Any plans for the 4th?

Hosting a very large family reunion on Sunday. My mother is the matriarch of the family which now goes 5 generations deep. She recently turned 80 and we are surprising her by getting every single member of the family together in one spot for the first time in anyone's memory. We have people from around the country coming in. We expect roughly 80 family members as well as some friends. Estimate is about 100 total.

Party time :toast::dance::party:

EPIC!! That is the stuff life is made of and so precious! Cheers!

I wish both sides of my family would do something like that. My dad's side is pretty close now. My mom's side, that is a different story. My Grandma on her side and the one uncle that lives in state still talk to us (even though they both should be in a padded cell). My moms sister doesn't talk to us. My uncle in California hasn't talked to us in years. My uncle in Colorado doesn't talk often, but still doesn't not talk to us. The rest of my moms side, I really don't know.

That sounds like one hell of a good time. We did something similar a number of years ago. A nice twist was that my Dad had been a prolific 8mm home movie maker. My sister went through his box of films and found many gems with all the extended family in them, and converted them to video... and showed the video, set to music, at the party. It was awesome.

My congratulations for the size of your family event. Some 20+ years ago we had a family reunion at a resort just outside of Phoenix, Ariziona. We had 56 out of 59 family members show up and they were also from all over the country. Many of those who attended are gone now and the number is slowly dwindling, but the memories of those 5 days will never be forgotten. Have a great time and congratulations to your 80 year old mom for being able to see everyone together.

It's really great that such a large family is willing and able to gather for such a memorable event.

:toast:

EPIC!! That is the stuff life is made of and so precious! Cheers!

We are freakin' psyched. It's been 7 months in the making with some help from most of the sibs. Got the last one committed just last week (a hospital Dr. who was waiting to be granted the day off).

There will be lots of pics on Facebook. My kids come in tomorrow from MT and NYC (double psyched about that). There will be fireworks, music, bonfire and maybe a bit of drinking.

Hope everyone else has just as much fun.

I'm going to build a little fire pit with some rocks I have gathered while working in the yard and woods over the last few years. Get the grill going and sit around a fire at least one night this weekend. I have some nice steaks all queued up and ready to roll.

hope you got the mustard

1267667542569.gif

Back