Worst songs ever

That god-awful "chicken dance" song (accompanied by all the morons who dance to it - children excluded) they feel compelled to play at weddings and such.

That and that "celebrate good times come on" song they seem to play for any kind of get together. :banghead:

I hate 99% of country music, and I hated Pearl Jam always. Alot of the hip hop genre is horribly overrated as well.

Many, many years ago, Hawg and I banged out a list like this which we called "Hell's Jukebox."

Our #1 was "I Am Woman." In fact, Helen Reddy made the Top Ten twice, also with "Delta Dawn."

I recall nominating "Spinnin' Wheel," which Hawg rejected until I made a case by reminding him that it had the lyric:
"Count on yer troubles it's a cryin' sin/
Ride the painted pony let the spinnin' wheel spi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-innnn"

And Stuart Scott-like "Big Ups" to Ras for including "We Built This City" if for no other reason than
"Knee deep in the hoopla".

I hate to do this to you all in my first post here, but the WORST song in History is Mickey by Toni Basil...

Oh Mickey your so fine...your so fine you blow my mind...ney mickey...heat mickey...

That will be stuck in your head for the rest of the day

Carry on:banghead:

Alcoholic9 said:
That god-awful "chicken dance" song (accompanied by all the morons who dance to it - children excluded) they feel compelled to play at weddings and such.

That and that "celebrate good times come on" song they seem to play for any kind of get together. :banghead:

I was at a wedding once and watched the chicken dance being performed by otherwise normal-seeming people and wondered what would happen if our society was destroyed in some horrible apocaplyse and it took mankind 1000 years to rebuild and the survivors, having lost all trace of the past civilization, then found a playable wedding video featuring the chicken dance.

What would they think?

Probably that it was a prelude to some cannibalistic orgy.

MeatLoaf : "I Would Do Anything for Love (but I won't do that)" ummmm.... WTF Meat?

Rick Astley : anything by him. Just the sound of his voice makes me want to kick my kids.

Band Aid : "Do They Know it's Christmas" ..yeah, Bob Geldof's heart was in the right place, but I would have given more money to the Ethiopians if they just would have shut the hell up (Band Aid that is, not the Ethiopians).

Peter Cetera : "Glory of Love"

Black Crows : "Remedy"

Trooper (??) : "Raise a little hell" ...I'm not sure I got the band right, or even if that's the proper title. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that it was Alabama, or somebody like that. The rednecks I grew up with in school would blast it from their ****-kickin' pickups and make 'em play it at every friggin' dance or party, and I wanted to puke every time I heard it.

:D

Benign Despot said:
I hate to do this to you all in my first post here, but the WORST song in History is Mickey by Toni Basil...

Oh Mickey your so fine...your so fine you blow my mind...ney mickey...heat mickey...

That will be stuck in your head for the rest of the day

Carry on:banghead:

Welcome to the board, BD. And :4321: for the ear worm. ;)

I've got quite a few songs I hate, way too many to list. So here's a brief rundown:

1. Any and all songs by Nirvana, System of a Down, Korn, Rage Against the Machine, Limp Bizkit or any other rap-metal groups.

2. Any and all rap, dance, R&B, hip-hop.

3. Anything done by Toby Kieth.

4. Anything done by Metallica after the Black Album.

Well, that's my list for now, I'll check back later with more.:D

IndyPatriotfan said:

1. Any and all songs by Nirvana, System of a Down, Korn, Rage Against the Machine, Limp Bizkit or any other rap-metal groups.

:high: :huh: :shrug:
Just can't understand how Limp Bizkit can't grow on ya. And I'm the Neil Diamond fan ;)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
:high: :huh: :shrug:
Just can't understand how Limp Bizkit can't grow on ya. And I'm the Neil Diamond fan ;)
Fred Durst, to me anyways, sounds like he's whining all the time. Reminds me of Colt fans.

"Hey Jude," by the Beatles, is one of the most depressing and boring songs I have heard. It is easily the most overrated song in the history of music.

I just remembered these horror's.
Shatner did a couple of spoken songs.
He covered Mr. tamborine man. It ends with him screetching Mr. Tamborine man like a kid running after an ice cream truck.
He also butchered lucy in the sky with diamonds. ( and MARMALADE skies!!)

around the same time the butler from the TV show "family affair", Sabastain Cabot,
did an album entitled Bob Dylan poet, Sabastian Cabot actor.
Winces all around..

fulltilt said:
I just remembered these horror's.
Shatner did a couple of spoken songs.
He covered Mr. tamborine man. It ends with him screetching Mr. Tamborine man like a kid running after an ice cream truck.
He also butchered lucy in the sky with diamonds. ( and MARMALADE skies!!)

Shatner just did a new CD with Ben Folds that is critically not bad, have not heard it so I don't know

TipRoast said:
"Hey Jude," by the Beatles, is one of the most depressing and boring songs I have heard. It is easily the most overrated song in the history of music.

It wouldn't be so bad if it ended after a decent length, but it just goes on and on and on with the same words over and over and over. "American Pie" is long too, but at least he has new words for each verse, right?

TrueBeliever said:
It wouldn't be so bad if it ended after a decent length, but it just goes on and on and on with the same words over and over and over. "American Pie" is long too, but at least he has new words for each verse, right?

so do you like stairway to heaven?

I got another one. In high school, based on a friend's recommendation, I bought the Black Sabbath album Dehumanizer . I never bought another CD based on that guy's word again.

I could only listen to the first two songs on it, after that I just stopped it and put it back in my CD rack. When I discovered used CD stores in college, it was one of the first ones I took there to be sold.

I can't remember the actual name of the track, but they have this singer who sounds like a strangled cat yelling "WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THE DEAD/WILL YOU FORGIVE ME FOR LIVING/I SAW IN A BOOK I ONCE READ".

Horrible. Since then, I have never bought a post-Ozzy Sabbath album.

TrueBeliever said:
I don't mind American Pie, or long songs in general - Free Bird (Skynnrd), Green Grass and High Tides (Outlaws), and Loan Me A Dime (Boz Scaggs) are among my all-time favorites, with an honorable mention to Edward the Mad Shirt Grinder (Quicksilver Messenger Service). But if I'm going to listen to a long song, there should be something appealing in it.

Back