Are you happy with the Drake Maye pick?

I would absolutely love to hear Eliot Wolf speak candidly about his experience with the Krafts this off season as defacto GM.
We know he wanted Ridley and was told "no". Most of us agreed with that but how many other FAs did he want to pursue but was told "no"?
I'd like to know how much meddling he is encountering from ownership regarding the draft. The 2nd and 3rd picks are underwhelming for me.
Wolf or Krafts?

I found it quite interesting that Bob Kraft insisted that we offered Ridley more money, but his girlfriend didn't want to
move north, or here, whatever. Maybe he is sensitive to public claims that he and JonBoy are keeping the purse strings
tight and trying to deflect the blame elsewhere.

Not long after Wolf stated that he signed with the Titans because they offered him more money. Flat out.

Now, the question is did Wolf simply not know what Bob said or did he correct the record on purpose? I'd have
to think it was the latter.

We had over 20 years of one voice keeping the message clear, simple and on point. This is an example of what
happens when the lines get a little blurry.

I'd say Defacto Wolf's draft picks better show up bigtime or he might be looking for a job soon.

I'm thinking about it more. I think if Maye doesn't beat out Brissett at some point this year, there's something wrong. I don't think a full redshirt is possible. I was yesterday, but you're bringing in Joe Milton as well, who actually needs a redshirt. So Maye needs to beat them both out.

I'm thinking about it more. I think if Maye doesn't beat out Brissett at some point this year, there's something wrong. I don't think a full redshirt is possible. I was yesterday, but you're bringing in Joe Milton as well, who actually needs a redshirt. So Maye needs to beat them both out.
Thanksgiving. That’s the over under on Maye. I don’t think Mayo is in charge of the decision or under any pressure from wins or losses this year.

I don’t get this Calvin Ridley love. I see him as a WR 1/2. Yeah he’s better than a 2, but a true 1? I dunno. He’s probably still be a Jag.

Thanksgiving. That’s the over under on Maye. I don’t think Mayo is in charge of the decision or under any pressure from wins or losses this year.

I don’t get this Calvin Ridley love. I see him as a WR 1/2. Yeah he’s better than a 2, but a true 1? I dunno. He’s probably still be a Jag.
I think that's fair. Brissett's here for a good time, not a long time.

It's...slightly terrifying that Mayo wouldn't be in charge of who the starting QB will be, but you're probably not wrong on that either. I'd take them all to camp and let god sort it out, and take the best three, whoever they are, wherever they were drafted. The pre-coronation stuff before anyone takes a snap always makes me a little queasy.

Sure, it's a possibility that Drake moves the chains, makes solid decisions and he shows better technique, but I only want that
scenario if they actively try to keep him on the bench and the kid just won't cooperate by being really good really soon. I definitely don't want
this to be determined by non-football people meddling in football decisions.

I see that as a longshot, but certainly plausible by "some point" in the season. We have to consider that our version of the Erhardt Perkins O
was loaded with sight reads/adjustments and who would catch on quick and who wouldn't was notoriously unpredictable. Maybe AVP's WC won't be that bad.

I've read you're big on Milton and I liked watching him play. He's a beast. Never thought he would be here, but even though his stats weren't bad for the Vols it is
the opinion of virtually everybody that studied him that the kid has no clue how to read a D, has only run very basic systems and has other issues that didn't get fixed in
5 or 6 years in College. From the neck down he's as good as it gets, but maybe a shot at getting rich will light a fire between his ears, too.

Let's throw them all into the Thunderdome and see what happens and pedigrees shouldn't really matter.

Sure, it's a possibility that Drake moves the chains, makes solid decisions and he shows better technique, but I only want that
scenario if they actively try to keep him on the bench and the kid just won't cooperate by being really good really soon. I definitely don't want
this to be determined by non-football people meddling in football decisions.

I see that as a longshot, but certainly plausible by "some point" in the season. We have to consider that our version of the Erhardt Perkins O
was loaded with sight reads/adjustments and who would catch on quick and who wouldn't was notoriously unpredictable. Maybe AVP's WC won't be that bad.

I've read you're big on Milton and I liked watching him play. He's a beast. Never thought he would be here, but even though his stats weren't bad for the Vols it is
the opinion of virtually everybody that studied him that the kid has no clue how to read a D, has only run very basic systems and has other issues that didn't get fixed in
5 or 6 years in College. From the neck down he's as good as it gets, but maybe a shot at getting rich will light a fire between his ears, too.

Let's throw them all into the Thunderdome and see what happens and pedigrees shouldn't really matter.
I like all of this, and you're completely right.

I do want to posit this though. Aren't the things Joe Milton can't do...the same things Drake Maye can't do? I'll really need to see the huge difference between the two this summer, because watching them both play, to me, they're awfully similar players, with similar strengths and weaknesses.

I like all of this, and you're completely right.

I do want to posit this though. Aren't the things Joe Milton can't do...the same things Drake Maye can't do? I'll really need to see the huge difference between the two this summer, because watching them both play, to me, they're awfully similar players, with similar strengths and weaknesses.
Who has the bigger arm?

If they were that close, then Miton would have been drafted in the first round. Just stop with this crap.

If they were that close, then Miton would have been drafted in the first round. Just stop with this crap.
I don't think I will. I appreciate you using draft position as the be-all and end-all of talent evaluation though. God knows Giovanni Carmazzi was light years better than the 6th round QB that year.

I don't think I will. I appreciate you using draft position as the be-all and end-all of talent evaluation though. God knows Giovanni Carmazzi was light years better than the 6th round QB that year.
I'm not predicting the future as anything can happen. However for now, that isn't the truth or the fact. I could care less who the QB is for the Pats so long as they are a Top 10 or better yet Top 5 QB. Maye, Milton, whomever else. Doesn't change the fact that as we sit today, Milton isn't in Mayes universe. Period.

I'm not predicting the future as anything can happen. However for now, that isn't the truth or the fact. I could care less who the QB is for the Pats so long as they are a Top 10 or better yet Top 5 QB. Maye, Milton, whomever else. Doesn't change the fact that as we sit today, Milton isn't in Mayes universe. Period.
And you're basing that just on their draft position, right?

I've watched them both. Joe Milton is a flawed player. He lacks touch on his throws and is often inaccurate, and he could use better footwork in the pocket, though he's not afraid to hang in and take a hit. Drake Maye is similarly flawed. He has better touch on his throws, but he's also inaccurate at times, and his footwork can be downright bad, and he gives up on plays too quickly, and bails out of the pocket. Maye is better with progressions than Milton, but he locks in on one guy from time to time as well. He's got a lot of really good skills, but he's nowhere near a finished product, and has some pretty glaring flaws. So does Joe Milton. Milton also has a bigger arm and quicker release, and is bigger, and faster.

That's why I wasn't rubbing one out to take Maye at 3.

And you're basing that just on their draft position, right?

I've watched them both. Joe Milton is a flawed player. He lacks touch on his throws and is often inaccurate, and he could use better footwork in the pocket, though he's not afraid to hang in and take a hit. Drake Maye is similarly flawed. He has better touch on his throws, but he's also inaccurate at times, and his footwork can be downright bad, and he gives up on plays too quickly, and bails out of the pocket. Maye is better with progressions than Milton, but he locks in on one guy from time to time as well. He's got a lot of really good skills, but he's nowhere near a finished product, and has some pretty glaring flaws. So does Joe Milton. Milton also has a bigger arm and quicker release, and is bigger, and faster.

That's why I wasn't rubbing one out to take Maye at 3.
I didn't watch either of them really closely overall but watched a lot of video etc. Maye at this time looks to be a better overall QB, with a lot more touch and assertiveness. I think there is less to fix with Maye than there is with Milton and thats why he lasted until the 6th round. If he beats out Maye at any point then it's an absolute failure on the Pats to develop Maye. I love the fact they took Milton, and got him where they did. Push the 1st rounder, nothing is given but I am very happy with Maye as most are and should be.

I think that's fair. Brissett's here for a good time, not a long time.

It's...slightly terrifying that Mayo wouldn't be in charge of who the starting QB will be, but you're probably not wrong on that either. I'd take them all to camp and let god sort it out, and take the best three, whoever they are, wherever they were drafted. The pre-coronation stuff before anyone takes a snap always makes me a little queasy.
ummm...yep. coaches NOT being in charge of who plays is untenable imo. if that is true, i am sure mayo is just a figurehead. no real hc would agree that though his job depends on the performance of his players,he isn't going to be allowed to pick who those players are on the field.

I am happy with the Maye selection and why not ?.The Pats selected one of the best available QB's , Good ( we needed one of those ).There is absolutely nothing about Maye that makes me think this was a bad decision , it could prove to be a great decision if I envoke optimism.People will say he has this flaw or that and to them I would say , so does every other friggin QB on the planet have flaws ( cover your ears Mazz ) , even Tom Brady.I don't bet on a horse till I see him race so I won't get excited by Maye just yet but I content.

I do like the Milton acquisition , let Maye learn behind Bissett awhile and let Zappe and Milton duke it out for 3rd and dump the loser.I am surprised the decision making is as good on this , it almost gives one a fools hope that this train wreck can be put back on the tracks.

HS posted this Athletic article about Milton that tells a lot about why he didn't learn the mental aspects of the game.

Back