2016 Game 3. Texans @ Patriots

:Lwelcome:

So, I guess fans of the Texans don't live in the delusional world that fans of that other team in Texas do?

Well, we don't have the history that other team does, but yeah, we've got our own bit of delusion working in Houston.

I don't live in Houston, so I'm not affected as much.

Well, we don't have the history that other team does, but yeah, we've got our own bit of delusion working in Houston.

I don't live in Houston, so I'm not affected as much.

How do you guys feel about the Brockstar at this point?

How do you guys feel about the Brockstar at this point?

Some think he's the second coming.

Most are taking a wait & see approach. Based more on Bill O'Brien saying he can make a top QB out of him.

There's a minority who believe this is the worse mistake we've ever made as a franchise & see no possible way of it working out.

Overall, none of us think he's earned the money, but we're past talking about it.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

At the bottom of QBR. Towards the bottom in completion %. 3 TD's and 3 INT's.
I don't think he looks too good.

Yeah, that seems to be the opinion coming out of Colorado

If the Pats can win this one with not only all the other things they have going on but also basically playing against their own team as far as coaching staff, I might have to break out the #19-0. Talk about long odds.

If the Pats can win this one with not only all the other things they have going on but also basically playing against their own team as far as coaching staff, I might have to break out the #19-0. Talk about long odds.

I feel good about this one.

Some think he's the second coming.

Most are taking a wait & see approach. Based more on Bill O'Brien saying he can make a top QB out of him.

There's a minority who believe this is the worse mistake we've ever made as a franchise & see no possible way of it working out.

Overall, none of us think he's earned the money, but we're past talking about it.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Yeah, that seems to be the opinion coming out of Colorado

Like most Bronco fans, I'm a bit pissed at Osweiler for his decisions. Not much more to do than move forward, and move forward the Broncos have. That said, I will look at it with a fair eye, and my eyes are seeing a below average QB making above average salary. His numbers would be acceptable if he were making below average money, but he's not. Therefore right now, he's a bust.

Like most Bronco fans, I'm a bit pissed at Osweiler for his decisions. Not much more to do than move forward, and move forward the Broncos have. That said, I will look at it with a fair eye, and my eyes are seeing a below average QB making above average salary. His numbers would be acceptable if he were making below average money, but he's not. Therefore right now, he's a bust.

They're going to win that division, it's just a matter of how many losses they'll have. They will get a home playoff game because of it but will be on WC weekend.

I think the idea for them going forward is that he progress and rely on their defense. Not really sure people care about his QBR right now as long as they're winning and he improves week to week. All of this, of course, is contingent that he stays healthy.

Houston needed a QB, and he was arguably the best available on the open market for them at the time

BoB had Brady in New England. He managed to parlay a HC position at Penn State and one in the NFL based on that. He's had two former NE QBs in Mallet and Hoyer, neither of whom have done squat.

When you start paying attention to these types of details, it's amazing just how bad the vast majority of coaches in the league are. I still remember Brian Billick coming to coach the Ratbirds with the "offensive genius" label attached to him...real easy to be an offensive genius when you have Randall Cunningham/Daunte Culpeper, Chris Carter, Randy Moss and Robert Smith...not so much with Trent Dilfer and Kyle Boller.

We will be fine with Jacoby. The Texans will have their letterman jackets ready and lay an egg.
I thought they looked cute in them.

texansbig125348-415x215.jpg

ROFL

They're going to win that division, it's just a matter of how many losses they'll have. They will get a home playoff game because of it but will be on WC weekend.

I think the idea for them going forward is that he progress and rely on their defense. Not really sure people care about his QBR right now as long as they're winning and he improves week to week. All of this, of course, is contingent that he stays healthy.

Houston needed a QB, and he was arguably the best available on the open market for them at the time

The Texans are 2-0 because of their strong defense. Much like the Broncos. Difference? How much each team is paying their QB. Oz signed a $70+mil contract. He has played well below that. All is good now because they are winning, but if JJ Watt gets hurt and the Texan D isn't there to pick them up, the QB situation will be a huge topic and things will go badly. Quickly.

But, if he was still a Donko...he'd just need moar time...right? :coffee:

If the Broncos paid him $70+ mil I would expect top QB immediately. Oz and Siemian have nearly the same numbers. One QB is a top paid QB the other is on a rookie contract. Huge difference.

The Texans are 2-0 because of their strong defense. Much like the Broncos. Difference? How much each team is paying their QB. Oz signed a $70+mil contract. He has played well below that. All is good now because they are winning, but if JJ Watt gets hurt and the Texan D isn't there to pick them up, the QB situation will be a huge topic and things will go badly. Quickly.

We can list all of this under the heading 'Things likely to happen by Week 11'.

As per usual, you missed the point.

I acknowledged their D, they needed a QB and he was the best available to them at the time. Did they overpay for him? Maybe, but they got him on the open market and didn't have to give up anything on the current roster which is pretty good.

I also said that they're going to allow him to progress every week and they're winning. He doesn't have a Peyton Manning or John Elway looking over his shoulder. It's his show

Denver was in win now mode, Houston really isn't. Their division sucks and yet they're going to be able to try to finally develop a QB and from the looks of it are willing to be patient throughout the process.

Sometimes if you take a step back from the numbers and try to project it will make some sense.

If the Broncos paid him $70+ mil I would expect top QB immediately. Oz and Siemian have nearly the same numbers. One QB is a top paid QB the other is on a rookie contract. Huge difference.

If we traded up to get a QB in the first, he'd be playing week 1.

It is what it is. He's not a top QB now. We're not going to stop playing until he is. Look at it this way, Kirk Cousin, Ryan Tannehill, & Jay Cutler are making more.

That's the NFL.

If we traded up to get a QB in the first, he'd be playing week 1.

It is what it is. He's not a top QB now. We're not going to stop playing until he is. Look at it this way, Kirk Cousin, Ryan Tannehill, & Jay Cutler are making more.

That's the NFL.
best bet is to make them sit and learn for a couple seasons - break the college habits and teach them the pro game.

I think Manning's Ego got in the way for Os in Denver, it slowed his progress.

KC held Houston to 97 rushing yds on 34 attempts for 2.9 y/carry with a long of only 8 yds. If we can do something similar and force Osweiler to throw we should be in good shape defensively.

KC ran effectively on Houston...6.3 y/carry. We should be able to do as well no matter who is our QB.

Those 3 turnovers by KC killed them despite intercepting Osweiler twice.

So I see a game plan on offense to run the ball and on D to stop their run and force Osweiler to throw. I think we can do those things.

Back