2024 Mock Drafts

Love this 1, BSF. You hit all the positions with talent.
MHJ is a sure thing WR1 at X, Y or Z.
Malachi Corley is the toughest great WR I've seen come out of college in a long time. Deebo Samuel is my comp for him. Y or Z WR. He has 4 years of development ahead of Edelman. I see real promise from this guy.
Penix could stand to take a year off to learn but still provide competition in the QB room. Dual threat guy may not be our new OC's kind of guy if our new OC comes from Shanahan or McVay's coaching tree. Neither Stafford or Purdy is a dual threat guy. Nevertheless, I'd like to see the modernized WCO implemented by a dual threat QB like Steve Young did it.
Luke McCaffrey, Christian's brother, isn't nearly as good as Christian but it's easy to see he's learned from Christian.
Bullard, DJ James and Rosengarten always seem to be there. Love the first two, need to see more from Rosengarten. Bullard's going to be a damn star.

Phil Perry gets very creative, something I don't think our war room has the experience to carry out.

Yes, it’s interesting…

Fields is better than Jones, he still seems like a deer in the headlights though. He’s definitely gifted with athleticism. Bridge QB isn’t the worst idea.

Yes, it’s interesting…

Fields is better than Jones, he still seems like a deer in the headlights though. He’s definitely gifted with athleticism. Bridge QB isn’t the worst idea.

For Fields you would have to trade for him and immediately pick up his 5th year option of 22million. Too much for a guy who is still a questionable NFL QB.

A bridge QB should be a veteran that can proven to be able to play in the league and mentor a rookie....Fields can't do either

For Fields you would have to trade for him and immediately pick up his 5th year option of 22million. Too much for a guy who is still a questionable NFL QB.

A bridge QB should be a veteran that can proven to be able to play in the league and mentor a rookie....Fields can't do either
Good thing it was a mock draft… 🤣

I see Phil Perry's big trade draft and it inspired me to make trades to acquire another solid 2nd rounder so I could
take Penix Jr. , but I never expected Daniels to drop to 27.

I took Ladd McConkey because that dude can get open and I'm really tired of guys that can't. Every time I watched
Will Shipley I thought "shit, that kid can play". I'm looking for a 3rd down back that can catch and get to the sticks.

Fautanu can be an outstanding LT, imo and I like what I've seen of Patrick Paul. I doubled up on TEs and
might even triple depending on Johnny Wilson who is a freak of nature/raw potential pick. Holker is a good receiver who can get
open and Wiley is a huge, athletic blocking type with upside.

I also pocketed Tampa's first two picks next year, when we'll know more about who we are as the 3rd dynasty rebuild
continues.

27. .Jayden Daniels QB LSU
34. Troy Fautanu OG Washington
43. Ladd McConkey WR Georgia
60. Malachi Corley WR Western Kentucky
68. Patrick Paul OT Houston
90. Will Shipley RB Clemson
100. Johnny Wilson WR Florida State
103. Cam Hart CB Notre Dame
128. Dallin Holker TE Colorado State
135. Brenden Rice WR USC
137. Jared Wiley TE TCU
181. Austin Booker EDGE Kansas
189. Joshua Karty K Stanford
228. Carson Steele RB UCLA
2025 TB 1st
2025 TB 2nd

Who went #1 and #2?
MHjr and Daniels. Mocks can go many different ways…

I’ve hit reset on it numerous times with the same beginnings too.

I like doing mocks…you actually learn a little more about future players if you’re not a college football regular. I’ll watch my regional area (Big Sky Conference) mostly, but they’re not big time obviously.

Last edited:
I like doing mocks…you actually learn a little more about future players if you’re not a college football regular. I’ll watch my regional area (Big Sky Conference) mostly, but they’re not big time obviously.

I like doing them too. What I'm finding this year is sort of a reiteration of the elephant in room-- The only way to hit on our three big needs in this draft is to trade out
of three and accept a "lesser' QB as the guy to pin our hopes for the future on. I know there are no sure things and we'll know more in 10 weeks, but.....

Every mock simulator I've tried suggests that the OTs will go early and if you don't get one of the top ranked guys early in the 2nd then you are screwed. The receivers
seem to trickle down well into the 3rd and maybe 4th rounds, but as data from the combine, etc. trickles in then the way these simulators have guys ranked will likely
change drastically.

Some of the guys we're picking in the 4th round today will be 1st rounders and vice-versa. Still, when my wife is watching one of her shows that don't interest me at all I
can completely tune it out by playing Patriots GM for a few minutes and it beats watching some chick who doesn't know that the preppy ass she's engaged to needs to
be kicked to the curb in favor of that working-class guy with a heart of gold.

So I watch very little college football but love reading this thread every year.

Having said that, did I see a kid named Kool Aid mocked late in the first round?

Yikes

Mock from Field Yates. Drake Maye at 3 over MHJ and OT Joe Alt
I think the Pats might trade back to 8 or 11 to pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd

There is something about Drake Maye that scares me. Maybe it's all the highly ranked draft bust QB'S that have come out of Mack Browns teams.
I agree that it would be better if the Patriots trade down a few spots and pickup another 2nd round pick.

Do your own mock draft

Do your own mock draft

There are a few Pro Football Network, Mock Draft Database, NFL Draft Buzz.

Last edited:
Back