Amusing Article Form Boston Globe

Sorry, nothing personal, but Shaugnessy sucks. He loves to stick the knife into the back of local fans.

Yeah Bid. It is humorous to point then it gets painful about halfway thrugh and a little stupid too. I don't mind Dan's work but it does seem at times that he likes it better when our teams loose....

Sorry, nothing personal, but Shaugnessy sucks. He loves to stick the knife into the back of local fans.
Your opinion is appreciated. I think a sense of humor heals wounds. The ability to laugh at yourself in tough times is an asset. :) " He who laughs last............didn't get the joke." :rolleyes: :poke: :peace:

Your opinion is appreciated. I think a sense of humor heals wounds. The ability to laugh at yourself in tough times is an asset. :) " He who laughs last............didn't get the joke." :rolleyes: :poke: :peace:

Except with Shaugnessy, I honestly don't think it has anything to do with humor. It's not humorous. It's a :poke: at Pats fans that have criticized him for years. It's a :poke: at the Krafts who don't invite him to closed events and won't grant him special access.

This is my opinion on the writer and in no way reflects any opinion I have of you.

Except with Shaugnessy, I honestly don't think it has anything to do with humor. It's not humorous. It's a :poke: at Pats fans that have criticized him for years. It's a :poke: at the Krafts who don't invite him to closed events and won't grant him special access.

This is my opinion on the writer and in no way reflects any opinion I have of you.

He IMHO flip flops on his opinion of the teams we root for and on the fans who root for those teams.
One day he is on your side next he isn't

Similar to Clayton and Bob Ryan to name a few.

I know they are in the media but sheesh

I won't clik on the original link posted above now but at one time I would have.......

I was once an avid fan of Shaughnessey but then I discovered the Internet and for those of you, like me, who don't choose to read him any longer

go here ----> http://danshaughnessy.blogspot.com/

3 things pushed me away from the Shaughnessey table:

1.) his long, cloyingly-annoying column on how wonderful his niece Meghann Shaugnessey was in her quest for WTA stardom (whatsamatter, don't the Shaughnessey's have Family renuinions to cuddle&bum-rub together??)

2.) his 2005 Theo Epstein v. Larry Lucchino disastrously disingenuous diatribe column

3.) his sophomoric, snide, sanctimonious sniping of The Kraft Organization for daring to inform him to take his Patriots opinions and shove them up his ass by not issuing him an invitation to some press luncheon/bruncheon they held

as a "sports reporter" Shaughnessey can FOAD hard --- he'll never equal another Dan who wrote from his heart to the hearts of his audience without letting his ego get in the way

Shaughnessy isn't worth a read. Sorry.

I can't remember the last thing of the curly haired boyfriend's I read, it's been a long time. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Dan can go **** himslef. He is a POS! This is the same guy that called Big Papi a "piece of you know what" when it was reported that the red Sox had interest in him when he became a freee agent. Since then Dan has tried to spin that quote as being taken out of context (funny how they hide behind the same things that they lambaste sports personalities for). But It hasn't. It was said on Sports Final. Dan and Gordon Edes were there to disscuss a controversial column by Will McDonough (he would die about a week latter) written that week, in which Will ripped Larry Lucino from pillar to post and said that Larry was only bidding his time with the Sox 'till the Expos were moved to Washington (from Montreal) because he wanted to be part of big time Washington politics. Dan was defending his buddy Larry but did his best not to call out Will for writting a hattched job of a column (He wouldn't have had the balls to take on Will, especially since every other of his columns is a hattche job). As they were wrapping up Lobel asks about the Sox interest in Big Papi. Dan says some thing to the effect that if the Sox are really are intersted in him then Will might be wright about them afterall. He turned to Gordon and said that he was there for the ALCS and he saw that this guy is a giant "piece of you know what".
Ever take a look in the mirror Dan??? I would be extremely offended if anyone called my sh!t a Dan Shaugnessy.

Holly shit! He has only 3 posts and he allready does not suck ass! The memberless members must be repping the hell out of him. It must be the name.

I can't remember the last thing of the curly haired boyfriend's I read, it's been a long time. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

nope, nothing the CHB writes is very good. He loves it when teams fail. You aren't missing much by avoiding his columns.

I'm not a giant Shaughnessy fan, but I did chuckle at this:

"Jonathan Kraft would be using the new Vince Lombardi Trophy as a hood ornament for his Benz."

Back