2016 Game 3. Texans @ Patriots

Roberto71

Reaction score
May as well start this now.

Looks like Jimmy won't be playing. So enough BS, Gronk, get your ass back as we'll need all our weapons for this.

CsqsBchWAAUSX8p.jpg

We will be fine with Jacoby. The Texans will have their letterman jackets ready and lay an egg.

This is a game where the defense has to carry the load. They need to create field position for the offense, they need to be solid in the red zone. A couple of turnovers would be huge.

Jacoby will have to avoid bad turnovers and manage the game. Houston's defense is very good. There is the advantage of Houston having to travel on a short week and they have no game tape on Jacoby, so they won't know what he can or cannot do.

This will be a tough one, but I'm usually an optimist, so I'll predict a low scoring win.

The Texans defense has given up 2 TDs in 2 games. This won't be easy for a rookie QB. I'm not as optimistic as some. And don't you know Brissett will be a bigger target for Houston's defense than usual for injury.

Texans are legit...they aren't fugazi.

Substitute Texans for Steelers and it's the same thing we always hear.

Wonder if JJ Watt is going to play this time. Pretty sure he never plays when the Pats play the Texans...don't ever remember hearing his name mentioned.

The Texans defense has given up 2 TDs in 2 games. This won't be easy for a rookie QB. I'm not as optimistic as some. And don't you know Brissett will be a bigger target for Houston's defense than usual for injury.

Yeah...they've faced a couple offensive juggernauts in Chicago and KC. Both of those games at home. Prime time at the Razor is a slightly different animal...even with a rookie QB going. Look for the defense to step up huge in this one.

Pats open as a home underdog. Can't remember the last time that has ever happened. Houston, as usual, is a fraud and the Pats should shut them down.

From a standout player so far, so much for the Pats being a dour, joyless place to play eh?

“I’m just having a lot of fun right now with these guys, I love my teammates, I love the coaches, I love this environment and these fans,” Bennett said, after the team’s 31-24 victory over the visiting Dolphins.

“For me that’s all it’s really about,” he said. “Just going out and doing the things I love to do – and have fun doing it.”

“I haven’t had this much fun in a long time in the NFL and I think it’s making a big difference for me. When it’s fun, it’s much easier to go out there and play.”

Pats open as a home underdog. Can't remember the last time that has ever happened. Houston, as usual, is a fraud and the Pats should shut them down.

This^^^. For those who bet this should be one of the easiest paydays of the year.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Who do Jets writers do this to themselves??

Mehta has called it already, the Jets will be atop the AFCE when Brady returns. Apparently their games away to KC and home to Seattle are already marked as wins. And we will have two losses.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jimmy-garoppolo-injury-jets-article-1.2797997?

Everything associated with the Jets is fail.

If the Patriots manage to beat the Texans with a 3rd string QB, I think the rest of the league should just pack up a go home. It's already over. Just hand us the Lombardi now and save us all some time.

Rookie QB Jacoby Brissett has been praised by coaches and teammates for stepping into a tough spot Sunday. Offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels said Monday on sports radio WEEI: "Jacoby is really a calm individual. He's been that way since we brought him in for his interview and we tried to put him under pressure when we first brought him in here before the draft, and he didn't flinch then. He's a guy that is very difficult to fluster."

Looking forward to Thursday night's game fellas.

We've got a lot of things going our way, & from what I've seen the last two weeks, we're going to need all of them. Plus a dash of luck.

It's your world... we're just squirrels. For now anyway.

Looking forward to Thursday night's game fellas.

We've got a lot of things going our way, & from what I've seen the last two weeks, we're going to need all of them. Plus a dash of luck.

It's your world... we're just squirrels. For now anyway.

:Lwelcome:

So, I guess fans of the Texans don't live in the delusional world that fans of that other team in Texas do?

Fwiw

nfl network's ian rapoport reported on monday morning that garoppolo won't play against the texans on thursday, but that "there is hope he's back by week 4" against the buffalo bills. However, espn's adam schefter, citing a team source, reported that the "patriots have not given up hope yet" that garoppolo can play in week 3.

Back