Aldon Smith...

Can only wonder what his wonderlic score was

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2530.gif

And to think Jim Harbaugh recently mocked the Seahawks for their off-field troubles.

Like others have said, I think people may be jumping the gun a bit on this one.

I think it'd be hard to argue that Smith has the best judgment, as he clearly put himself in a position for this to happen. Much easier to stand still, be quiet, and go about your business. Obviously he did something to instigate this confrontation, even if it was a harmless/joking remark.

But what exactly he did, we don't know. Given how incredibly inconsistent/unresponsive, yet still entirely invasive the TSA is, I would not be be surprised if they did something less than fair themselves.

We shall see.

My wife's cousin was visiting from Lithuania a few years ago.

Going through security at JFK going home he made a joke about having a bomb.

The TSA agent smiled and told him they can't ignore such statements, even if they're pretty sure it's a joke.

He spent three days in jail until he had his hearing.

So assuming that policy still stands, if he said the wrong thing, he would get busted.

A 14 year old dutch girl was apparently just arrested after tweeting threats to american airlines or some such.

A 14 year old dutch girl was apparently just arrested after tweeting threats to american airlines or some such.

I suspect that a factor in such reactions is similar to the "zero tolerance" policies at schools.

They don't want the people to use their judgement regarding to arrest/investigate, or not, to reduce the probability of discrimination lawsuits or accusations of "profiling".

So that's why they search grandmothers and toss everyone who cracks a joke in jail.

I suspect that a factor in such reactions is similar to the "zero tolerance" policies at schools. They don't want the people to use their judgement regarding to arrest/investigate, or not, to reduce the probability of discrimination lawsuits or accusations of "profiling". So that's why they search grandmothers and toss everyone who cracks a joke in jail.
There a few things you never do. That's making fake bomb, fire or killing threats in public. That's a one way traffic to jail & a big fine

Many European countries don't have the same freedom of speech that we take for granted here in the US, so this could be a much bigger deal over there.

It happened at the behest of AA and the FBI, as far as I understand
I seriously doubt that AA had any influence what so ever with the Dutch police, but I suppose it's possible that the US Gov't could have influenced them. They are denying that either had any influence, though.

BTW, In an strange twist, apparently, AA is getting more threats from children.

Joke bomb threats on Twitter: The most terrifying teenage trend?

As a 14-year-old girl is arrested for a 'joke bomb threat', other teens jump on the bandwagon and send their own prank tweets to airlines. Radhika Sanghani asks why young people are suddenly so passionate about mocking terrorism . . .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...witter-The-most-terrifying-teenage-trend.html

As a 14-year-old girl is arrested for a 'joke bomb threat', other teens jump on the bandwagon and send their own prank tweets to airlines. Radhika Sanghani asks why young people are suddenly so passionate about mocking terrorism . . .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...witter-The-most-terrifying-teenage-trend.html

For American kids I would have to assume because the big one happened about the same time they were born, it just doesn't register the same way as for people that saw it happen, as it happened.

The only thing I can think of that would be close, would be the phrase "drinking the koolaid", which of course happened when I was around one, just no real impact to me.

SSDD

We had the TSA descend on our flight home (from Vegas to Minneapolis, from where we flew back to London). They started searching people just before take-off was due when we had all been ready to go much sooner. Of all the people we dealt with in the States, they were the least impressive by far. It felt like they were justifying a large budget more than anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

We had the TSA descend on our flight home (from Vegas to Minneapolis, from where we flew back to London). They started searching people just before take-off was due when we had all been ready to go much sooner. Of all the people we dealt with in the States, they were the least impressive by far. It felt like they were justifying a large budget more than anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did they use lube?

Adam Schefter <S>@</S>AdamSchefter <SMALL class=time>9h </SMALL>
49ers are not expected to pick up the fifth-year option on LB Aldon Smith's contract, per league source.

Back