After week 17, who is the best team in the NFL?

After week 17, who is the best team in the NFL?

• Carolina (15-1)

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Arizona (14-2)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Denver (12-4)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • New England (12-4)

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Cincinnati (12-4)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas City (11-5)

• Minnesota (11-5)

• Green Bay (10-6)

• Seattle (10-6)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Pittsburgh (10-6)

• Washington (9-7)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Houston (9-7)

• Total voters
I voted Panthers but Pats (if healthy) and Cards are right there with them.

Vegas thinks so too.

<header class="inline-header">Odds To Win Super Bowl 50

The Patriots, Cardinals and Panthers are currently the co-favorites to win Super Bowl 50, according to the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
</header><table data-text-contract="-" data-text-expand="+" data-fix-cols="0" data-behavior="responsive_table" class="inline-table" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr><th>Team</th><th>Odds</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="last"><td>New England Patriots</td><td>9-2</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Carolina Panthers</td><td>9-2</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Arizona Cardinals</td><td>9-2</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Denver Broncos</td><td>5-1</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Seattle Seahawks</td><td>5-1</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Pittsburgh Steelers</td><td>8-1</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Cincinnati Bengals</td><td>20-1</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Kansas City Chiefs</td><td>25-1</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Green Bay Packers</td><td>30-1</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Minnesota Vikings</td><td>30-1</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Washington Redskins</td><td>40-1</td></tr><tr class="last"><td>Houston Texans</td><td>60-1</td></tr></tbody></table>

I'm not sure, but it's in the NFC (Carolina, Arizona, or Seattle).

To be honest, if Dalton is healthy, Cincinnati might be the best team in the AFC, possibly followed by Kansas City. BTW, Pittsburgh with it's worst defense in the playoffs, doesn't scare me at all. Manning may (or may not) have one good game left, but I seriously doubt he has three left in him.

Of course, if the Pats get healthy, they could beat anyone.

Any way you cut it, there are just too many IFs in the AFC.

Right now I'd have to say Carolina is the best team in the NFL. With that said, I also believe that there's a good possibility of a rematch from SB 49.

I'm going with Arizona, Probably Carolina next.

The AFC is a pick 'em between NE, Denver and Pitt. I'd be tempted to throw in KC but then I remembered Andy Reid. The Bungles look one and done to me. The Texans are not worthy of notice.

I picked Arizona but Seattle looks to me like they could beat anyone and maybe do it easy. I know Carolina beat Seattle earlier in the year but right now I wouldn't want to play them.

Carolina and Cincy both have to prove they can win a playoff game. Same with any team Andy Reid is coaching.

I can more safely predict which teams are not going far: Texans, Vikings, Packers, Redskins (might win WC game but that's only 'cause Pack look weak and they play each other)

I picked Arizona but Seattle looks to me like they could beat anyone and maybe do it easy. I know Carolina beat Seattle earlier in the year but right now I wouldn't want to play them.

Carolina and Cincy both have to prove they can win a playoff game. Same with any team Andy Reid is coaching.

they won one last year. To me, Carson Palmer needs to prove he can win a playoff game.

they won one last year. To me, Carson Palmer needs to prove he can win a playoff game.

I stand corrected.... my recollection of them is a team that can't win in the playoffs. After they regular season they had they better not pull a Pey-Pey and gp one-and-done.

I think Palmer is still flaky. In Cincy he had all the weapons. Henry, Oco, good running backs and guys like Whitworth up front to protect him. He had good TEs as well.

He should be a lot better as he's got the skills and appears to be a good leader around the team. But he just can't get it done in the playoffs.

I have always, always thought Palmer was missing something, something mental, like killer instinct or clutch gene or something. He can make every throw. He has all the skills physically. I thought I am gonna have to eat my words this year...we'll see.

I think Palmer is still flaky. In Cincy he had all the weapons. Henry, Oco, good running backs and guys like Whitworth up front to protect him. He had good TEs as well.

He should be a lot better as he's got the skills and appears to be a good leader around the team. But he just can't get it done in the playoffs.

Palmer's weapons in AZ > Palmer's weapons in Cincy. Let's see how it plays out. I'll stand by my belief that the 'Skins can beat them. They beat 2 division rivals on the road down the stretch that were both very much in the hunt when they played them. For all intents and purposes they've already played 3 playoff games.

I really like Arizona, because of what they can do on defense. They have a surprisingly stout (and deep) DL that gets after the QB, Patrick Peterson IMO is the best corner in the game, and Jerraud Powers, although a tad undersized, has a knack for the ball. Losing Honey Badger hurts, but they've done well without him, especially crushing Green Bay.

I think yesterday was more a "don't get hurt and play vanilla" than a matchup issue. They had a bye secured, and wanted to stay healthy going into the playoffs.

Latest odds folks.

Three teams are 9/2 to win the SB. Pats, Panthers and Cards.

Most Superbowl teams have very good QB's. That would mean that

New England, Denver, Green Bay and Seattle would be my picks.

Green Bay is a dumpster fire.

Manning has been terrible this season.

How dare you include Manning and exclude Carson Palmer. Palmer has outplayed Manning a hundred times over this season.

yes

washed-up, injury-prone guy who has made a career out of coming up short in the playoffs

yes

only guy in the NFC I wouldn't take ahead of him is Bridgewater.

Back