2016 Game 3. Texans @ Patriots

Yeah the fact that elite Qbs make about the same as MEH/somewhat unproven one is a league issue. I don't think BB will get caught up in that one (overpaying a dud for ages) when TB goes. I am interested to see how he handles it. I thought the Redskins were wise to franchise KC, and I said it awhile back. Just think, if the Ravens had franchised Flacco in 2013, they could have seen, welp, dude had a good playoff run in him but regressed to his norm...and had a year to prep someone else, or wait for a new one in the draft...who was cheaper. I love KC, but I think the Redskins HAD to protect themselves.

As for Osweiler, I think it is way way WAY too early to call what he is and isn't. It kills QBs to have less practice and no developmental league. It makes a great coaching staff even more important. I think BO'B is a good coach,we'll see.

Pats open as a home underdog. Can't remember the last time that has ever happened. Houston, as usual, is a fraud and the Pats should shut them down.

You think Bill is using this to his advantage?

Irate. Slamming stuff. Short answers. Blurting out "home fvcking dog?!?!" "What are we? Cleveland?!?"

Boys should come out like their hair is on fire.

So I see a game plan on offense to run the ball and on D to stop their run and force Osweiler to throw. I think we can do those things.

I imagine they will have an identical game plan. So will be interesting to see which units perform.

If we traded up to get a QB in the first, he'd be playing week 1.

It is what it is. He's not a top QB now. We're not going to stop playing until he is. Look at it this way, Kirk Cousin, Ryan Tannehill, & Jay Cutler are making more.

That's the NFL.

Not when you have an option that allows you to "groom" the rook. It's tough to bring a QB in as a rook. I appreciate the fact that Elway had the stones to start Siemian to allow Lynch some time to learn the NFL. Will the win the SB? Not likely. It's tough to win and even tougher to do it back to back. But it does help the future.

Yeah, that seems to be the opinion coming out of Colorado
I like your understated subtlety, as opposed to the strident caterwauling of some other visiting fans. You should fit right in here.

In this case:

Denver fans take on Osweiler (as a Bronco): He's awesome, best ever, better than Peyton Manning. We're going to keep him for $16 million and it's a bargain. Elway is a genius for keeping him.

Denver fans take on Osweiler (as a Texan): Wait? Wut? Someone outbid us? You mean we didn't keep him? Good. $18 million is a total ripoff. He sucks. We never wanted him anyway. Elway is a genius for not signing him.

yeah the fact that elite qbs make about the same as meh/somewhat unproven one is a league issue. I don't think bb will get caught up in that one (overpaying a dud for ages) when tb goes. I am interested to see how he handles it. I thought the redskins were wise to franchise kc, and i said it awhile back. Just think, if the ravens had franchised flacco in 2013, they could have seen, welp, dude had a good playoff run in him but regressed to his norm...and had a year to prep someone else, or wait for a new one in the draft...who was cheaper. I love kc, but i think the redskins had to protect themselves.

As for osweiler, i think it is way way way too early to call what he is and isn't. It kills qbs to have less practice and no developmental league. It makes a great coaching staff even more important. I think bo'b is a good coach,we'll see.
+1

Hi guys. In case you missed it. I'm a Texans fan and brand new to your board.

I think most Texans fans like Os (as a lot of us on my MB call him) but don't expect to see a smoothly operating machine in the 1st few weeks of the season. I'm seeing what I expected to see: week to week improvement in areas and a QB who has some arm talent but needs to gel with his teammates. The Texans OL is a patchwork and not doing very well. I think that's limiting things more than anything else.

I have no idea what to expect from a BB coached team starting a 3rd string QB. No idea about anything at with Bissett. I do expect BB to have a game plan that plays to his strengths.

Should be a good game. I'm looking forward to being there for it. I couldn't care less if the Texans cover the spread. I just want a key road win and no injuries for either team.

I'm staying at a hotel in Brockton. Any suggestions on how I should get to the game? I was thinking Uber.

I think most Texans fans like Os (as a lot of us on my MB call him) but don't expect to see a smoothly operating machine in the 1st few weeks of the season. I'm seeing what I expected to see: week to week improvement in areas and a QB who has some arm talent but needs to gel with his teammates. The Texans OL is a patchwork and not doing very well. I think that's limiting things more than anything else.

I have no idea what to expect from a BB coached team starting a 3rd string QB. No idea about anything at with Bissett. I do expect BB to have a game plan that plays to his strengths.

Should be a good game. I'm looking forward to being there for it. I couldn't care less if the Texans cover the spread. I just want a key road win and no injuries for either team.

I'm staying at a hotel in Brockton. Any suggestions on how I should get to the game? I was thinking Uber.

good luck getting to the game. I would get that Uber driver set up soon. Traffic can be difficult, as I am sure you know on game day in Foxboro.

Only option: rent a car and leave 2 hours before you think you should.

Good luck.

:Lwelcome:

Cheers

Why on Earth are you staying all the way in Brockton? There are a couple of Courtyard by Marriott's in Dedham that are much better (and closer)

I like your understated subtlety, as opposed to the strident caterwauling of some other visiting fans. You should fit right in here.

In this case:

Denver fans take on Osweiler (as a Bronco): He's awesome, best ever, better than Peyton Manning. We're going to keep him for $16 million and it's a bargain. Elway is a genius for keeping him.

Denver fans take on Osweiler (as a Texan): Wait? Wut? Someone outbid us? You mean we didn't keep him? Good. $18 million is a total ripoff. He sucks. We never wanted him anyway. Elway is a genius for not signing him.

You forgot "he was a big baby when Kubes benched him in favor of Manning in the postseason."

Brockton is a hole. Get out while you still can.

I started typing a joke answer to his question about how to get to the game- walk around the neighborhood and strike up some conversations, you might get a ride!

then I thought it might actually get the guy killed...

Why on Earth are you staying all the way in Brockton? There are a couple of Courtyard by Marriott's in Dedham that are much better (and closer)
I'm a Spire Elite member with IGH and the hotel I chose is closer to some attractions we want to see on Friday. I also don't know the area at all. lol

I'm a Spire Elite member with IGH and the hotel I chose is closer to some attractions we want to see on Friday. I also don't know the area at all. lol
lots of hotels between Norwood and Mansfield have shuttles that will get you to within a mile of Gillettte. They won't take you to the stadium - big bucks for permission - but will drop you off and pick you up nearby.

Better to use Uber to go to your Brockton attractions from Foxboro area than the other way around.

Back