A side of Mayo?

Feep_In_Fla

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised how under the radar Jerod Mayo has been..... All he's done is play every defensive snap and record 16 solo tackles. Solid play for a rookie. This guy gonna be a beast and for years all I ever heard was how complicated our defense was for linebackers. This speaks volumes for Mayo's play thus far...IMHO

I'm a bit surprised how under the radar Jerod Mayo has been..... All he's done is play every defensive snap and record 16 solo tackles. Solid play for a rookie. This guy gonna be a beast and for years all I ever heard was how complicated our defense was for linebackers. This speaks volumes for Mayo's play thus far...IMHO

I completely agree with this post, and I'm glad you said it. Mayo has played just about every down, and not once have we seen him out of position. He seems to know where he needs to be and what he should be doing at all times. I'm seriously impressed by a rookie that apparently has such a firm grasp of what is complicate defensive scheme.

On top of all that, the guy's got some serious athletic ability. I'm thrilled with Mayo's performance thus far.

Mayo = STUD

I cant wait for Crabel to get some playing time, the new blood at LB is going to pay big dividends down the stretch.

Mayo = STUD

I cant wait for Crabel to get some playing time, the new blood at LB is going to pay big dividends down the stretch.

I agree. When Woods was injured yesterday I was hoping to see if Crable would be worked in for a few plays. I don't even know if Crable was active for yesterday's game. :shrug:

I agree. When Woods was injured yesterday I was hoping to see if Crable would be worked in for a few plays. I don't even know if Crable was active for yesterday's game. :shrug:

I'm pretty sure I saw him suited up on the sideline. Could have been someone else but I'm pretty sure it was him

Mayo looked good. I noticed him around the ball all game. He's only going to get better.

Mayo is a monster.

ps- I just realized this morning that the Jets have Gholston. Did he do anything yesterday? I didn't hear his name once.

Gholton is only playing on passing downs for pass rushing. I hear he's having major problems adjusting to linebacker at this point and looks lost.

Gholton is only playing on passing downs for pass rushing. I hear he's having major problems adjusting to linebacker at this point and looks lost.

Immediately after the draft, the JEST analysts thought that Mangini had one-upped BB by "nabbing" Gholston.

Turns out, of course, that once again the Patriots brain trust played the Rats like a fine violin. :jester:

<<
the Jets have Gholston. Did he do anything yesterday? I didn't hear his name once.
>>

He's been very unhappy there in the Mangini system and has not flourished by any means. He wanted out of NY in the offseason IIRC and the team isn't happy with him either.

<<
the Jets have Gholston. Did he do anything yesterday? I didn't hear his name once.
>>

He's been very unhappy there in the Mangini system and has not flourished by any means. He wanted out of NY in the offseason IIRC and the team isn't happy with him either.

In two games Ghoston has no tackles and Mayo has 13 tackles in two games. I think BB got the better player Again ROFL

Jerod gives The "Mayo" Clinic Every Sunday. The Doctor is in.

This is a fairly funny line..... My hat off to you Eboli:clap:

On the subject of Gholston.... Crable and Gholston are the same type of players. OLB/DE rush the passer hybrids. How sweet would be it be if Gholston proves to be ordinary and Crable excells in the long run. Where you are picked is a reflection of your perceived overall talent, what you end up as a player is a refection on your character.

Crable will have the benefit of growing into his opportunity to shine. Gholston is under a lot of pressure to perform now.

Back