Are you happy with the Drake Maye pick?

Well, if you sit the QB, then you can attack the team building next offseason as well. So that gives you 2 offseason, FA and draft to get the team locked and ready for Maye. They will have a pretty high pick next year as well. The 2025 NFL season is where the Pats are looking to.

Edit to add for clarification. Do you mean that if you sit the QB you would rather select someone lower?
Considering they blew off FA, they'd damn well better hit on these picks. Because if you blow the draft too, now you've got Drake Maye sitting on the bench for nothing.

Well, if you sit the QB, then you can attack the team building next offseason as well. So that gives you 2 offseason, FA and draft to get the team locked and ready for Maye. They will have a pretty high pick next year as well. The 2025 NFL season is where the Pats are looking to.

Edit to add for clarification. Do you mean that if you sit the QB you would rather select someone lower? IE Penix or what not?
I think we should have chosen another player and picked a QB later IMHO

~Dee~

Considering they blew off FA, they'd damn well better hit on these picks. Because if you blow the draft too, now you've got Drake Maye sitting on the bench for nothing.

They didn't blow off FA. They tried to get a big time guy, he said no thanks. Again, much like the draft they need to want to come to NE as well and that not as easy as it used to be. There will be a lot of things to look at this coming spring and during camp obviously.

~Dee~
Certainly a sound strategy. I mean, in this draft, you passed on Marvin Harrison, and Adonai Mitchell, twice. You had damn well better hope that Maye and Polk hit. That's all I'm saying.

They didn't blow off FA. They tried to get a big time guy, he said no thanks. Again, much like the draft they need to want to come to NE as well and that not as easy as it used to be. There will be a lot of things to look at this coming spring and during camp obviously.
You're not really falling for that, are you? They tried to lowball Ridley, and didn't offer on anyone else. The best FA they signed was Gibson. Other that re-signing guys from a 4-13 team, that is.

~Dee~

I respectfully disagree with that. Maye was too good to pass up and Minny offering what they did..knew something. Thats something is that Maye is the real deal and they were taking their shot, but the Pats said no thanks.

You're not really falling for that, are you? They tried to lowball Ridley, and didn't offer on anyone else. The best FA they signed was Gibson. Other that re-signing guys from a 4-13 team, that is.
From what I know it was a very competitive offer. Also, does Onwenu suck? How about Henry? He suck too? Duggar..yeah that dude is a bit overpaid but does he suck? A massive ton of that 4-13 team fell on noodle arm. They easily would have been 10-7 or 9-8 if they had a decent QB. That changes the metrics right?

QB would have been a year or 2 away in my grand scheme of things … I think other offensive positions needed to be filled prior IMHO

if you’re going to sit a QB I would have taken a lower pick but that’s just me …

~Dee~
Draft a LT high next year when they actually will need him… 🤷‍♂️

I respectfully disagree with that. Maye was too good to pass up and Minny offering what they did..knew something. Thats something is that Maye is the real deal and they were taking their shot, but the Pats said no thanks.
That’s ok I dissargree I really hope Im wrong but in a rebuild QB wouldn't be my first pick with no supporting cast….

~Dee~

Last edited:
Draft a LT high next year when they actually will need him… 🤷‍♂️
We aren’t going anywhere this year we have a QB Birssett , build the surrounding cast …. Then you have better options at QB in the following years or take a lower pick with potential and work with him….. thats all all I’m saying

~Dee~

Last edited:
Top 5 next year imo…
Then you can get your elite tackle or WR next year with that pick or trade back. See what develops this year and go off of that. I'd still like a lockdown corner opposite Gonzo. And what if we get lucky and Maye is a Burrow type and next year they get his Chase? That would be okay, right?

From what I know it was a very competitive offer. Also, does Onwenu suck? How about Henry? He suck too? Duggar..yeah that dude is a bit overpaid but does he suck? A massive ton of that 4-13 team fell on noodle arm. They easily would have been 10-7 or 9-8 if they had a decent QB. That changes the metrics right?
We will find out if that's the case. Onwenu is a good player. Henry is a good player. They both played all season and contributed to 4-13. This all goes back to the rebuild, if you're going to rebuild, rebuild. Don't just 'run it all back without Belichick and Mac Jones'. That's not a rebuild, that's PR.

Then you can get your elite tackle or WR next year with that pick or trade back. See what develops this year and go off of that. I'd still like a lockdown corner opposite Gonzo.
Could have had that at 34. Or 37. They'd better hope McKinistry isn't a probowler his rookie year or something.

Could have had that at 34. Or 37. They'd better hope McKinistry isn't a probowler his rookie year or something.
Thats fair enough and we will find out in the future. The draft is a crapshoot for every team really so it might just happen or the Pats picks might end up being Pro Bowlers.

Let’s be clear. The behaviour of the Krafts has killed any optimism of a solid rebuild.

As others have said, they did nothing in FA and now the draft has been very very, meh.

I mean Mayo went into FA excited and determined to get good players. He thought he had a big bag of cash and was set on using it and said so to the world. And then the got the call from upstairs and was likely severely wrapped on the knuckles, told to get his hands out of the Krafts pockets and had to cringingly backtrack to the media on his comments and we ended up with nobody of note in FA.

Mayo is fucked imho. He has a shitstorm above him with ownership. Jonathan Kraft is meddling and will meddle, the press are even saying it now and Mayo also has to deal with this silly Robyn Glazer woman, a run of the mill, grey executive used to the vagaries of cardboard manufacturing and shipping, now essentially Mayo’s boss. It’s ridiculous.

We had massive needs across the board and have not filled any of them. It’s too early to say if Maye is the guy and in many ways how can he be of the team have given him nothing to work with?

It’s a good thing Brissett is a tough fucker because he is going to spend the year getting absolutely battered from pillar to post by D lines across the league.

It would have probably taken 28 to 30 mill per year to get Ridley. He isn’t worth that.
QB has been THE problem since Brady left. Maye is worth where he was drafted. We should all be very excited.
I don’t get this, this forum loved Mac and it was obvious he was average at best from the time he was drafted. Plus bad leadership. All of this was obvious. I’d get called a hater and shredded for stating it.
Likewise it’s obvious Maye has great leadership and a chance to be a truly great QB, and this forum seems totally down on him. On the Maye pick alone this draft has been knocked out if the park. He’s gonna be the Patriots QB for the next 12 years.

It would have probably taken 28 to 30 mill per year to get Ridley. He isn’t worth that.
QB has been THE problem since Brady left. Maye is worth where he was drafted. We should all be very excited.
I don’t get this, this forum loved Mac and it was obvious he was average at best from the time he was drafted. Plus bad leadership. All of this was obvious. I’d get called a hater and shredded for stating it.
Likewise it’s obvious Maye has great leadership and a chance to be a truly great QB, and this forum seems totally down on him. On the Maye pick alone this draft has been knocked out if the park. He’s gonna be the Patriots QB for the next 12 years.
I am on board with him. But I am willing to give him time to adjust/learn/grow instead of throwing him to the wolves. Until he disappoints repeatedly and badly I will wait and see. From the games I have seen him play he did well as far as managing the game. But going from college to the NFL is tricky.

Excited for what? Who will Maye throw to? Who will protect him?

Back