Bernard Pollard - Ruptured Achilles - IR

Not to be a contrarian here (well, maybe a little) but the only play that was MAYBE egregious was the Brady hit. And even on that one he was jumping forward and being pushed downward by the running back trying to block him.

The Welker play he was just in neighborhood and didn't even touch Welker.

The Gronk play, well, how the hell else to you try to tackle a beast like Gronk.

I'm not saying he's a great humanitarian or anything, but these guys all play a violent game and well... ______ happens.

((Just think he would have looked good in a Pats uniform, back in the day)).

This. Well said. I get the whole being mad that we lost our star players because of him but for christ sake, they're playing a contact sport. That stuff is going to happen. Nobody complained when Harrison was on our team and he's one of the dirtiest players in NFL history.

It wasn't just once with this guy.

He was in the vicinity on multiple teams on multiple occasions which significantly impacted potential Lombardi seasons.

He's bad mojo.

It wasn't just once with this guy.

He was in the vicinity on multiple teams on multiple occasions which significantly impacted potential Lombardi seasons.

He's bad mojo.

No doubt he's bad mojo but I don't think there's any questions that most people here wouldn't even know who he is if he wasn't involved in taking out several of our key players. I still don't believe he did any of it intentionally, he just plays hard and a little..okay A LOT wreckless.

No doubt he's bad mojo but I don't think there's any questions that most people here wouldn't even know who he is if he wasn't involved in taking out several of our key players. I still don't believe he did any of it intentionally, he just plays hard and a little..okay A LOT wreckless.

Yup.

And we were the victims. More than once.

When you're an 8-8 team it's one thing.

'08 Brady was set to be MONSTROUS!

'11 Gronk was a SB changer.

WW hurt, but not a lot woulda changed IMO.

I actually hate Ryan Clark more than I hate Pollard. That said...I joke about Pollard too and Pollard has acted sort of douchey about some of those plays. That bothers me more than the plays themselves.

I'm MUCH more pissed at TJ Ward who basically admitted he took out Gronk's acl on purpose (a/k/a went low on purpose) so he wouldn't get fined for hitting him high.

Yeah, no one is upset about the actual hits Pollard made. The one on Brady was borderline dirty, ditto for the one on Gronk. Outside of that, he's done nothing wrong.

What we dislike (loathe, rather) is his dick'ish, flippant attitude about the situations. He brushed them off by saying something along the lines of, "I truly don't care, Brady is just another player, Gronk is just another player. I did nothing wrong, I don't care."

He showed ZERO empathy, he had absolutely no sensitivity to what happened.

I mean no one thinks Pollard should send them flowers in the hospital or anything but as much as some people bag on Rodney for being dirty, he thought about retiring after he accidentally took out Trent Green in the 99 preseason.

Yeah, no one is upset about the actual hits Pollard made. The one on Brady was borderline dirty, ditto for the one on Gronk. Outside of that, he's done nothing wrong.

What we dislike (loathe, rather) is his dick'ish, flippant attitude about the situations. He brushed them off by saying something along the lines of, "I truly don't care, Brady is just another player, Gronk is just another player. I did nothing wrong, I don't care."

He showed ZERO empathy, he had absolutely no sensitivity to what happened.

He's a football player.. not Dr. Phil :)

I'm MUCH more pissed at TJ Ward who basically admitted he took out Gronk's acl on purpose (a/k/a went low on purpose) so he wouldn't get fined for hitting him high.

I'm blaming that one on GoodHELL :)

Not to get political, but I blame it on the greed of past players. It's a direct response to that nonsense concussion settlement that basically purports that all concussion damage and knowledge was the sole responsibility of the NFL just because they have the deepest pockets and are the easiest to sue as one entity. I'm not saying I want people to get concussions. I am 100% in favor of independent doctors for players, having a protocol etc etc. and I would probably hold a player out the next week who had one regardless of if he passed the tests or not. BUT...there has to be a better solution that making people take out other people's ACLS instead.

When you listened to him talk, he didn't care at all about what he did.

He doesn't need to break down in tears, but some amount of contrition and empathy is to be expected from any human being.

A totally nonchalant, IDGAF attitude is what bothered me.

Not to get political, but I blame it on the greed of past players. It's a direct response to that nonsense concussion settlement that basically purports that all concussion damage and knowledge was the sole responsibility of the NFL just because they have the deepest pockets and are the easiest to sue as one entity. I'm not saying I want people to get concussions. I am 100% in favor of independent doctors for players, having a protocol etc etc. and I would probably hold a player out the next week who had one regardless of if he passed the tests or not. BUT...there has to be a better solution that making people take out other people's ACLS instead.

I don't disagree with any this.

Correct me if I am wrong here as I'm not totally following the details, but isn't the league kinda refusing to negotiate in good faith here. Instead of coming to a reasonable settlement isn't the league choosing to go overboard on the "we give a shit" card regarding player safety as a way of stonewalling the money-grabbe.. errr, former players. Yes the former players are after a money grab here. But I don't know that a settlement can't be reached that is reasonable to all. Remember that everything is posturing until the dollars are on the table.

I think GoodHELL is talking about of both sides of his ars.. errr, mouth here. Yapping about player safety, punishing marginal hits, ruining padded practice time and oh btw, trying to weasel less preseason and more regular season games, more international travel that takes a wear and tear on the body and trying to get more teams with extended seasons by increasing the playoff teams. He's trying to have it both ways.

It is today's reality that the game is being ruined by the league itself with all the legislation they are building into the game. They are using punishment to modify behavior. They WANT players going low and they are willing to sacrifice any number of ACL's in the process.

He doesn't need to break down in tears, but some amount of contrition and empathy is to be expected from any human being.

I dunno... These guys play a violent sport. As long as they aren't saying, "Fvck yeah I'm glad he's hurt", I'm okay with their nonchalance". Could just be me tho...

I'd rather he show he DGAF than faking that he does.... :shrug:

Did Rodney Harrison ever care about what he did? Wasn't he voted the dirtiest player in the NFL three times? Did he show any contrition or empathy?. I find it interesting that while RH was getting suspended for PEDs and racking up $200K in fines for dirty play, Patriot fans considered him tough or hard nosed but Pollard is somehow more despicable.
Posted via Mobile Device

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuClWeD9ouI

http://nesn.com/2012/01/bernard-pol...n-tom-brady-calls-quarterback-the-pretty-boy/

“You got to look at it. That’s the pretty boy, that’s the man of the NFL, that’s ‘Mr. Do It All,’ so everybody wants to hold that against me, but I don’t care,” Pollard told the Ravens team website.
Pollard can go **** himself for all I care. Hopefully after he gets a stapf infection which is so bad it doesn't allow him to play another snap in this league. http://nesn.com/2012/01/bernard-pol...n-tom-brady-calls-quarterback-the-pretty-boy/

From the link....

"Like I've said before," he told the Baltimore Sun, "with these rules they're putting in, you're going to get guys hurt because now when you tell a guy, 'OK, don't hit in the chest. We know you can't hit in the head, but don't hit in the chest either,' what everybody is going to start doing is going after people's knee because you've got to bring them down some way, somehow.

"So now you get those hits on the knees, you're going to have some guys going out. So are they trying to make this flag football? You never know. So I think with the rules they're implementing, we've got to be ready to go. We've got to be ready as defenders. We respond, and we react, and we react to them."

He's 100% right on this. I appreciate that he's not sugarcoating it. Telling it like it is... :)

From the link....

"Like I've said before," he told the Baltimore Sun, "with these rules they're putting in, you're going to get guys hurt because now when you tell a guy, 'OK, don't hit in the chest. We know you can't hit in the head, but don't hit in the chest either,' what everybody is going to start doing is going after people's knee because you've got to bring them down some way, somehow.

"So now you get those hits on the knees, you're going to have some guys going out. So are they trying to make this flag football? You never know. So I think with the rules they're implementing, we've got to be ready to go. We've got to be ready as defenders. We respond, and we react, and we react to them."

He's 100% right on this. I appreciate that he's not sugarcoating it. Telling it like it is... :)
Cmon, the ****head was blocked and lying flat on his stomach and had no reason to lunge at Brady's knees the way he did. All the above quotes show to me is he's using the rules to exempt himself from criticism for seriously injuring a "pretty boy".

Well, others can call him for what he is as well while not sugarcoating it too.

Back