Bob Sanders Def Player of Year?

grog

Chief Instigation Officer
Reaction score
While I think he is good, is he really the best defensive player of the year? He is obviously the spark of the Colts, but I don't know if he would be my choice for this award.

I think he deserved it. The Colts defense is awful without him.

I'd say well earned. There might be a couple other names, but when you add in worth to the team, he takes it. I don't think Colts win the division without him.

Despite throwing to Moss on approx 50% of second half throws, Sanders was rarely immediately involved in any of NE's pass plays earlier this year.

He is a great player who has been handed more credit than he deserves for Indy's defensive resurgence.

That said, I do think that he was the one who set the intensity level that all the others strive for.

Actually if you watch past games sanders seems to have rubbed off on players like jackson hayden bethea and many more. They didn't lay the lumber like they do now until uncle bob showed em how.

I can't argue with this.

Chuck.U.Farley on 01-07-2008 at 03:16 PM said:
Actually if you watch past games sanders seems to have rubbed off on players like jackson hayden bethea and many more. They didn't lay the lumber like they do now until uncle bob showed em how.

That is just wrong, and by wrong I mean deviantly sick, in so many many ways that I don't even want to get into it.

How is it wrong watch all the guys i mentioned in there first seasons they never hit like that. Then one day boom they all started hitting like sanders. Now they don't cover the field like he does but they can lay the hit. Being around a top notch player rubs off im sure the pats have had the same effect out of some on your roster.

Chuck.U.Farley on 01-07-2008 at 03:16 PM said:

Which is why I said this:

That said, I do think that he was the one who set the intensity level that all the others strive for.

:thumb: :archive:

Chuck.U.Farley on 01-07-2008 at 03:22 PM said:
How is it wrong watch all the guys i mentioned in there first seasons they never hit like that. Then one day boom they all started hitting like sanders. Now they don't cover the field like he does but they can lay the hit. Being around a top notch player rubs off im sure the pats have had the same effect out of some on your roster.

I think he is speaking of the molestation undertones.

At least, for my sake I hope that is what he is saying because otherwise I have some serious issues.

Freeney should have won it because without Freeney Sanders is nothing. Look at Sanders stats before Freeney was there. Freeney is the real DMVP! Yada Yada Yada... Blah Blah Blah....

:D

I think his biceps deserve all the credit.

Yeah, with biceps like that, one wonders if he trains with Roger Clemens...

grogsox* on 01-07-2008 at 03:51 PM said:
Yeah, with biceps like that, one wonders if he trains with Roger Clemens...
Dude, where do you think they got HGH from?

Bob Sanders sweat is a performance enhancing drug.

Seriously though, I have a major Mancrush on Bob. Dude is everywhere on every play. I still say Freeney is the more important of the two, but the thought of Sanders playing for any other team makes Jaric sad.

jaric on 01-07-2008 at 04:28 PM said:
Dude, where do you think they got HGH from?

Bob Sanders sweat is a performance enhancing drug.

Seriously though, I have a major Mancrush on Bob. Dude is everywhere on every play. I still say Freeney is the more important of the two, but the thought of Sanders playing for any other team makes Jaric sad.

Makes ICB sad, too...

Back