Bethel Johnson to the CFL

What a SHOCK!!!! :rolleyes:

Hopefully he'll find some consistent success up there... Maybe even as more then just a kick returner.

Good luck to him... But what a waste of a 2nd round pick! :banghead:

Bethel Johnson...the dude that every year I would say maybe THIS is the year he gets cut...wait what? He made the team again????

Bethel Johnson...the dude that every year I would say maybe THIS is the year he gets cut...wait what? He made the team again????

I always confuse him and Bam Childress. Bam is the guy that I hope for as he kicks all sorts of ass for us in pre-season.

I always confuse him and Bam Childress. Bam is the guy that I hope for as he kicks all sorts of ass for us in pre-season.
Bam's gone isn't he? He does kick all kinds of ass in pre-season. I think I remember someone signing him off the PS.

EDIT....he signed a 2 year deal with the Eagles.

Bam's gone isn't he? He does kick all kinds of ass in pre-season. I think I remember someone signing him off the PS.

EDIT....he signed a 2 year deal with the Eagles.

Good. Guys on the fence should get pushed off on account of being Buckeyes and all.

Resume builder

Bethel Johnson was one of the more disappointing draft choices of the Bill Belichick/Scott Pioli regime in New England (2000-present), but Johnson seems to be benefiting from his three-year Patriots stint.
Johnson signed with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League over the weekend, with the Toronto Star providing some more details. On the main page of the Argonauts website, the club touts the signing of the "two-time Super Bowl champion."
Surely, Johnson played a role in the Patriots' 2003 and 2004 titles -- his 92-yard kickoff return at Indianapolis in 2003 was electrifying -- but he never truly met expectations after the Patriots traded up to select him in the second round (45th overall).
Yet in a reminder that a Super Bowl ring can open many doors, Johnson's career is still tied to the Patriots' back-to-back titles.

More...

I remember how friggin fast he was. The rumors of how inept he was (even off the field) didn't feel good.

Just because you're friggin fast, doesn't mean much if you can't do the rest.

Just because you're friggin fast, doesn't mean much if you can't do the rest.

Troy Williamson kinda springs to mind.

CFL seems to be a great playground for former 1st round busts - I wonder whatever happened to Freddie Mitchell.

In other news: Peter Warrick has now also joined that above forementioned list.

Back