2018 Winter Olympics

Darth Despot

We ass
Reaction score
Website
tokevinwithlove.wordpress.com
Off we go...

No NHL stars this year, but I'll still check out the hockey to see how it looks (N.B. root for Team USAs Chris Bourque (Rays oldest) if your looking for a Boston Angle).

Really looking forward to the Alpine Skiing, looks like a strong US team, especially on the women's side.

The freestyle skiing is always cool.

I can live forever without watching Figure Skating.

What are you all looking forward too (other than no bombs or anything of that sort)?

Curling.

Anyone know offhand when and what channels?

I'm disappointed the NHL'ers are not playing, but understand the reasoning for it.
I always love the downhill.
The Bobsled, Luge and Skeleton are fun.
Agree about figure skating......:sleep: In general, I don't like any sports that are decided by judges. Far too much room for abuse.
My wife likes the Nordic events since those are the events where she can watch the Finns.
And I like the ski/snowboarding track races they introduced in the recent past (can't recall what they're actually called).

And yes, there's a strange fascination with Curling.

Love hockey naturally.

I could sit and crush beers and relax all day watching curling. I like it.

Downhill for sure. Insane.

The freestyle stuff is nuts. Fun viewing.

I have a strange gravitation to Biathlon. Something about the ability to calm in seconds from max heartbeat to sniper calm just is captivating to me. Much respect.

I can do without figure skating, but of course we’ll get pounded with it.

One of the nice side effects of multiple channels showing the Games is I can skip over the figure skating.

I happened to flip it on last night for a second and there was a dude commenting who had a hair style I can only describe as right out of The Hunger Games.

One of the nice side effects of multiple channels showing the Games is I can skip over the figure skating.

I happened to flip it on last night for a second and there was a dude commenting who had a hair style I can only describe as right out of The Hunger Games.

Johnny Weir.

Pretty subtle huh?

Love the hockey, the curl, the cross country skiing, and yeah..... this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NrJxYfPjCjA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Today Norway is playing the US in Mixed Team curling. I've never heard of it before, put we have had a strong start 4-1.

I'm not watching the Globalist shit show in Korea. After the Sochi Winter Olympics that was it for me. Pass. Yawn.

Maybe NK will launch a few test missiles over the games and make things interesting. Lol.

Your very welcome.

Got the NBC sports app on my phone, and with credentials, can cast just about all the coverage to the TV now. Watching curling from a few days ago now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Johnny Weir.

Pretty subtle huh?

Johnny Weir is fantastic.

I admit that he's a tad unconventional for some folks, but given his area of expertise, figure skating, we need to expect a few burning sequins here and there.

I think he's smart as hell and articulate. And funny. Unlike my brother, who is married to a former figure skater, I can't stand the whole "sport"-slash-pageant, but it gets better with Johnny.

This sort of sums it up for me:

Love hockey naturally.

I could sit and crush beers and relax all day watching curling. I like it.

Downhill for sure. Insane.

The freestyle stuff is nuts. Fun viewing.

I have a strange gravitation to Biathlon. Something about the ability to calm in seconds from max heartbeat to sniper calm just is captivating to me. Much respect.

I can do without figure skating, but of course we’ll get pounded with it.

I'm simply not a fan of the olympics inspite of the chance to see such fabulous athletes. Not sure why. But that makes it a great chance to air to the female viewing audience. I'm not watching anyway. Skating sells to women like crazy.

Huge drama at the Luge run this morning.

New candidate for this year's "Agony Of Defeat" "winner"

USA took the Silver

Back