2020 Draft

More info about Tua.

His dislocated hip was diagnosed and reduced at the stadium prior to being air lifted to St. Vincent's Hospital in Birmingham. Now the worry is that the trauma to head of the femur was so severe that avascular necrosis (Bo Jackson's injury) is a possibility. He'll have MRI's over the next 6 months to monitor that. It can take 3-6 months for bone changes to show up; he'll know by draft day. Fingers crossed for him.

More info about Tua from Sunday am.

His dislocated hip was diagnosed and reduced at the stadium prior to being air lifted to St. Vincent's Hospital in Birmingham. Now the worry is that the trauma to head of the femur was so severe that avascular necrosis (Bo Jackson's injury) is a possibility. He'll have MRI's over the next 6 months to monitor that. It can take 3-6 months for bone changes to show up; he'll know by draft day. Fingers crossed for him.

Update: He was flown to Houston for Sx Sunday night to stabilize his hip joint and repair the posterior acetabular fracture which occurred simultaneously. The fracture was considered bad enough to need surgery.

Bottom line
This is a serious injury that must be monitored for the next few months.

Recovery time should have him ready to play football next fall, but...
"It's likely he won't have the same speed and mobility that we're used to seeing in him," a surgeon said. "That's probably the most predictable long-term outcome."
But for now, it's about resting and healing for the Alabama quarterback whose 87 passing touchdowns broke the program's career record.
"The main points are worry about the AVN, you have to worry about the stability of the socket -- most of the time it's non-operative," he said. "And ultimately, long-term you have to worry about arthritis."

Why are we suddenly hearing that Joe Burrow is one of the best QBs in the NCAA? He's been around for 3 years

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NCAA season leaders in completion % on non-screens<br><br>2019: Joe Burrow 77.2%<br>2018: Gardner Minshew 69.1%<br>2017: Baker Mayfield 66.1%<br>2016: Luke Falk 65.7%<br>2015: Luke Falk 66.0%<br>2014: Cody Kessler 67.3%<br><br>Burrow is on another level from anyone we've ever graded</p>— Mike Renner (@PFF_Mike) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1196835891035213825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

Update: He was flown to Houston for Sx Sunday night to stabilize his hip joint and repair the posterior acetabular fracture which occurred simultaneously. The fracture was considered bad enough to need surgery.

Bottom line
This is a serious injury that must be monitored for the next few months.

Recovery time should have him ready to play football next fall, but...
"It's likely he won't have the same speed and mobility that we're used to seeing in him," a surgeon said. "That's probably the most predictable long-term outcome."
But for now, it's about resting and healing for the Alabama quarterback whose 87 passing touchdowns broke the program's career record.
"The main points are worry about the AVN, you have to worry about the stability of the socket -- most of the time it's non-operative," he said. "And ultimately, long-term you have to worry about arthritis."

Time to pay these kids.

leather-bound-memes-from-week-11-in-the-nfl-xx-photos-19.jpg

Time to pay these kids.

Losing out on being a top 3-4 pick in the draft cost him $15M easy. Hope he had insurance.

But.
Tua is getting the rep of being a 'fragile' player and it has been well earned. He's already had 5 major injuries in his short career. 2 high ankle sprains in back to back years, a broken hand twice and now this; not to mention his hamstring injury and partially torn posterior cruciate ligament. Fortunately for him the broken hands and the hamstring happened outside of the regular season so many people don't even know about those injuries. NFL scouts and personnel directors know about them though. IF he falls to within trading distance of the Pats' draft pick, I personally hope BB does not take a chance on him. He's the classic "beat up and worn out" Bama football player in my mind.

Why are we suddenly hearing that Joe Burrow is one of the best QBs in the NCAA? He's been around for 3 years

It's gonna be really interesting when folks put Burrow under the microscope. I can't see anything negative in his game.

He's definitely the best QB I've seen this year and I'd never seen him before.

He looks to have every tool you need and the most impressive thing to me is that he's really feisty and will do anything to move the sticks. Cool under pressure and he isn't fazed by Alabama or anybody else. A winner.

LSU is going to win it all this year. They hit the jackpot signing this kid.

I imagine the Bengals or whoever gets the 1 will not hesitate to call his name.

Vegas odds to be the #1 Draft Pick in April:

Joe Burrow -150
Chase Young +150
Tua 10-1
Justin Herbert 12-1
Andrew Thomas 14-1
Jeffrey Okudah 30-1
Jacob Eason 50-1

Joe Burrow -150
Chase Young +150
Tua 10-1
Justin Herbert 12-1
Andrew Thomas 14-1
Jeffrey Okudah 30-1
Jacob Eason 50-1
Certainly not a top 5 or maybe not even top 10 but I think Jordan Love has more talent & upside than Thomas & Eason. Would love to hear your evaluation of him.

Joe Burrow -150
Chase Young +150
Tua 10-1
Justin Herbert 12-1
Andrew Thomas 14-1
Jeffrey Okudah 30-1
Jacob Eason 50-1

Just an aside Jacob Eason, son of Tony, but not our very own happy feet Tony, Eason.

One guy I'd like to see in Foxboro (but won't be holding my breath) is WR CeeDee Lamb from Oklahoma.

Maybe his speed won't be 4.3ish, but the guy looks like a winner to me.

Watch him in the playoffs. He isn't jacked like N'Keal, but his strength is incredible.

One guy I'd like to see in Foxboro (but won't be holding my breath) is WR CeeDee Lamb from Oklahoma.

Maybe his speed won't be 4.3ish, but the guy looks like a winner to me.

Watch him in the playoffs. He isn't jacked like N'Keal, but his strength is incredible.

YAC machine. He is so good at slipping and breaking tackles. Rarely goes down on first contact.

Back