Will the Panthers go 16-0?

So, other than Seattle before they went on a roll against shitty teams, how many playoff teams has Carolina played this year and beaten convincingly? I'm frankly not all that impressed at this point, with either Carolina or Seattle. I expect short appearances in the playoffs for both. :coffee:

Outside of a garbage time comeback (like the Giants staged this Sunday) by the Packers, really, nobody.

I still think the conference is Arizona's to lose, even without Matthieu. It will hurt not having him in the Super Bowl, however. The only NFC team that can really go "multiple" and expose the absence is, in theory, the Packers, although they've regressed into a steaming pile of dogshit since the first month of the season.

There are at least 4 AFC (playoff) teams who are capable of doing that. :shrug:

Seattle's gotten better since they quit running the ball 100 times a game. Seems like Wilson's really coming into his own with the training wheels taken off. That said, you can still Tyrod Taylor him. Keep him in the pocket, jam the receivers, etc.

Also, Seattle's defense isn't scary at all, anymore. I dunno what happened. Same players, pretty much. The stats are about the same, but the turnovers are way down. Maybe that's it?

Also, Seattle's defense isn't scary at all, anymore. I dunno what happened. Same players, pretty much. The stats are about the same, but the turnovers are way down. Maybe that's it?

like Rocky, they need Creed to come take them back to the basics and lose the showmanship.

Which regular season is more impressive? 2007 Pats or 2015 Panthers?

The inclination is obviously to say the Patriots, but we're Patriots fans.

Carolina's @ Seattle win was pretty impressive, and they've beaten the bag out of a lot of teams. Neither team was playing a murderer's row.

like Rocky, they need Creed to come take them back to the basics and lose the showmanship.

I think maybe it's just time for a new coach.

But I think Paul Allen will make that move a year too late, rather than a year too early.

Petey's a good two years past his "sell-by" date as it is.

But I think Paul Allen will make that move a year too late, rather than a year too early.

they need an ass like Bill to follow Poodle Pete.

Would it be a good time to drop Pete and go after Payton? NO is done with him and the Giants are calling but Eli is old and Wilson is just starting to expand his control of the offense, could be a perfect Brees type in a Payton offense.

You may be technically correct about Petey's coaching, but firing a guy who came within one jack-assed play call of being this year's two-time defending Super Bowl champion head coach? :huh:

I don't think even Paul Allen could afford the PR effort he would need to repair his image after that move. Unless, somehow, Petey's replacement dragged them kicking and screaming to another Super Bowl victory.

Would it be a good time to drop Pete and go after Payton? NO is done with him and the Giants are calling but Eli is old and Wilson is just starting to expand his control of the offense, could be a perfect Brees type in a Payton offense.

That would be too good of a fit. Payton's still relatively young too, he could have a nice long run there. I like it.

You may be technically correct about Petey's coaching, but firing a guy who came within one jack-assed play call of being this year's two-time defending Super Bowl champion head coach? :huh:

I don't think even Paul Allen could afford the PR effort he would need to repair his image after that move. Unless, somehow, Petey's replacement dragged them kicking and screaming to another Super Bowl victory.

That's why I said Allen wouldn't do it. :coffee:

It's not like he has a ton of experience with Abalone Pete's track record. Rah-Rah for three years, and the team tunes out. His players were so young, that he was able to keep that train rolling for an extra couple of years.

If he had the balls to do it, he would. But all the ****ing 12s would shit their pants, so he won't, and Petey won't see the door after a 6-10 finish in 2018.

Grady Little likes this

I've never liked that nickname.

It implies that there's something wrong with poodles.
no offense, we had a poodle when I was a young child and Tommy was my dog until my allergy almost killed me. I thought my mother was going to give me up and keep the dog.

Grady Little likes this

no offense, we had a poodle when I was a young child and Tommy was my dog until my allergy almost killed me. I thought my mother was going to give me up and keep the dog.

I've never been the same since. :coffee:

During the Panthers/Giants pre-game warmup, Carolina players were like "14-0. We're making history!"

I guess they forgot about the Patriots.

During the Panthers/Giants pre-game warmup, Carolina players were like "14-0. We're making history!"

I guess they forgot about the Patriots.

Had the Patriots gone undefeated in the regular season, followed that up with a Super Bowl win, and subsequently claimed that as a historical achievement, would you accuse them of forgetting about the 1972 Dolphins? :huh:

Had the Patriots gone undefeated in the regular season, followed that up with a Super Bowl win, and subsequently claimed that as a historical achievement, would you accuse them of forgetting about the 1972 Dolphins? :huh:

No, because the Dolphins happened before the 16-0 season. So it's almost like comparing two different things.

When a team has already gone 16-0 in the 16-0 era, there's no making history getting ready to go 14-0.

No, because the Dolphins happened before the 16-0 season. So it's almost like comparing two different things.

When a team has already gone 16-0 in the 16-0 era, there's no making history getting ready to go 14-0.

That, and teams have gone 14-0 before too, IIRC, before finishing 15-1 or 14-2.

Payton would be awesome in Sea.
I am of the mind he is a great HC with a shitty GM. No other coach with Loomis ever did jack crap but him, and the team has a bunch of terrible contracts he is coaching around. Only weakness is that he seems to be not so hot at hiring a staff. If he had a good GM, that would probably help that too.

Payton would be awesome in Sea.
I am of the mind he is a great HC with a shitty GM. No other coach with Loomis ever did jack crap but him, and the team has a bunch of terrible contracts he is coaching around. Only weakness is that he seems to be not so hot at hiring a staff. If he had a good GM, that would probably help that too.

He also doesn't come off like a complete jackass the way many other HCs down (see: Tomlin).

He also doesn't come off like a complete jackass the way many other HCs down (see: Tomlin).

Sean is kind of a sarcastic ass sometimes, but I like that. Especially when he directs it at stupid media questions. He seems to be more old school in mentality. I hate this new wave of coaches who cry and or boast publicly about everything and never actually lose, like Mike "UNLEASH HELL (but lose to the Raiders)"Tomlin and Harbawl.

Seeing the Pats lose on Sunday was painful. But seeing the Panthers lose their shot at 16-0 definitely made up for it.

Back