Bill and Kraft part ways

I want to see an announcement by the Patriots before I accept this. The media hounds just can't wait for an official announcement to be made.

Now.....let's throw up a curveball....

If Buffalo loses in the playoffs, could Bill end up there? We know he loves Josh Allen and they have a great D there

I'm sad and the team could very well regret this, but things didn't appear to be on the upswing, so maybe it's time. Interesting to see where Bill goes and who we get.

My dream is Bill stays on as an advisor, stepping into like the Ernie Adams role and the new coach (Vrabel) being able to utilize his vast knowledge during practice and game day. There is so much knowledge and so much he can notice that can help during a game.

He should retire a Patriot, even moreso than Brady.

Rapoport already confirmed it. I'd say it's pretty legit at this point.
With all due respect, Rap is not employed by the NE Patriots. So, I want to see an official announcement by the team. The media hounds have gotten too many things wrong over the years.
It's probably true, but I want it official.

Godspeed Bill Belichick. As with Brady, I wish nothing but continued success and happiness, and a bittersweet goodbye to the greatest coach in football history.

Having said that, it was time for him to go.....at least in New England. The downward spiral of the team since Brady left has been painful to watch, and rather than rebuilding, the team has been declining year after year. How much Bill has to do with this is almost irrelevant.

Sometimes change is needed for the sake of change. Sometimes new life can only be achieved with the death of the old one.

I believe the Patriots will be better off going forward with a new coaching staff, and I believe and hope that Bill will be better off going forward with a new team. I believe this will be a win-win.

Whatever team Coach lands with, I will be fan, and will be cheering on Bill and his new team without rancor, without reservation.

Thank you for everything, Bill. The 21st century as a Patriots fan has been magnificent thus far, thanks in large part to Bill. Thank you for drafting Tom Brady and keeping him as a 4th quarterback on the roster his rookie year. You knew what you had, and I know that Tom Brady would never have become Tom Brady without Coach Belichick, and vice versa.

All good things must come to an end....but hopefully this is just the end of a long, glorious chapter, and not an epilogue.

This, my favorite poem, is today dedicated to Bill Belichick;

Out through the fields and the woods
And over the walls I have wended;
I have climbed the hills of view
And looked at the world, and descended;
I have come by the highway home,
And lo, it is ended.

The leaves are all dead on the ground,
Save those that the oak is keeping
To ravel them one by one
And let them go scraping and creeping
Out over the crusted snow,
When others are sleeping.

And the dead leaves lie huddled and still,
No longer blown hither and thither;
The last lone aster is gone;
The flowers of the witch hazel wither;
The heart is still aching to seek,
But the feet question ‘Whither?’

Ah, when to the heart of man

Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?

Vrabel will be hired once the required interviews are fulfilled.

Part of me does not want BB to coach elsewhere. However, I also want him to surpass Shula badly. And I will be cheering for Belichick to do so...just like I cheered for Brady to win his 7th Super Bowl.
If he does it in Atlanta, fine. Two easy games a year against the Panthers and two very winnable games against the Saints. Bucs could be good for a few years if Mayfield stays. Their schedule for the 24 season has the AFCW in it, and the NFCE.

I posted a pic like the below years ago on this board, saying this is how I will always remember the Patriots. HC BB discussing strategy during a game with his trusted Lieutenant who is listening intently. Such a brilliant, iconic duo.

GDkAaN6W8AA3h_x

Last edited:
Again, the Mayo factor can't be tossed aside. If Mayo was promised the position by Kraft post Bill, there will be a huge issue.
Schefter was on ESPN a short time ago saying Mayo is the leading candidate to replace Bill. Not sure if that is based on intel received prior to the Vrabel firing, but he said it not more than 30 minutes ago.

Take whatever you want out of this but it does seem like it will come down to either Mayo or Vrabel.

Looks like Curran was right.
I certainly won’t miss Bill Belichick. he should have been canned for benching Butler after the Eagles Super Bowl. Hopefully we get an offensive minded coach not from his coaching tree.

Back