2020 Draft

or how about that Dillon guy RB from BC. Guy looks like a monster compared to anyone else on the field. a FB prospect and short yardage back at a minimum.

Dillon is hardly a FB prospect. He's a bruising RB cut out of the Lynch mold. That being said, I don't think he'll go higher the late second round so if they can get him there, that'd be ideal.

Dillon is hardly a FB prospect. He's a bruising RB cut out of the Lynch mold. That being said, I don't think he'll go higher the late second round so if they can get him there, that'd be ideal.

Again, I’ve checked some rankings and none list him top 100. MANY other RBs ranked.

Is he underclassman? Maybe that’s why.

Again, I’ve checked some rankings and none list him top 100. MANY other RBs ranked.

He’s a junior. Holds every BC RB record worth mentioning.
He attended my high school; I taught him. Good kid. Holds every ISL record, and no one will probably touch them for decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now that makes sense.

We have a weakness in short yardage/goal line play and it impacts the game greatly.

I’d LOVE a player like that.

Now that makes sense.

We have a weakness in short yardage/goal line play and it impacts the game greatly.

I’d LOVE a player like that.

I want this kid but isn't this what we thought Damien Harris would be?

I don't know if he is much of receiver or will be considered to have true long speed (gamebreaking, whatever -- can't think of the term) even though he's broken untold numbers of long TD runs.

I've seen him run over, around and through dozens of guys who might themselves end up playing on Sundays and that is for several years. Consistent excellence even though BC hasn't had a passing game and everybody is loading up to stop him with 8 in the box all day long. He's a pure RB with an NFL body and huge legs, but don't mistake him for a plodder. He's a freak of nature and can carry a team. He can run all day long. Great kid and I hope he hits it big.

I feel comfortable guessing he'll end up being top 64 (at least) even if he doesn't have that kind of buzz now.

By all reports he is supposed to make a full recovery but you just never know. I’m sure Chev will be able to supply some info.

They have no idea.

I heard the biggest issue with the hip fracture regarding Bo Jackson and most common with everyone is the impact on circulation in the hip. If that happens with Tua he’ll be done too.

Is that similar to Bo Jackson's injury? Will he make it to the NFL?

Bo's injury was different in that the head of his femur (the ball) that fits in the acetabulum (the socket) was bruised so badly that it lost blood supply and slowly dissolved. In the radiograph below, the femoral head on your left is moth eaten (avascular necrosis of the femoral head). The right is normal.

hqdefault.jpg

By all reports he is supposed to make a full recovery but you just never know. I’m sure Chev will be able to supply some info.

My brother is a physician at St. Vincents Hospital where Tua was taken. I'll find out the details in a day or 2. I'm certain they tried to manually reduce the dislocation soon after he arrived because 1) cartilage damage to the femoral head increases with time, 2) manual reduction becomes more difficult as time passes since the muscles begin to tighten up and 3) a thick firm blood clot begins to fill the socket (acetabulum) which can prevent the head from seating properly. If it's not reduced quickly, surgery is required. Most likely, his dislocation is the posterior type.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4821229/

Eyes and ears everywhere. :coffee:

Cheers, :toast:

LOL. Not everywhere but I grew up in Mountain Brook, a suburb of Birmingham.
My father, step mom, a brother and 2 sisters, all physicians - surgeons or radiation oncologists, are pretty well known there.

d5cbe48f-fd9a-4b25-b461-edb96e6972ad

Dr. Hazelrig was a veterinarian, a good friend of the family & Dad's best friend, who fought cancer for years before succumbing.

Bo's injury was different in that the head of his femur (the ball) that fits in the acetabulum (the socket) was bruised so badly that it lost blood supply and slowly dissolved. In the radiograph below, the femoral head on your left is moth eaten (avascular necrosis of the femoral head). The right is normal.

hqdefault.jpg

My brother is a physician at St. Vincents Hospital where Tua was taken. I'll find out the details in a day or 2. I'm certain they tried to manually reduce the dislocation soon after he arrived because 1) cartilage damage to the femoral head increases with time, 2) manual reduction becomes more difficult as time passes since the muscles begin to tighten up and 3) a thick firm blood clot begins to fill the socket (acetabulum) which can prevent the head from seating properly. If it's not reduced quickly, surgery is required. Most likely, his dislocation is the posterior type.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4821229/

Thanks for posting this, Chev. I'm sure you know this but I had no idea that some of the best orthopedic Docs are in or very close to the state of Alabama. He's in good hands I'm sure.

Thanks for posting this, Chev. I'm sure you know this but I had no idea that some of the best orthopedic Docs are in or very close to the state of Alabama. He's in good hands I'm sure.

Wm Andrews gained his rep at UAB Medical Center but moved to Fla for private practice a while back. There's still quite a few really well known orthopedists though. Interestingly, in the last 8-10 years, the best have moved over to neighboring St. Vincent's Hosp. for more money and less teaching responsibilities.

I can't help but wonder if Tua will drop in the draft bc of the dislocated hip.

Back