Absolutely Shocked by Week One Performance

CPTK

Reaction score
I'm the guy that said Brady was in decline last season and got flamed for about 300 posts for it. I never backed down from that statement and still don't. Most of the flamers chose to argue with a straw man rather than with me. The straw man apparently said Brady was now terrible. I never said that, only that he was no longer as good as he had been at one time.

However, even I was shocked with last week's performance, not just from Brady but from the whole team. I completely drank the off-season koolaid about the defense and thought the offense would be okay simply for the fact that the receiving corps had another year together. A good 75% of the analysts I read or saw on TV had the Patriots at least in the SB this year if not winning it.

Of course you can't go into doom and gloom mode over one game and I'm not doing that, but I gotta say I'm a little more concerned than just brushing it off as one bad game. The same problems--offensive line and defense bad, and Brady no longer capable of carrying a team by himself--still exist from before. Now, I understand that "problems" are relative and we were in the AFCG last year, so please don't go with that straw man either. When I say concern I mean concern about TB getting another ring.

Yeah, I was gonna post but didn't want to come on too strong.

All I'll say is is this:

it may be a good idea to wait more than 1 week before presenting a number of significant assumptions about this team's overall make-up. I understand your concern, but again, it was the first game of the season -- this team is still trying to find their identity, and it will take some time.

It was 1 week. There are 15+ more to go.

No need to be so defensive, either. We're all adults here, we respect your opinion(s) and can engage in reasonable conversation. Some may disagree with you, but that doesn't necessitate such hostility. People don't always see eye-to-eye, that's fine!

All I'll say is is this:

it may be a good idea to wait more than 1 week before presenting a number of significant assumptions about this team's overall make-up. I understand your concern, but again, it was the first game of the season -- this team is still trying to find their identity, and it will take some time.

No need to be so defensive, either. We're all adults here, we respect your opinion(s) and can engage in reasonable conversation. Some may disagree with you, but that doesn't necessitate such hostility. People don't always see eye-to-eye, that's fine!

Hostility is awesome.

So is judging people. I'm judging that this guy is a troll in sheep's clothing I know he was around last year, but he wasnt very memorable or else I would remember some of his posts. But I'll judge that they were pretty much as obnoxious as this one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forum Runner

All I'll say is is this:

Yeah, it's just one game, but that second half man. Just didn't think the 2014 Patriots could be that bad, even for only a game (or a half). You've probably already moved on to the next game, which is good, but if you go back and look at the stats from the 2nd Half, it wasn't just bad, it was monumentally bad.

Yeah, it's just one game, but that second half man. Just didn't think the 2014 Patriots could be that bad, even for only a game (or a half). You've probably already moved on to the next game, which is good, but if you go back and look at the stats from the 2nd Half, it wasn't just bad, it was monumentally bad.

Yeah, none of us really knew that. Thanks.

Yeah, none of us really knew that. Thanks.

You're overreacting. I know you're angry because I am acknowledging something negative about the Patriots, but that hardly justifies your behavior. I'm a Patriots fan, but I'm not afraid to see both the good and bad. If that bothers you, the mature thing to do would be to simply ignore the thread. I don't think I did anything inappropriate by raising concern over extremely poor play from a team that had SB expectations coming into the season.

You think I'm a troll? Honestly I think you're a troll. You are trying to start some kind of flame war with a complete stranger on the internet. That's the definition of a troll to me. Let's prove each other wrong by leaving each other alone from now until eternity. Thanks.

Oh, the irony of this statement and the title of your thread ROFL ROFL ROFL Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forum Runner
Rofl he called you a troll . He dont know who he messing with . If he panicing this hard about 1 game. Yes the pats sucked it happens . There still 15 games left in the season

I'm more shocked by how poorly the defense played quite honestly. No rushing defense and an effective passing game by a team with midling talent. That has got me more stirred up than Brady's bad 2nd half.

I remember thinking that losing 31-0 to the Bills in the season opener was monumentally bad, too.

I'm the guy that said Brady was in decline last season and got flamed for about 300 posts for it. I never backed down from that statement and still don't. Most of the flamers chose to argue with a straw man rather than with me. The straw man apparently said Brady was now terrible. I never said that, only that he was no longer as good as he had been at one time.

However, even I was shocked with last week's performance, not just from Brady but from the whole team. I completely drank the off-season koolaid about the defense and thought the offense would be okay simply for the fact that the receiving corps had another year together. A good 75% of the analysts I read or saw on TV had the Patriots at least in the SB this year if not winning it.

Of course you can't go into doom and gloom mode over one game and I'm not doing that, but I gotta say I'm a little more concerned than just brushing it off as one bad game. The same problems--offensive line and defense bad, and Brady no longer capable of carrying a team by himself--still exist from before. Now, I understand that "problems" are relative and we were in the AFCG last year, so please don't go with that straw man either. When I say concern I mean concern about TB getting another ring.

I remember thinking last season that your posts were an anomaly, and that you'd be a better poster next season. That you'd gel, and get better as you had more time here. I drank the kool-aid, I admit.

But I was wrong. You're not just bad, but monumentally bad, and on the decline.

I'm thinking the original post was another one of his premature ejaculations after watching this first half.

Back