After seeing the non-factor that was our DE set...

Grumpy_Bottom

Try our thick, creamy milkshakes
Reaction score
Jones in particular was flat out awful setting the edge, and still managed to generate little to no pressure for most of the game...is it time to give Ayers more time as a rotational end? I thought he played really well while Jones was out...and allows you to bring pressure or drop much more effectively. Was I alone in this?

Yeah. My initial watch was Jones was poor. Gotta re watch the DVR version.

Picked a real bad time to suck, but at least we got by.

Jones in particular was flat out awful setting the edge, and still managed to generate little to no pressure for most of the game...is it time to give Ayers more time as a rotational end? I thought he played really well while Jones was out...and allows you to bring pressure or drop much more effectively. Was I alone in this?

I think Ayers has done a good job in what he has been asked to do since he came in, but I don't really see him as the answer to any one particular question.

That was the biggest problem. I had with the defense last week. There was no pressure on flacco. The one time we did. It was negated by a Revis holding call.

The game plan against Baltimore was more geared towards stopping the run and we had the fatties play more so Ayers didn't get a lot of chances. Even on 3rd down Baltimore was only 1/9 so tough to say we'd have done better with Ayers.

Against the Colts we'll be in sub packages a lot more without having to worry about their running game so I do expect to see a lot more of Ayers, oh and also some more A gap blitzing by Hightower and Collins would be nice to see.

Fyi. Chandler was basically nullified by a rookie UDFA.

Nice find by the Ravens in a year we could use ol help.

Jones was really bad against the Ravens. He always seemed a step too late, over pursuing or just plain getting absorbed by the tackle. And the Ravens exploited that by running to his side, which resulted in big gains. I'd like to think he'd be a lot better this time around. If not, Ayers is always an option.

Ninkovich played the absolute worst game I've ever seen him play as a Patriot. He was pushed around and out of position virtually the entire game.

Ninkovich played the absolute worst game I've ever seen him play as a Patriot. He was pushed around and out of position virtually the entire game.

Not trying to defend him here, he was awful, but he always seemed to be caught between two options, and seemed to make the wrong choice every time.

Not trying to defend him here, he was awful, but he always seemed to be caught between two options, and seemed to make the wrong choice every time.

I think the entire d-line had there worst game. They struggled all game to get pressure & stop forsett . Vince was the only one. I thought had a descent game.

Yes, that's what I call having a terrible game. Wrong decisions, and getting pushed around. He got pancaked by a WR on one sweep. A WR.

Edit - Besides that, the first two TDs could easily be blamed on Ninkovich not knowing what the hell he was doing.

No. We really need to set the pass rush, Andrew Luck looked like he got it figured out. I hope not but it might be another high scoring game if we don't set the edge

Yes, that's what I call having a terrible game. Wrong decisions, and getting pushed around. He got pancaked by a WR on one sweep. A WR.

Edit - Besides that, the first two TDs could easily be blamed on Ninkovich not knowing what the hell he was doing.

Yeah, I've loved Nink since he came into the team and and kept making big plays. But Saturday was the first time I found myself saying "play better".

Unfortunate that we gave Nink an extension when we did because I think he's slowing down. Watch him have a big game against Indy and prove me wrong... hah.

Also unfortunate that Jones seems to have regressed this season, both in terms of pass rush and edge-setting. Maybe he's still injured... :shrug:. Still, he looked less than impressive prior to his hip issue. Hope he can turn it up late as well. Next season will be huge for him.

Unfortunate that we gave Nink an extension when we did because I think he's slowing down. Watch him have a big game against Indy and prove me wrong... hah.

Hey, we need someone to get 3 sacks and a FF against the Jaguars next year. :coffee:

The Pats didn't handle the Ravens' zone blocking well at all. Our big fatties, including VW, were pushed sideline to sideline far too easily and that put extra pressure on Nink on Jones. Fortunately, we don't play another zone blocking OL.

Of the entire front the only guys that seemed to show up were Collins and Hightower. The entire line looked like toads in a lawnmower.

Somebody should check the entire Baltimore team for PEDs, because we have seldom been physically mauled like that.

Of the entire front the only guys that seemed to show up were Collins and Hightower. The entire line looked like toads in a lawnmower.

Somebody should check the entire Baltimore team for PEDs, because we have seldom been physically mauled like that.

C'mon Hawgy...you know that only the Patriots cheat...

Back