Would The Pats Be Better Off Trading Brady And Keeping Cassel?

Thanks. So, Roethlisbugger is Better than Brady AND Manning. Stillers are the team of the Decade. The Pats cheated their way to three superbowls. And the Pats should trade Brady. And this pissy little troll won't declare himself. He just sniffs around asking "valid" questions, and hoping he can take out the stranger :jerkit: and get happy over the responses.

I don't really believe in Assclownig (once I know who the idiots are I can play wth them - or not- on my own terms). but this guy is a solid candidate for those who do. You can only wear pink leotards and pretend your toe-dancing for so long.

Cheers, BostonTim

Think about it this way, he is a steeler fan, he hates the pats, and he wants the pats to get rid of brady and keep cassel. That should tell you all you need to know. Fans of other teams would love nothing better than to see the pats get rid of brady and keep cassel, so there is your answer to what they should do.

Who's "we", paleface?

I have no doubt that at some point next season, Tom will not make a play with his legs that Matt might or would have made, and the thought that Matt would have made it will flash through OUR heads.

That doesn't mean that WE are not better off with Tom and a smaller trade haul. WE are.

Yeah, those are the kneejerk buffoons. But thankfully not all are like that.

and they are the majority of sports fans regardless of allegiance to team, I agree exactly with what DS said because it happens here a ton as well.

Think about it this way, he is a steeler fan, he hates the pats, and he wants the pats to get rid of brady and keep cassel. That should tell you all you need to know. Fans of other teams would love nothing better than to see the pats get rid of brady and keep cassel, so there is your answer to what they should do.

I said you guys are idiots if you do trade him(Brady), or for even making these cassel/brady comparisons after 1 year!

Every question is fair, here is the issue.
If I asked if we were better off trading Tom for the picks and keeping Jonathan Kraft at QB, that would be an unfair question.

The thread starter might be a troll but MC's upside, youth and likely smaller trade haul, and Tom's coming back from injury status, makes the question legit in my mind, even if the answer -- "no" -- is fairly obvious.

If I asked if we were better off trading Tom for the picks and keeping Jonathan Kraft at QB, that would be an unfair question.

The thread starter might be a troll but MC's upside, youth and likely smaller trade haul, and Tom's coming back from injury status, makes the question legit in my mind, even if the answer -- "no" -- is fairly obvious.
I don't disagree. But intent factors in. If you asked me. I'd assume your good faith and answer the question. If NFL FAN 73 asks me I'll assume, legit Q or not, that his intent is to stir up KaKa.

I'd be dealing in those instances with the same question, but different issues.

Cheers, BostonTim

I have no doubt that at some point next season, Tom will not make a play with his legs that Matt might or would have made, and the thought that Matt would have made it will flash through OUR heads.

That doesn't mean that WE are not better off with Tom and a smaller trade haul. WE are.

That is not going to happen, anyone at this point that even compare the two need help. For the one time brady did not make a play with his legs, he is making 40 with his arm. The goal is to win, if you do that running, great, if you do that passing, then great, but the goal is winning, not what each would do on a particular play.

I said you guys are idiots if you do trade him(Brady), or for even making these cassel/brady comparisons after 1 year!

I was not talking about you.

Hey guys, I'm just calling it like I see it. It's very intriguing. The Pats have 2 very good quarterbacks. One is a young talent who more than proved himself last year, The other a 3-time SB winner, who may never be the same after a major knee injury. Look at Culpepper and Palmer, both are not the same quarterbacks after similar injuries. The Pats will have to let one go. Just like when they chose Brady over Bledsoe in 2002.

IN BB WE TRUST! what ever he decides is going to be the best option for the team. There are no talks of trading Brady. BB loves Brady, there is no way he is gunna let him go. I'm telling you people, by the end of next week monday we will have 2 picks in each of the top 3 rounds!... maybe even Julious Peppers if Carolina Franchises the beast

Hey guys, I'm just calling it like I see it. It's very intriguing. The Pats have 2 very good quarterbacks. One is a young talent who more than proved himself last year, The other a 3-time SB winner, who may never be the same after a major knee injury. Look at Culpepper and Palmer, both are not the same quarterbacks after similar injuries. The Pats will have to let one go. Just like when they chose Brady over Bledsoe in 2002.

Just answer this, do the Pats do better or worse then 11-5 if Brady never goes down?

Just answer this, do the Pats do better or worse then 11-5 if Brady never goes down?

In defense of NFL FAN u can't ask that question. its unfair.

Brady went down, we had to deal with it. Now what happens in the next season we will see how he has recovered from the injury. There are plenty of QBs that have come back from that injury and are just the same as they were.

Put your post through Troll-Decto-Meter -

Hey guys, I'm just an asshole trying to stir the shit. It's very cool to do so. The Pats have 2 very good quarterbacks who I can't stand. One is a young talent who more than proved himself last year because of the system, The other a 3-time SB winner and the ultimate system quarterback, who may never be the same after a major knee injury which I hope because I can't stand the guy. Look at Culpepper and Palmer, both are not the same quarterbacks after similar injuries and I laugh at them on a daily basis. The Pats will have to let one go and I hope its Brady as the Pats are beasts with him at the helm and my team doesn't stand a chance. Just like when they chose Brady over Bledsoe in 2002 which has no bearing on what I am saying because I have no idea what I am saying or typing because my head is up my ass. I hope you guys suck next year and don't see through this little charade I am playing here as I am a troll in disguise and this gets me off when there is no ICarly or Mily Cyrus shows on the Disney Channel.Now, excuse, I have a clean tube sock waiting for me.

This is a question that needs to be revisited now and again, because my/our opinions might change slightly as time passes.

My answer? Let's put it this way

Scenario #1: It's the 2009 preseason, and Tom Brady is starting the first game. Already, I am happy he is on the field as the quarterback, and those old feelings of 'here comes another masterpiece by Brady and the Patriots' come back like they never left.

Scenario #2: Tom Brady has been traded. It is the opening game of the 2009 preseason. Matt Cassel is on the field as the starting qb of the Patriots. Already, I'm wondering how things are going to work out. I know the best thing would be to have Tom Brady out there on the field. I could handle last year (2008), because I 'knew' Brady would be back now. But he isn't, so my mind fills with questions about the future of the Patriots.

Yeah, I think scenario #1 is much better than scenario #2.

But who knows? The future in 'unknowable' right now. Anything is possible. Just ask Kevin Garnett!

Culpepper was not good before his knee injury, palmer had 2 4000 yard seasons after his, so what do those two have to do with brady? Oh and when they chose brady over bledsoe, bledsoe was not coming off a MVP season and had won 3 superbowls, so no, its not like that and the pats are not choosing, brady is their Qb who was hurt and Matt filled in nicely.

Every question is fair, here is the issue. How many points would brady have got if he played this year that were not got because cassel was in? The same can be asked both ways, the difference is, brady is 14-3 in the playoffs has 3 superbowl rings and came off a mvp season. Now what that says is that brady has done it, he has proven he can do pretty much all there is to do. Cassel has not, cassel has proven that he is a pretty good Qb in the right circumstance that has become better than he was. Nobody knows what cassel will become, he looks great, he has done well, but thats all we know, we can guess, we can argue, but thats it. What we do know, is what brady is and the only question is his knee, which I feel a lot better about being hurt on brady than if it was cassel that was hurt, because brady has excelled and done all that without running around, without breaking down the field on runs. People can guess what would be better, but I am pretty sure the pats know which is the best way to go, so I will go with that.
ROFL

Classic.

Back