Borges will be looking for exoneration.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
on whether the Patriots signing David Terrell was a good move:

"We’ll see, it might be. In which case it will exonerate me and all those people who have ripped me in the past will come back and say Ron you were right, I was wrong, I’m sorry I said that these terrible things about you all these years…and you know, BostonSportsMedia I’m sure will print a LARGE, you know, retraction for the things they said."

From BSMW

Wrongful Ron explains his motivation for doing what he does, not report about the Patriots, but revenge for the perceived wrongdoings against him. Paranoid old b....rd.

OK, as soon as Terrell turns out to be better than Seymour, then I'll consider an apology.

:blink:
________
stocks to buy now

LOL - Borges is clueless. How he can juxtapose his original drivel with what the Pats are doing now is beyond me ... I doubt a keg of Jim Beam could solve this boy's problems. Then again, be a hell of a waste of good Jim Beam ....

dchester said:
OK, as soon as Terrell turns out to be better than Seymour, then I'll consider an apology.

:blink:

A member on BSMW had a similar reply. Essentially, as soon as Borges apologizes for his analysis of the Seymour pick (too tall, underachieved at Georgia, etc) then maybe we'll consider an apology if Terrell pans out.

I keep looking at it and wondering what it means.

I've read it several times now and can't decide if he is trying to say that the same guy that was practically run out of Chicago and we picked up as a backup for short money would have actually turned out to be a better pick than Seymour and that we should all bend down and kiss his saintly rear.

I't CAN'T be that.

Am I missing something? Throw me a bone, people. :(

Hawg73 said:
I keep looking at it and wondering what it means.

I've read it several times now and can't decide if he is trying to say that the same guy that was practically run out of Chicago and we picked up as a backup for short money would have actually turned out to be a better pick than Seymour and that we should all bend down and kiss his saintly rear.

I't CAN'T be that.

Am I missing something? Throw me a bone, people. :(

milkbone_01.jpg

Essentially, as soon as Borges apologizes for his analysis of the Seymour pick (too tall, underachieved at Georgia, etc) then maybe we'll consider an apology if Terrell pans out.

He should stick to the Boxing articles. Then I won't have to read him.

Oh well, at least he gets into fights with other columnists so you have to give him credit for that one.

Patriots4ever said:
Essentially, as soon as Borges apologizes for his analysis of the Seymour pick (too tall, underachieved at Georgia, etc) then maybe we'll consider an apology if Terrell pans out.

He should stick to the Boxing articles. Then I won't have to read him.

Oh well, at least he gets into fights with other columnists so you have to give him credit for that one.

Yeah, other columnists who are handicapped relegated to wheelchairs :rolleyes:

This guys is an idiot. Even if Terrell plays well for the Pats it does not exonerate Borges.

Picking Seymour over Terrell was the correct move. Seymour has been one of the top 2-3 DLs in the entire NFL for the past 4 years, Terrell has not been even close to top 20 at his position. Even if Terrell were to become a top 3 NFL receiver now (unlikely) that still will not make up for his performances over the past 4 years.

I guess what I am saying is, Seymour has a 4 year head start on Terrell and it is very unlikely Terrell can make up that lost ground and someday be considered a better NFL player than Seymour.

If Terrell turns into the next Jerry Rice it still won't change the fact that Bogus was dead wrong because we only ended up with both guys because we passed on Terrell in the draft. Jackass.

Two phone calls I wish would be made at Training Camp:

1st call: to Logan Mankins informing him that the Boston Globe's Ron Borges believes that all rodeo-ropin', cowpokin' Californians are light-in-the-saddle.

2nd call: to Ron Borges informing him of Mr. Mankins' desire to conduct a follow-up interview regarding his family's unfortunate accident article printed in last Sunday's Globe.

sit back. crack beer. enjoy show.

Point One: I hope David Terrell kicks arse as a Patriot this year

Point Two: Ron Borges is a Patriots fan from way back...misguided, yes. Evil, I guess. Rude and abrasive? To a fault. Hated/disliked by the pantheons of Patriots Nation? Justified.

But he is a Patriots fan....who unfortunately has a mean-streak to him, and has pretty much free reign to what he writes. He reminds me of certain people I work with....very bright, very capable, and very willing to fill a void with negative talk. Oh, well, life goes on.....

Borges (may) get his 'exoneration' if and when he decides to stop blasting the 'Gods of war' and admit that he could never be more wrong than he has ever been in his entire journalistic career.

This is the best sig in the world. I forget who's it is, but I copied it and saved it. Worlds best sig!!!

"On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon"

-Ron Borges, Boston Globe, April 2001

Back