Babalu

Dearest Lord, thank You for the many gifts we receive from You. Thank You for Your Word to guide and teach us, thank You for Your Law which leads to true repentance and true forgiveness, thank You for the seed of faith planted and watered through Your Word. I ask Your continued mercy and care for Babalu and his family, strengthen them to endure and succeed during rehabilitation, guide them to seek Your Face in Your Word, to know You as Father and Christ as their Savior. In the Name of Christ Jesus, our Lord and Redeemer. Amen.

You missed a great game last night, babs... I think Pats have a bye week next week, so maybe you'll get to see them play their next game... :toast:

Hey babs, Pats traded Randy Moss and in doing so turned this board into a cross between Ganggreen and Patsfans. Maybe staying asleep for another week ain't such a bad thing! ;)

Quick Update: 10/6/2010

Sorry it took so long for this update, there hadn't been anything new to report. Jeff had a good morning today. Seems that he had his eyes open this morning for a while and was tracking the Occupational Therapist all around the room. He also moved his hand 10 out of 10 times when asked to do so by the OT.

I'm heading up to visit him tomorrow after work, I will give another update then.

Please keep up the positive thoughts and prayers.

Frank

------------------------------------------
Donate to Jeff via PayPal

Sorry it took so long for this update, there hadn't been anything new to report. Jeff had a good morning today. Seems that he had his eyes open this morning for a while and was tracking the Occupational Therapist all around the room. He also moved his hand 10 out of 10 times when asked to do so by the OT.

I'm heading up to visit him tomorrow after work, I will give another update then.

Frank

:clap:

Keep it up, boss.

Frank

Thanks frank...we will be waiting.

Well, he's kinda awake...now we need him to like move around and talk some shit.

Keep it up Babs...take your time, you ain't missing anything around here...:rolleyes:

Thanks frank...we will be waiting.

Well, he's kinda awake...now we need him to like move around and talk some shit.

Keep it up Babs...take your time, you ain't missing anything around here...:rolleyes:

I'm telling you if a portabella mushroom finds its way in that room, he WILL be awake.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the good news from Babalu's hospital room, and thank You for the Good News of Jesus Christ. I ask Your mercy to continue the healing for Babalu, strengthen his body to repair the damage, strengthen his mind to work through the confusion of his situation, strengthen his spirit to endure the rehabilitation and the frustration of working back to full health, grant him a full recovery in mind, body, and spirit, lead him to deal with his burdens by turning to Your Word and seeking Your Face. Bless his family for their perseverance, strengthen them to continue their efforts through the full return of his health, strengthen them as a family to grow together through Your Word. Grant our prayers for those things which are good to You, guide us to always ask for what is pleasing in Your sight and to turn to You in thanksgiving and in trouble; in the Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

C'mon man - we really need your take on this whole Randy Moss thing. Help us make some sense outta this deal.

Or, you know, help us make less sense out of it like you normally would help us do.
toetap-1.gif

C'mon man - we really need your take on this whole Randy Moss thing. Help us make some sense outta this deal.

Or, you know, help us make less sense out of it like you normally would help us do.
toetap-1.gif
I keep thinking about everything Babs would be saying about and to everyone about this deal.

My guess is a lot of

Nom
Nom
Nom

I miss you Babs.:sulk:

I miss needing a decoder ring AND Mikie to figure out what Babs babbles about. :(

:sulk:

Update: 10/7/2010

I went up to visit Jeff today. According to Jeff's wife and parents he had his best day yet. He was awake for over a half hour today. That's the longest period of time so far. He was looking all around his room, tracking his parents, his wife and a couple friends that were visiting. He even watched a little Sports Center. Everyone talked to him and just enjoyed the moment, they didn't bother to call in the doctors or nurses. Unfortunately by the time I showed up, the show was over and he was sleeping pretty heavily. Apparently being awake like that really wears him out.

A bit later on, Jeff's father was moving Jeff's feet and he opened his eyes again, we all started talking to him and his Mom told us to do it one at a time. I was standing next to him on his left and I began talking to him, he looked right at me. He also looked at some of the other people in the room when they talked to him. This only lasted a few minutes, but this time you could tell he was really looking at you, that there was some real comprehension going on. A couple weeks ago I visited him, he opened his eyes briefly but it was just a blank stare.

So that's two days in a row, where he was awake for an extended period. Maybe it's really happening now!

Keep up the thoughts and prayers!

Frank

Update: 10/7/2010

I went up to visit Jeff today. According to Jeff's wife and parents he had his best day yet. He was awake for over a half hour today. That's the longest period of time so far. He was looking all around his room, tracking his parents, his wife and a couple friends that were visiting. He even watched a little Sports Center. Everyone talked to him and just enjoyed the moment, they didn't bother to call in the doctors or nurses. Unfortunately by the time I showed up, the show was over and he was sleeping pretty heavily. Apparently being awake like that really wears him out.

A bit later on, Jeff's father was moving Jeff's feet and he opened his eyes again, we all started talking to him and his Mom told us to do it one at a time. I was standing next to him on his left and I began talking to him, he looked right at me. He also looked at some of the other people in the room when they talked to him. This only lasted a few minutes, but this time you could tell he was really looking at you, that there was some real comprehension going on. A couple weeks ago I visited him, he opened his eyes briefly but it was just a blank stare.

So that's two days in a row, where he was awake for an extended period. Maybe it's really happening now!

Keep up the thoughts and prayers!

Frank

Wonderful. Praise God. Thank you, as always, so much. All our prayers continue.

Cheers, BostonTim

More prayers on their way. Lets pray that they keep working.:toast:

Back