Absolutely Shocked by Week One Performance

I'm the guy that said Brady was in decline last season and got flamed for about 300 posts for it. I never backed down from that statement and still don't. Most of the flamers chose to argue with a straw man rather than with me. The straw man apparently said Brady was now terrible. I never said that, only that he was no longer as good as he had been at one time.

However, even I was shocked with last week's performance, not just from Brady but from the whole team. I completely drank the off-season koolaid about the defense and thought the offense would be okay simply for the fact that the receiving corps had another year together. A good 75% of the analysts I read or saw on TV had the Patriots at least in the SB this year if not winning it.

Of course you can't go into doom and gloom mode over one game and I'm not doing that, but I gotta say I'm a little more concerned than just brushing it off as one bad game. The same problems--offensive line and defense bad, and Brady no longer capable of carrying a team by himself--still exist from before. Now, I understand that "problems" are relative and we were in the AFCG last year, so please don't go with that straw man either. When I say concern I mean concern about TB getting another ring.

some decline

yeah im new to the whole message board thing and was doing a look way back. looking back at early 2014 just shows how great it is to have the season we had after how we started, but people like the guy that started this threat just like to spew bs and ignorance.

yeah im new to the whole message board thing and was doing a look way back. looking back at early 2014 just shows how great it is to have the season we had after how we started, but people like the guy that started this threat just like to spew bs and ignorance.

:Lwelcome:

Hey, I still thought Edelman sucked at that point in 2014 (I think). Sometimes it takes a while for people to see the light. :coffee:

Hey, I still thought Edelman sucked at that point in 2014 (I think). Sometimes it takes a while for people to see the light. :coffee:

Ah yes. Edeljag. I remember him fondly. ROFL

Cheers, :toast:

No, I think it might have been before 2014. You were JAG'g the shit out of him for pretty much years.

I'm happy to remind you of that because I kept telling you he was awesome, and you kept reminding me that he was just another guy.

You're pretty much on point with just about everything, but you came up just a wee bit short on this player.

:coffee:

Now, if Bolden should have an 800-yd or more season, then I can really give you some shit. I know, I know, never gonna happen.

No, I think it might have been before 2014. You were JAG'g the shit out of him for pretty much years.

I'm happy to remind you of that because I kept telling you he was awesome, and you kept reminding me that he was just another guy.

You're pretty much on point with just about everything, but you came up just a wee bit short on this player.

:coffee:

Now, if Bolden should have an 800-yd or more season, then I can really give you some shit. I know, I know, never gonna happen.

It won't, but he's also an elite special teams player, and absolutely deserves a roster spot. He's on par with Matt Slater.

And Edelman still is the singular best punt returner I've ever seen, save for maybe Deion Sanders (And that's maybe. As good as Deion was, he was more of a boom-or-bust returner. Edelman's +10 minimum every time he fields a punt). I've thought that for longer. :coffee:

ROFLMAO at this thread. Just WOW!

Back