2012 Free Agent Thread - Patriots Only

I want him in NE, Jaric, so I am interested, & hoping the Pats are 1 of the teams pursuing. :)

No news on Lloyd; that may be good news for Pats.

shalise manza young ‏ @shalisemyoung source to #Bills writer @gggaughan: Buffalo wants to make Mario Williams highest-paid defensive player in NFL http://bit.ly/A9R89Q

I'm having a hard time imagining Mario as a Bill.

Question is - what does he value more, a greater wad of cash with little chance of playoffs or a smaller wad of cash, the opportunity to play with a great coach, and have success in the playoffs?

Going by what NFL.com says about who is interested in Williams, I note that they all have one thing in common, they rarely ever reach the playoffs.

It's sad that most players now are more interested in how much money they can make rather than having success.

#Winning free agency

It's the same thing every year. We see other teams make big splashed and we resign some scrubs & special teamers.

Pats can't afford big splashes, but I would like to see the Pats making the major moves early, set out your stall and say "we would like to sign x, y and z" rather than tiptoeing around, one of these days a quality player will say "I want to be a Patriot" and Pats will hold off making any moves for him, and then he goes to another team, all because the Pats didn't make a move for him.

Bills are really pulling out all the stops to sign Williams, BB needs to move and needs to move FAST if we want to have any chance of signing him.

Not really sure what Mario is looking for (money or success), but it really looks like Mario Williams will be a Buffalo Bill.

Not really sure what Mario is looking for (money or success), but it really looks like Mario Williams will be a Buffalo Bill.

Most certainly a case of "early bird catches the first worm" - there is a player who would fit right in our team, who may be on the expensive side but would be a major coup if signed and what do we do. Nothing. Instead we resign Koutivedes and Slater.

I know that's not how the Pats work but sometimes, you just gotta bite the bullet and swallow your pride and chase after these guys, they ain't gonna come crawling to you

Bills are really pulling out all the stops to sign Williams, BB needs to move and needs to move FAST if we want to have any chance of signing him.

Don't hold your breath, mate.

Don't hold your breath, mate.

+1. I don't think we will see any big signing by the Patriots. They will sign two or three veterans for decent money and probaly half a dozen JAGs I never heard of and in the end we will field a good, competitive team despite the lack of a blockbuster free agent siging.

I presume we were interested in him. But as it turns out, not in his price.
It's pretty simple. in some ways, for Bill. He setts a value and when the price goes over, he goes home. Unequaled discipline.

Cheers, BostonTim

Back