2012 Red Sox

Many RS fans talk about getting rid of Beckett. It should be done but everyone should also remember that MLB, unlike the NFL, has guaranteed contracts. I don't know what his contract status is or the $$ involved but if he is traded the RS might still have to eat part of his remaining contract and if he is just dismissed from the team, the RS will most likely still have to pay him the rest of his contract.

Am I correct?

Many RS fans talk about getting rid of Beckett. It should be done but everyone should also remember that MLB, unlike the NFL, has guaranteed contracts. I don't know what his contract status is or the $$ involved but if he is traded the RS might still have to eat part of his remaining contract and if he is just dismissed from the team, the RS will most likely still have to pay him the rest of his contract.

Am I correct?

Yup. But most Red Sox fans are talking about a trade, for the most part. The Red Sox would likely have to eat a nice portion of Beckett's contract to make that happen; but they're supposed to be a big market team.

Those "strikes" called against Brett Lawrie last night made me want to puke. I'm honestly sick and tired of umpires in baseball being able to do basically whatever they damn well please with no fear of repercussions. They can blow calls and perform terribly and are never called out on it. Moreover, many of them are like little kids on power trips.

The MLB has been protecting these idiots for long enough. Where is the accountability? It's sickening and a good reason to avoid watching ball games.

Are the trade beckett cries dying down yet?:coffee:

He's still a knucklehead, but now that he's pitching well he'll bring better value. I think they'll try and trade him before the deadline.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't, I thought winning was the goal.

I don't, I thought winning was the goal.
There was a report on WEEI(I think ) that said that papi called team meeting and the players told the pitchers to step it up. Maybe they listened :shrug:

Awesome trade Ben...always good to get a bag of used baseballs and a six pack of cheap beer in return for a perennial All-Star.

I'm so sick of this team.

Awesome trade Ben...always good to get a bag of used baseballs and a six pack of cheap beer in return for a perennial All-Star.

I'm so sick of this team.

Addition by subtraction....

He had to go.

I'm just wondering. Mon-Thurs, July 16-19 White Sox in town for four straight 7:10 starts.

Does Youk go 13-19 with 3 HRs and 12 RBI??? Somethin' like that? I wouldn't be surprised.

Cheers, BostonTim

I'm just wondering. Mon-Thurs, July 16-19 White Sox in town for four straight 7:10 starts.

Does Youk go 13-19 with 3 HRs and 12 RBI??? Somethin' like that? I wouldn't be surprised.

Cheers, BostonTim

He hasn't done that in like 5 years...so....sure!

you didn't like youkilis, mikie?
I know he is near the end of his career & that will middlebrooks certainly looks like the real deal, but i always thought that youk was a fan favorite of sox nation.

The good riddance comment makes me think i'm wrong about that
i am hoping it is part of a cleansing of the clubhouse, that soon the team will become likable again.

I believe bobby v is here to take a hit while trying to keep the team competitive as the front office cleans out all the bitches from last september. Youk is rumored to be the leak and it was either youk or the combination becket, lester, buchholz that had to go - plus middlebrooks forced the hand early.

You didn't like Youkilis, Mikie?
I know he is near the end of his career & that Will Middlebrooks certainly looks like the real deal, but I always thought that Youk was a fan favorite of Sox nation.

The good riddance comment makes me think I'm wrong about that

Watch how Youkilis throws hissy fits after he strikes out. Or grounds out. Or pops out. It's embarrassing. There was a time when I, as a fan, let that go - but the act has really worn thin over the last 3 years.

Sure, Beckett should have been the one to go instead of Youkilis, but I'm fine with it working out this way too.

Thank you Kevin for all you brought to this team. But time marches on and now is Middlebrooks time. Best wishes always Youk.

i am hoping it is part of a cleansing of the clubhouse, that soon the team will become likable again.

I believe bobby v is here to take a hit while trying to keep the team competitive as the front office cleans out all the bitches from last september. Youk is rumored to be the leak and it was either youk or the combination becket, lester, buchholz that had to go - plus middlebrooks forced the hand early.

This team isn't going to be likeable again until Beckett and Lackey are gone for good.

Who is this "Lackey" that you speak of? He hasn't shown up once.

This guy. :coffee:

(NSFW)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ruA29vo7Zuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back