkward exit from the Dallas Cowboys 35 years ago.

JAN. 5 JETS COACH OFFERS BELICHICK TRIBUTE - Ahead of Sunday's finale at Gillette Stadium, Jets' coach Robert Saleh says he is in "awe" of Belichick and how the Patriots' coach "transcended" the game of football.

JAN. 4 BELICHICK ON NFL'S SECOND-HOTTEST COACHING SEAT - While there is no consensus on what will happen, there is agreement among almost every NFL observer that something must happen. Whether the ultimate action is a firing, trade or even retirement, USA Today grades Belichick's coaching seat with the Patriots as the second-hottest in the NFL entering Sunday's regular-season finale and Monday's scheduled summit with owner Robert Kraft.

Belichick's heat gets a 3.5, behind Ron Rivera's 5 with the Commanders and ahead of Arthur Smith's 2.5 in Atlanta. Writes USA Today:

"There are too many variables here to be confident in any particular outcome. But given the complexities, it seems like a solid bet that if a change is made, it likely will be a mutual parting and more delicate decision than the outright firings seen elsewhere."

JAN. 4 PATRIOTS GM CANDIDATES EMERGING - Coming out of Monday's scheduled summit with Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick could be outright fired. He could be traded. He could remain as head coach of the Patriots. Or ... what if Kraft allows him to stay but convinces Belichick to give up control of player personnel?

Difficult to envision the 71-year-old, stuck-in-his-ways Belichick agreeing to such a setup when other teams will likely give him full control of their operation. But in that arrangement Kraft would need a traditional general manager in Foxboro, and candidates are beginning to surface.

Among the possibilities are Pats director of scouting Eliot Wolf, 49ers assistant GM Adam Peters (who began his career as a New England scout) and former team executives Dave Ziegler, Thomas Dimitroff and Jon Robinson.

According to Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer, another name to consider is Bengals senior personnel exec Trey Brown. He started in the Pats' scouting department under Belichick in 2010 and was the Eagles' director of college scouting for the team that beat New England in Super Bowl LII. Breer reminds that Brown has a "good relationship" with potential Belichick successor Jerod Mayo.

Said Breer during an appearance on NBC Sports Boston, "If you’re looking for a guy with applicable experience who’s done a ton of different things, Trey Brown would be that guy.”

JAN. 4 EX CHARGERS STAR DOESN'T WANT BELICHICK IN L.A. - Since the middle of the season the Patriots' Belichick has been connected to the Los Angeles Chargers. But as his first choice to replace the recently fired Brandon Staley, former Chargers' star Shawn Merriman wants Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh.

And as his last pick? Belichick.

"He's not my pick, for a lot of reasons," the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year in 2005 and sacks leader in 2006 said on OutKick’s "Hot Mic" podcast this week. "We all know how great of a coach Bill Belichick is. But I don't know, in my opinion, if you bring in somebody like Bill Belichick right now, that it's going to guarantee a turnaround, a success. He's going to want to come in and call the shots, bring all his people in. I doubt very seriously if he keeps anybody on that staff. So, you're talking about a big turnover. So, he wouldn't be my first choice. He would probably be my last, to be quite honest."

JAN. 4 BOSTON RADIO HOST MAKES CASE FOR BELICHICK RETURN - Boston talk-show host Tony Massarotti of 98.5 The Sports Hub says Belichick should return to the Patriots because he's ... better than Nathaniel Hackett?

JAN. 4 KRAFT, BELICHICK SET MONDAY MEEETING - Less than 24 hours after Sunday's "Foxboro Farewell" at Gillette Stadium, Bill Belichick may have his New England Patriots' fate decided in a summit with owner Robert Kraft.

According to ESPN, Belichick will meet Monday morning with Kraft and his son - team president Jonathan - at One Patriot Place. Reporter Mike Reiss says though a "final decision hasn't been made," Belichick will have to convince the pair that the reasons for this disastrous season are quickly repairable.

It could be a "Black Monday" for the greatest coach in Patriots' history.

JAN. 4 DINOSAUR EXTINCTION FOR BELICHICK, CARROLL? - After Hall-of-Fame careers featuring a combined 513 wins and seven Super Bowls, legendary coaches Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots and Pete Carroll of the Seattle Seahawks could be fired after Sunday.

JAN. 4 GRONK PICKS BELICHICK SUCCESSOR - While Patriots' legend Rob Gronkowski won't believe Bill Belichick's time with in New England is over until it happens, he is picking a preferred successor just in case.

JAN. 3 RIVAL JETS DETERMINED TO SEND BELICHICK OUT A 'LOSER - The New York Jets enter Sunday's season finale at Gillette Stadium hoping to break a 15-game losing streak to the Patriot and send iconic coach Bill Belichick out on a losing note.

JAN. 2 BELICHICK JOKES ABOUT BREAKING PATRIOTS NEWS ON 'MYFACE' - Just days before what could be his final game as coach of the New England Patriots, Bill Belichick invented a fictional website and joked about his future in Foxboro during a radio interview.

JAN. 2 POTENTIAL BELICHICK SUCCESSOR MAYO RESPONDS TO 'WRONG WAY' RUMORS - Patriots' inside linebackers coach and potential Bill Belichick successor Jerod Mayo shot back at stories claiming he has been "rubbing people the wrong way" this season.

JAN. 2 BELICHICK ON CUSP OF NFL INFAMY - Bill Belichick could make history as the NFL's losingest coach if the Patriots are defeated by the New York Jets on Sunday at Gillette Stadium.

JAN. 1 KRAFT TAKING LESSONS FROM BRADY DEPARTURE IN HANDLING BELICHICK? - Patriots owner Robert Kraft might be taking lessons learned from the ugly departure of Tom Brady in his handling of coach Bill Belichick's status with the franchise.

2023 BELICHICK'S TURBULENT TIMELINE -

*Last offseason Belichick signed a secret contract extension.

*Before Week 1 of the regular season Kraft issued a mandate saying, "I know we play a tough schedule, but I love this team. I expect us to make the playoffs."

*Belichick was almost fired if the Pats lost to the Indianapolis Colts in Germany in Week 10 (They did; He wasn't).

*Belichick is linked by multiple sources to other jobs in 2024, including the Washington Commanders, Los Angeles Chargers and Dallas Cowboys.

*A December report claims Kraft has already his decision to "part ways" with Belichick after the season, rendering him a lame-duck coach.

*A counterpoint report says, on the contrary, no such decision has been made and Belichick might be coaching for his job in the season's final four games.

*NFL insiders and former Patriots alike began casting their informal votes for Belichick's successor, some saying Mike Vrabel is the logical successor while Hall of Famer Ty Law stumps for Mayo.

*Kraft apparently is keen on creating a "bidding war" for his coach, in an attempt to recoup assets via trade rather than an outright firing or mutual divorce.

*Belichick is reportedly telling assistant coaches and staffers that he wants to return to Foxboro in 2024 and beyond.

*FS1's Colin Cowherd said Belichick retaining his job with the Patriots - or getting a new one elsewhere, for that matter - is becoming problematic because the league's younger players and coaches have soured on the 71-year-old legend's style and substance.

*Just after Christmas Belichick apparently began "expressing doubt" to his coaching staff about his future in Foxboro
Can I have this in cliff notes?

Last edited:
Can I have this in cliff notes?
Here you go, Muse

Glazer notes rumors, rumors and more rumors.
Then this

JAN 7: BILL'S DONE, SAYS GLAZER - Unlike too many in the national media, FOX's Jay Glazer does not throw crap against the wall to see if it sticks. And Glazer on Sunday morning is reporting that Belichick is done in New England.

"As far as who's gone ... it's a matter of whether they fire him ... or trade him,'' Glazer said.

According to ESPN...uh huh. yah, shure, you betcha.

I'm sort of hoping that Bob goes into the meeting hoping Bill bends the knee and begs for another chance and Bill
instead tells him to go fuck himself.

And then he walks off into the sunset, broken but unbowed. The last of his kind. Roll the credits.

I'm sort of hoping that Bob goes into the meeting hoping Bill bends the knee and begs for another chance and Bill
instead tells him to go fuck himself.

And then he walks off into the sunset, broken but unbowed. The last of his kind. Roll the credits.
Mr. Kraft wouldn’t take kindly to that level of disrespect.

Mr. Kraft wouldn’t take kindly to that level of disrespect.

No, probably not, but If it's an ass-kissing he's looking for I'm sure there will be a number of
suitors. Josh McD was allegedly at the game and he'd pucker up for another shot
at a head job.

No, probably not, but If it's an ass-kissing he's looking for I'm sure there will be a number of
at a head job.

McDaniels as an OC—I'm all for it.

As a HC... all I can say is Bob better have a contingency plan or accept it's gonna be all downhill from here.

McDaniels as an OC—I'm all for it.

As a HC... all I can say is Bob better have a contingency plan or accept it's gonna be all downhill from here.

While my preference, by a wide margin, is for Bill to return-- if they do fire him I think the question becomes
whether you want a complete change of the Belichick system or you hire somebody that grew up in it and would presumably
retain aspects of it.

I hope whoever they bring in allows the players to express themselves more with creative TD celebration choreography and
he (OR she) puts a basketball hoop in the meeting theater like the Phins have. You know....cool stuff that the millenials will relate to.

Maybe even pioneer a "practice from home" a few days a week and we'll see how that goes.

at a head job.
That’s absolutely disgusting not to mention disrespectful to the greatest owner in professional sports. Mr. Kraft doesn’t select his employees based on their ability to flatter him but rather based on his years and years of experience as a successful businessman.

Commissioner Goodell singled out Mr. Kraft about he was instrumental to shaping the league as we know it today by closely aligning with other owners.

Back