0/562

Den-in-NH

Happy For Tom
Reaction score
562 - this is the number of touches BenJarvus Green-Ellis has in his NFL career including rushes, receptions and returns.

0 - This is the number of fumbles he has.

Amazing. Law Firm gets some acknowledgement in today's sports section of the Wall Street Journal - highlighting his incredible streak of non-fumbles.

I was actually having this conversation at the stadium with a Dolphins fan during the Fins game. He was touting Reggie Bush and bashing BJGE. I said I'd take BJGE over Bush due to his consistancy in securing the ball and I pointed out that he's never fumbled. The Dolphins fan could not believe it - he thought I had to be wrong. In fact many Pats fans were surprised when I mentioned this fact.

It's the longest streak in NFL history to start a career.

It's simply amazing and considering how bad goal-line fumbles hurt your team (Maroney!) - I'd take BJGE over anybody in the league for short yardage/goal line situations. He's simply the best at securing the ball.

Way to go Benny! :thumb:

Ugh. It is a great accomplishment but the fact that it is being mentioned scares me.

If you add in college and high school he's probably over 1000

562 - this is the number of touches BenJarvus Green-Ellis has in his NFL career including rushes, receptions and returns.

Amazing. Law Firm gets some acknowledgement in today's sports section of the Wall Street Journal - highlighting his incredible streak of non-fumbles.

I was actually having this conversation at the stadium with a Dolphins fan during the Fins game. He was touting Reggie Bush and bashing BJGE. I said I'd take BJGE over Bush due to his consistancy in securing the ball and I pointed out that he's never fumbled. The Dolphins fan could not believe it - he thought I had to be wrong. In fact many Pats fans were surprised when I mentioned this fact.

It's simply amazing and considering how bad goal-line fumbles hurt your team (Maroney!) - I'd take BJGE over anybody in the league for short yardage/goal line situations. He's simply the best at securing the ball.

Shouldn't we leave jinxing commentary to the announcers who do it for a living?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Why did you do that? :shake:

If you add in college and high school he's probably over 1000

He actually had ten fumbles during college. Certainly not a lot for a featured back over a four-period but, I don't think anyone would have predicted this streak back then. He's obviously made some adjustments or improvements. Whatever the case, keep rocking! :rockon:

1/2863

2863 the number of posts Den made before this ill timed post.

Shouldn't we leave jinxing commentary to the announcers who do it for a living?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

You guys are killing me with this jinx karma bullshit.

It's a great feat, it's been acknowledged today by a major newspaper with a great article, it deserves recognition and warrants acknowledgement. This is on of our own and is definately praise-worthy!

My mentioning it will have no impact on whether Law Firm fumbles or not this week. What will have an impact is how he carries the ball - and he obviously does that very well.

Man, trying to give one of our guys some recognition and you guys turn it into some damn karma, luck, jinx, superstitious crap.

Sorry, but some of us don't believe in that garbage.

I do believe, however, in acknowledging a great accomplishment by one of our players - he deserves attention for this and I, for one, am glad WSJ gave it to him.

It's a great feat, it's been acknowledged today by a major newspaper with a great article, it deserves recognition and warrants acknowledgement. This is on of our own and is definately praise-worthy!

My mentioning it will have no impact on whether Law Firm fumbles or not this week. What will have an impact is how he carries the ball - and he obviously does that very well.

Man, trying to give one of our guys some recognition and you guys turn it into some damn karma, luck, jinx, superstitious crap.

I do believe, however, in acknowledging a great accomplishment by one of our players - he deserves attention for this and I, for one, am glad WSJ gave it to him.

Why does the wall Street Journal hate our football team?

:sulk:

He actually had ten fumbles during college. Certainly not a lot for a featured back over a four-period but, I don't think anyone would have predicted this streak back then. He's obviously made some adjustments or improvements. Whatever the case, keep rocking! :rockon:

Really? I thought I heard somewhere he had never fumbled at any level. Don't believe everything you hear I guess :doh:

Guys, sorry but, karma, if you believe in it, its already too late....Reed was on the radio yesterday and said every time they have a road game that he does not eat a Burger and fries, they lose and he plans to eat one before this game, so the pats are already doomed. Sorry I had to be the one break the news....

There is nothing not to believe if you watch sports.

Guy on TV says QB has thrown 200 passes without an INT, bingo, INT within minutes.

Kicker lines up. Guy in room says he hasn't missed a FG less than 30 yards all year. Bingo, wide right.

Poster on internet calls out RB hasn't fumbled yet in NFL career. Bingo. RB fumbles.

We are doomed.

Surely this one post changes nothing? I've heard several commentators talk about the fact that Benny has never fumbled the ball in his pro career several times and yet he's still never fumbled it despite commentators jinxing several other things (one that sticks in my mind is first game of the season against the Dolphins and they were talking about the number of pass attempts Brady had since his last INT, either the next play or a couple plays later, he's picked off, albeit there was a bad deflection off a lineman.)

And some of us do.

I know that sports fan (and athletes for that matter) are a superstitious lot by nature, but you guys are taking this too far.

A great article in a major national media outlet gives one of our guys some recognition for an amazing accomplishment and I thought it was cool so I thought I'd share it with you.

If we're all worried about jinxes and whatnot what does that mean - we can't talk about any positive aspect of our team? We can't talk about this week's game or matchup in any manner without putting some kind of cosmic curse on our Patriots? Well what the hell are we doing here then?

The Patriots don't need luck this weekend - they need to execute, and I like our chances in that regard.

Whatever happens will be dictated by the play on the field, not what we post here. To suggest some sort of cosmic interference by us, diminshes the ability of our team and disregards the achievements and talents of our guys playing the game. Sorry, I don't get it.

I like the fact that BJGE is getting some national attention. He deserves it. It's an awesome accomplishment and deserves recognition.

oLOL

You may be on the wrong board. Patriots Planet was practically founded on the karmic principle. My first post 8 years ago was in the karma thread.

Not saying you're alone in your thoughts....but it's a small island.

I know that sports fan (and athletes for that matter) are a superstitious lot by nature, but you guys are taking this too far.

A great article in a major national media outlet gives one of our guys some recognition for an amazing accomplishment and I thought it was cool so I thought I'd share it with you.

If we're all worried about jinxes and whatnot what does that mean - we can't talk about any positive aspect of our team? We can't talk about this week's game or matchup in any manner without putting some kind of cosmic curse on our Patriots? Well what the hell are we doing here then?

The Patriots don't need luck this weekend - they need to execute, and I like our chances in that regard.

Whatever happens will be dictated by the play on the field, not what we post here. To suggest some sort of cosmic interference by us, diminshes the ability of our team and disregards the achievements and talents of our guys playing the game. Sorry, I don't get it.

I like the fact that BJGE is getting some national attention. He deserves it. It's an awesome accomplishment and deserves recognition.

This is all 100% true.

But still.....whytakechances????:fingerscrossed::cool:

Back