A thing of beauty

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
You have to watch the video...showing every angle in slo-mo. McCourty made a heads-up play, as we know, but watching it in slo-mo really shows the greatness of this whole play from start to finish.

It's probably already on here somewhere, but I only have a minute so I wanted to quick post it. Mods can merge it if it's somewhere else.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HF04AZ1Gkxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for posting this. I noticed the same thing when watching the highlights on NFLN, Devin gets there at the last second, literally.

Great! And set to Chariots of Fire ROFL!

Although I'm a little disappointed it doesn't include the announcers going on and on the way the did about how stupid it was of McCourty to commit the block in the back that was called. Cause taking the resulting penalty is way worse than allowing the Chargers to strip Big V and regain the ball. :coffee:

That's fricking AWESOME. ROFL
I love how VW feels Tolbert behind him and puts both hands around the ball. You know that's BB kicking in inside his head.

Last night on NFLN they had the "top 10 fat guys with the ball" runs and one of my other non Pats faves was on there, Traylor( Before he was a Pat) picks off Brunnell I think and his eyes were just HUUUUGE while he's running with his head on a swivel looking for someone to pitch it to. They had Connolly's KR and the Sam Adams Int of TB from the 2003 Lawyer Milloy game (UGH) too. TB got straight flattened by some dude on his way to try to make the tackle.

I gotta admit, I was ROFL during the game, and I wanted him to take it to the house! I love it when those big guys have a chance to score! ROFL

You have to watch the video...showing every angle in slo-mo. McCourty made a heads-up play, as we know, but watching it in slo-mo really shows the greatness of this whole play from start to finish.

It's probably already on here somewhere, but I only have a minute so I wanted to quick post it. Mods can merge it if it's somewhere else.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HF04AZ1Gkxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
A study of massive mass in motion. Rolling Thunder. ROFL.

Cheers

had it have been a Pick Six, Benny Hill Theme would have been PROPER

Thanks for posting this. I noticed the same thing when watching the highlights on NFLN, Devin gets there at the last second, literally.

And from a looong way behind. He appears to be still backpedaling with the receiver as Vince make the pick, so McCourty reverses direction and catches up to guys who have maybe a 15-20 yard head start on him. He even brushed Wilfork's elbow with his fingertips as he's bringing his arm down on Tolbert's punch. Probably that as much as anything clued-in Vince to cover up and look around.

That's a WOW!! highlight that is unlikely to make ESPN discussions.

And from a looong way behind. He appears to be still backpedaling with the receiver as Vince make the pick, so McCourty reverses direction and catches up to guys who have maybe a 15-20 yard head start on him. He even brushed Wilfork's elbow with his fingertips as he's bringing his arm down on Tolbert's punch. Probably that as much as anything clued-in Vince to cover up and look around.

It's made a few, with people wondering why McCourty would make such a stupid block in the back. :sulk:

BTW, MM, I might've jumped the gun on the return thing. Despite the extra touchbacks, there were something like 6 more return TDs week one this year than last and 2011 is still higher.

An mazing play by many.

Obviously Vince reading the play and actually catching the ball is the star of the day but the McCourty play shows how smart he is. Even Vince on the radio admits he would have been stripped had McCourty not made the play. Tapping the elbow was a mistake I believe but it did indeed alert Vince of what was about to happen.

Just a bunch of smart football players doing their jobs and getting 3 points for the team.

Back