Actor Bill Paxton Dead at 61

Mark_Henderson

very stable genius
Reaction score
RIP Bill you were very talented

It says he died from complications from surgery, which I guess can happen to anyone. I think the last thing I'd seen him in was Big Love, but he looked like someone who was in good shape and if anything, younger than his age.

It says he died from complications from surgery, which I guess can happen to anyone.

Not to seem too wimpy, but I was frightened more than I ever have been going into my surgery. I think I totally convinced myself that I would never awaken. :shrug:

Not proud of that, but I was scared.

Cheers

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bill-paxton-aliens-titanic-actor-dies-at-61-980169

The curse of 2016 continues. I really liked some of Paxton's performances - A Simple Plan, Big Love on HBO & Aliens with his currently apropos quote of, "game over man, game over."

Was a very good actor, who for whatever reason, never got that top tier Oscar role that put him in the elite.

By all accounts, he was really well liked.

RIP

Excellent movie. Also in Twister which is one of those movies that I can't not watch whenever I see it on the guide.

RIP

I just watched Apollo 13 a few days ago, one of my all time favorite movies.
He had an impressive resume.

RIP

I just watched Apollo 13 a few days ago, one of my all time favorite movies.
He had an impressive resume.

RIP

I forgot about that one. Ron Howard got robbed at the Oscars when he didn't even get nominated for directing it.

I think Paxton didn't get more props as an actor because he always played a regular person/himself. You get extra points when you play more odd roles, like Dustin Hoffman in Midnight Cowboy or Deniro in Awakenings.

Not to seem too wimpy, but I was frightened more than I ever have been going into my surgery. I think I totally convinced myself that I would never awaken. :shrug:

Not proud of that, but I was scared.

Cheers

Rodney Dangerfield's last words were when asked how long he'd be in the hospital, before getting heart valve replacement surgery. He said, "If all goes well, about a week. If not, about an hour and a half."

He died on the table.

"Twister", "Apollo 13", "Aliens", "Titanic", and he was even one of the punks first killed by Ahnold in "Terminator". RIP.

Excellent movie. Also in Twister which is one of those movies that I can't not watch whenever I see it on the guide.

RIP

Yeah, Twister was cool. I think I took my kids to see it at a drive-in out here when it came out. Saw True Lies there, too, and he was in that. Both are "guilty pleasure" type movies, much like the football movie The Replacements, that I watch if I run across it channel surfing.

The movie I always think of with him is Weird Science for some reason.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Another great Bill Paxton movie is the 1987 movie Near Dark. Paxton plays a uber violent vampire. He has a great line in the movie when he's about to feed on one of his victims in a bar slaughter who has a bad 5 o'clock shadow. He growls " I hate' em when they ain't been shaved!"

Bill Paxton's Death Showcases Dangers, Lessons for Heart Patients

"Bill Paxton’s death from complications following heart surgery underscores the dangers that such procedures can carry as well as lessons for people with cardiovascular disease, a top cardiologist says.

Paxton’s family announced Sunday that the 61-year-old film and TV star has died from a fatal stroke following heart surgery.

“The bottom line with any open heart surgery is that there is always a small risk of stroke, but when it happens, it can be devastating,” says renowned cardiologist Dr. Chauncey Crandall.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Headline/Bill-Paxton-heart-surgery/2017/02/26/id/775665/

My condolences to Bill Paxton and his family. RIP

Another great Bill Paxton movie is the 1987 movie Near Dark. Paxton plays a uber violent vampire. He has a great line in the movie when he's about to feed on one of his victims in a bar slaughter who has a bad 5 o'clock shadow. He growls " I hate' em when they ain't been shaved!"

He was awesome in Near Dark. Paxton definitely had a crazy side in some of his roles, which I loved.

He was also great in Frailty which I highly recommend to anyone that hasn't seen it.

He didn't play a huge role but I thought his performance in Tombstone as the youngest of the Earp brothers was very good. I always thought he deserved more recognition for his work and unfortunately, he'll get his recognition in next years Oscars during the In Memoriam segment.

RIP Bill Paxton

Back